• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad Capcom made a character like Ken in SFV. A certain kind of new player (a Timmy in CCG terms) will have a lot of fun playing him and he isn't necessarily frustrating or difficult to beat by anyone trying to play "real" street fighter.

Those sorts of Ken players don't live for the points or the wins, but for the one moment where their EX.DP actually hits.

Shouta

Really? I think Birdie is going to end up being pretty low tier. He has really weak offense. If he's against characters that he needs to get in on he struggles .

His offense isn't explosive but it's fine. He has all the tools he needs really and can get in by walking/leaping or using chain to make his opponent come to him.Despite being really good at mid and long range, Birdie is still a grappler and dangerous in close. Both command throws are there when he needs them for damage. Once he gets the knockdown, he has a bunch of stuff he can do with V-Skill, overhead, etc.

The only character I don't have as much experience against is Sim right now. Fang will probably have a hard time zoning Birdie because of chain and rush. Everyone else is pretty much OK.

onionfrog

I'm glad Capcom made a character like Ken in SFV. A certain kind of new player (a Timmy in CCG terms) will have a lot of fun playing him and he isn't necessarily frustrating or difficult to beat by anyone trying to play "real" street fighter.

Those sorts of Ken players don't live for the points or the wins, but for the one moment where their EX.DP actually hits.
70% of my ranked matches this weekend were against Kens.

They were all pretty bad tbh. So many Yolo DPs!

The ken army is alive and well in SFV.

What's the trick to hit confirming, say Cammy's low forward into spiral arrow on sight?

Be slightly out of range. Buffer the Spiral Arrow assuming it will hit. Since you're out of range, it will only hit if they walk into it or press a button.

Doing a legit 1-hit confirm is, frankly, unreasonable without link timing or a normal with a large cancel window (like Laura's crHP). I won't say it's impossible, but it's on a 16-year-old-Korean-Starcraft-prodigy sort of level.

Dahbomb

Doing a legit 1-hit confirm is, frankly, unreasonable without link timing or a normal with a large cancel window (like Laura's crHP). I won't say it's impossible, but it's on a 16-year-old-Korean-Starcraft-prodigy sort of level.
Or Kbrad because he claims he can do that on reaction.

pizzacat

Banned
It's there and I had selected that as a default because I like it skullgirls but it takes way too much time compared to skullgirls and you still have to do that in training mode, nty

shaowebb

Shoutouts to the facebook shmups group for a post from Namer Merli on this hilarious ghetto fightstick he's in the middle of making.

2m5C7xF.jpg

XD

jett

D-Member
Hey Ricky makes the exact same mistakes with Chun Li as I do lol. I guess the SBD being a bit hard to pull off is just not me. :p

Not surprising, he stuck with Sagat all this time through SF4 despite the lows the character went through. He wants to stick with that fireball zoning and DP style and Ryu is the best representation of that.

Yogaflame24 actually uploaded 3 of his matches against Onigiri and he lost 2-1 because he still doesn't know what's going on and got gimmicked a lot lol. I expect him and Daigo to be a beast with Ryu in due time though.

Saty confirmed to still be alive and is currently on Valle's stream.

EDIT: And he just lost. Got bodied in the 1st round, put up a good fight in the 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom