• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

Yeah, Warzard AKA Red Earth. It was a single player fighting game where you fought bosses and leveled up your character.

Only 3 playable characters too. First CPS3 game I think. Interesting, but didn't get too into it. I think the Witch girl made it into SNK vs Capcom.

MrDaravon

Yes Capcom, this is EXACTLY the kind of PR and attention you need right now. Jesus.

Mostly weird because servers had been mostly up since Friday or so and at least personally match quality connection-wise has been fantastic. Almost wonder if they just outright fucked something up when they were doing maintenance.

MrDaravon

I might just go back to Xenoblade Chronicles X. Funny, I thought SFV would keep me occupied for months.

Real talk even when the servers are up I would just play XCX on the Gamepad (or second TV if you have one handy) while waiting for matches. I got like half of my house cleaning done yesterday waiting for matches.

Rhapsody

Banned
Real talk even when the servers are up I would just play XCX on the Gamepad (or second TV if you have one handy) while waiting for matches. I got like half of my house cleaning done yesterday waiting for matches.

I was doing this with Mario Maker/Smash 4 while I was doing ranked last week. But now I got FE Fates in the mail so...

Shun

I'm taking my talents to Blazblue for the rest of the month

I JUST BOUGHT PS PLUS TODAY

JESUS CHRIST

So are you going to be Cleveland Lebron where you play as all in one small forward or are you going to be Miami Lebron where you are forced to be a bulky power forward.

what blazblue you gonna be

MrDaravon

I was doing this with Mario Maker/Smash 4 while I was doing ranked last week. But now I got FE Fates in the mail so...

Same, I'll probably be doing Fates as well. I don't like doing Fight Requests from Training Mode just because of the additional load times back into it.

pizzacat

Banned
So are you going to be Cleveland Lebron where you play as all in one small forward or are you going to be Miami Lebron where you are forced to be a bulky power forward.

what blazblue you gonna be
Platinum The Trinity is the only character I see Lebron playing

I want to see how SFIV does at Final Round. This transition from old SF to new SF seems to be really quick.

People have really embraced SFV, I'm not sure how to call this. At first I figured it could still get 300 just because a ton of people who have been playing it for years will be there. Now who knows, maybe they are really done with it and will abandon it. Myself personally I plan to be at Final Round and will still play it.

As for SFV, I wonder if it will get a huge push like EVO did. And I mean percentage wise. If EVO gets 3300, that's a 50% increase. Last year FR got something like 480. I wonder if it can push past 700 this year considering this is the first CPT Premier event for SFV.

MrDaravon

Got the same guy 3 times in a row in Casual, by the end of it I just felt bad for him, I was just practicing air throwing him out of air tatsus >_>. Also discovered in that set that Chun's HP crush counter into Kikoken into CA is a combo that works. Which if course it does and makes sense and is probably obvious to most Chun players, but it makes me feel good that I thought about it ahead of time, executed it and it worked.

I don't know why I play this game.

Normal mode, stage 28 with Karin.

Disconnected.

They're gonna have to do something about locking colors behind that mode, even ignoring disconnects that mode is waaaaaaay too infuriating for most folks, and I don't think colors should be locked behind skillgates.

Tripon

Got the same guy 3 times in a row in Casual, by the end of it I just felt bad for him, I was just practicing air throwing him out of air tatsus >_>. Also discovered in that set that Chun's HP crush counter into Kikoken into CA is a combo that works. Which if course it does and makes sense and is probably obvious to most Chun players, but it makes me feel good that I thought about it ahead of time, executed it and it worked.

They're gonna have to do something about locking colors behind that mode, even ignoring disconnects that mode is waaaaaaay too infuriating for most folks, and I don't think colors should be locked behind skillgates.
It's not even skillgates, it's just exploiting bad AI.

I was doing Karin's V skill to see how abusable it was on bad AI. It was pretty abusable.

That said, it seemed the AI went up several levels around stage 25. I was surprised because it usually doesn't jump until 28.

Only 3 playable characters too. First CPS3 game I think. Interesting, but didn't get too into it. I think the Witch girl made it into SNK vs Capcom.

Weren't there 4? Tessa (witch lady), Leo (Lion guy), Kenji (Ninja guy), and May Lin (I think this is her name but it's Kung-fu girl). I liked the game, even though repeat run throughs is just to grind levels. I love that they basically took a page out of Samurai Shodown and if you kill an enemy a certain way you get a special animation, such as bisecting them or one of the most awesome was Kenji punched them in the chest and ripped out their heart. It basically was like a brutality if people don't know how SamSho worked, you had to finish them a certain way.

Man, 3 of my last 4 opponents had over 4,000 LP and 2 of them were supposedly Damdai and Viscant. I love facing guys that caliber, but can I get a break please.

EDIT: Oops, I thought this was the SFV thread. Oh well, still on topic :p

Tripon

Weren't there 4? Tessa (witch lady), Leo (Lion guy), Kenji (Ninja guy), and May Lin (I think this is her name but it's Kung-fu girl). I liked the game, even though repeat run throughs is just to grind levels. I love that they basically took a page out of Samurai Shodown and if you kill an enemy a certain way you get a special animation, such as bisecting them or one of the most awesome was Kenji punched them in the chest and ripped out their heart. It basically was like a brutality if people don't know how SamSho worked, you had to finish them a certain way.
I don't remember the ninja. Certainly a throwback, even its era. Reminded me a lot of Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting.

MrDaravon

It's not even skillgates, it's just exploiting bad AI.

I was doing Karin's V skill to see how abusable it was on bad AI. It was pretty abusable.

That said, it seemed the AI went up several levels around stage 25. I was surprised because it usually doesn't jump until 28.

Yeah it seems like most of the attempted exploits run out of steam in the last few levels on Normal. And this is completely ignoring Hard and Hell.

peter0611

Fighting game AI has always been really terrible, largely because of how difficult it is to program for so many scenarios But regardless, it's disappointing that after so many years they still conflate higher difficulty with opponents that read your inputs and execute moves with frame perfect timing. There's little effort to even simulate what an average human is capable of.

Sayad

what'd you learn?
AI is free to full screen fireball zoonning, long as you're out of his direct punish reach(Jump ins, anti fireball ex attacks, etc), it's really hard for him to advance. I was playing Chun, v-skill jump or wall jump to get out of the corner works nicely once we're there, AI also have trouble dealing with full screen v-skill jump > delayed j.Mk if done between fireball spam.

Went 0-8 in a first to 5 with log ride. He gave me a dose of what Dhalsim can do. I want to play a week more of Cammy before I give everyone else the "D"!
GG logs, I will work on the follow up to Cammy's st mp, cr mp.
Edit: and stop jump when I get desperate
Edit: And practice what combos from cannon spike
Edit: and throw more
Edit: and be less salty.

And be more comfortable at cr. Mp range but not press a button.
And learn some good cc combos(actually that lesson is from ranked matches)
After the beating I actually won a few straight in ranked.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
As for SFV, I wonder if it will get a huge push like EVO did. And I mean percentage wise. If EVO gets 3300, that's a 50% increase. Last year FR got something like 480. I wonder if it can push past 700 this year considering this is the first CPT Premier event for SFV.

Larry has been talking about capping the tournament at 1024 players, so....

The thing that's getting me killed the most right now in SFV is teching, or my lack-thereof.

I didn't know the teching window in SFV was so small, I'm missing it damn near consistently. Well, guess I know what I need to practice next~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom