• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
IV I did terrible in. Not sure if I ever reached 2000 lol. Maybe 1500 or so max. Keep in mind this was maybe during Super when the level of play was much lower lol

But yeah, I'm not terrible at SF. Decently good, but I can't imagine being at a point I'd be satisfied with at a tourney level. I got to 2000 LP, but I do know that a lot of it dealt with getting lucky on playing opponents I won't have trouble dealing with.

But I did mostly miss out on SFIV, so it's just me getting back into the cycle of things still as well.

Maybe you should go to tourneys to help level up? Majors have top players. Maybe people who I know go to majors are lying, but they say a lot of top players at tourneys are willing to help and play you if you seem motivated to learn. Playing such a diverse set of skill levels surely should help level you up naturally, no? Rather than think you won't place well due to your skills, perhaps treat it as a learning experience rather than a test of pure skill and take whatever you can out of it? That's what every player I know who attends majors does, and they grow ten fold. It's why I'm going to my major in two months and why I'm sweating learning stick and cursing at Mad Catz (and myself for not pre ordering sooner) because their new sticks are out of stock. I won't be able to learn at a major if I'm fighting a new control scheme I haven't mastered yet.

Rhapsody

Banned
Maybe you should go to tourneys to help level up? Majors have top players. Maybe people who I know go to majors are lying, but they say a lot of top players at tourneys are willing to help and play you if you seem motivated to learn. Playing such a diverse set of skill levels surely should help level you up naturally, no? Rather than think you won't place well due to your skills, perhaps treat it as a learning experience rather than a test of pure skill and take whatever you can out of it? That's what every player I know who attends majors does, and they grow ten fold. It's why I'm going to my major in two months and why I'm sweating learning stick and cursing at Mad Catz (and myself for not pre ordering sooner) because their new sticks are out of stock. I won't be able to learn at a major if I'm fighting a new control scheme I haven't mastered yet.

Yeah, I plan to eventually. Just not now due to classes, but definitely in the months before Evo.

I definitely did all this for Smash and Anime scenes, I just need to do all this again for SF lol

Marz

V is really exposing how bad my footsies are. Went to my casuals yesterday and was getting bopped by cats i always smash in IV.

Still need to find a character.

I feel like a deer in front of headlights doing moderately well (win or lose) against players that know how to diversify and how to play their hand with their character of choice, and promptly losing to overly simplistic tactics because I convince myself they won't do the same action x amount of times, even when repeatedly punished. Having that kind of shortcoming just sours my mood more than it really should, even when there's positive developments to focus on during the same day, like gaining 1000+ LP or coming out on top in a particular close call.

I guess it's misplaced pride or something silly like that.

I feel like a deer in front of headlights doing moderately well (win or lose) against players that know how to diversify and how to play their hand with their character of choice, and promptly losing to overly simplistic tactics because I convince myself they won't do the same action x amount of times, even when repeatedly punished. Having that kind of shortcoming just sours my mood more than it really should, even when there's positive developments to focus on during the same day, like gaining 1000+ LP or coming out on top in a particular close call.

I guess it's misplaced pride or something silly like that.

I'm going to post some replays in my noob thread later. I feel the same way.

pizzacat

Banned
But how? There's no spectator mode in the game yet!
I favorited countblack's account and since I know he mains Laura been picking up on some things he does. Learned some nasty reset with the first move of her target combo, ex bolt, mk or lk I think? V skill dash and you're on the other side while they're still in the air god damn

Like I said sorry for the creep shit lmaoo

MrDaravon

Yeah being able to watch replays and search by character/rank etc is super nice, at one point yesterday one of our cats was asleep on my lap for a couple hours so I was just watching top ranked Chun replays.

V is really exposing how bad my footsies are. Went to my casuals yesterday and was getting bopped by cats i always smash in IV.

Still need to find a character.

Who are you using now since your boy got replaced by a skinny Chinese dude?

My footsies and reactions have always been below average or shit, but I think I'm actually doing a little better in this version in that regard because their is less random and safe shit to look out for. So I feel like I can focus more on the ground game and to anti-air better.

And I can't play tonight but I'd really like to play some of you guys sometime this week. Wanted to go in on ranked to continually play different characters and get match up experience first.

Marz

My footsies and reactions have always been below average or shit, but I think I'm actually doing a little better in this version in that regard because their is less random and safe shit to look out for. So I feel like I can focus more on the ground game and to anti-air better.

And I can't play tonight but I'd really like to play some of you guys sometime this week. Wanted to go in on ranked to continually play different characters and get match up experience first.

I kind of want to play the skinny chinese dude, but hes charge so i dunno if i want to dedicate my effort into him just yet.

Been playing Ryu right now, might stick with him until the DLC characters start coming out.

Also been looking at Vega possibly.

I can only really play in the morningtime otherwise i would love to get games in.

I always felt like my reactions were shit too. Can only anti-air well if I predict it. Old man reactions here... But I think my reactions are good for twitch shooters because I was pretty decent at those.

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs, Cobalt. It's 7:30 here so I need to grab dinner. Thanks for the games.

First time against a Necalli, so that was a bit rough. Learned a lot though. Especially my bad habits too.

xCobalt

GGs, Cobalt. It's 7:30 here so I need to grab dinner. Thanks for the games.

First time against a Necalli, so that was a bit rough. Learned a lot though. Especially my bad habits too.

ggs. I was learning while I played too. I realized how stubby Necalli's cr.mk is compared to Karin's normals

Watching count and bakedyams fight is really helping my Laura, sorry for being a creep, nice matches guys

I favorited countblack's account and since I know he mains Laura been picking up on some things he does. Learned some nasty reset with the first move of her target combo, ex bolt, mk or lk I think? V skill dash and you're on the other side while they're still in the air god damn

Like I said sorry for the creep shit lmaoo

haha thats fine. Since the game is out idk how much uploading to Youtube I'm going to be doing since everyones already playing the game.

but if anyone wants to watch Laura play, check out my recent ranked matches on my profile.

Man, I'm in a vicious cycle of getting promoted/demoted from ultra bronze. Can't seem to keep myself above 1600. Think I just need to lay off ranked for a while.

MrDaravon

Lost 11 (?) matches in a row, then won 4 in a row to nearly make it back where I was when I started losing LP-wise. Weirdly 3 of my 4 wins at the end were against the 3 best players I fought all night including all of my losses. I'm not sure what to take away from that other than 2 of them were Ryu players, so maybe I'm just more comfortable in that matchup since Ryu isn't an unknown to me like a lot of the cast is? No idea, but the road to 1000 LP will have to wait until tomorrow.

Dahbomb

Yeah being able to watch replays and search by character/rank etc is super nice, at one point yesterday one of our cats was asleep on my lap for a couple hours so I was just watching top ranked Chun replays.
This was one of the things I had said that Capcom/fighting game devs need to start doing aka copying from games like DOTA. It's such an essential part of online play nowadays. Glad to see that Capcom finally added it in.

MrDaravon

This was one of the things I had said that Capcom/fighting game devs need to start doing aka copying from games like DOTA. It's such an essential part of online play nowadays. Glad to see that Capcom finally added it in.

Yup. I'm still not 100% sure how it works though in terms of what gets uploaded. Like, does every match go up and is searchable or what? The one match I wanted to specifically save so I could upload it to youtube I had to go into my match history and save it to my favorites from there so I'm not clear on all that.

I know that the PS4 has the touch pad for a quick reset in training mode, on Steam, does it have a key mapped to that as well?
No because the PC version does not support PS4 sticks.

Long answer is that you will have to see if a 360 controller emulator can bind the touch pad to the reset shortcut.

Sayad

Didn't Capcom have this since SSFIV?! I know for sure they did in 3s online, since I spent more time searching replays in that game than actually playing.

hypernima

Banned
I played my friends nash and was so free. Karin can't do much to AA j.HK but I've been figuring out how to counter it.

also this game it seems harder to block crossups.

Rhapsody

Banned
I played my friends nash and was so free. Karin can't do much to AA j.HK but I've been figuring out how to counter it.

also this game it seems harder to block crossups.

Even with stHP against Nash's jHK? I've yet to test it out against that button, but I'm surprised if Karin loses to it.

Otherwise try crHP or an air normal maybe? I'll probably test it out on my next free time.

hypernima

Banned
Even with stHP against Nash's jHK? I've yet to test it out against that button, but I'm surprised if Karin loses to it.

Otherwise try crHP or an air normal maybe? I'll probably test it out on my next free time.

sthp whiffs or gets stuffed a lot.
crhp works but its slender. jump back mp seems the best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom