• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadWolf

Cross-posting, new screenshots:

TOhy67x.png

yiiTY45.png

BrQFsvI.png

IJxUkIv.png

LhB0bGv.png

fKqElux.png

xvnw46R.png

wPw5MH2.png

zg6n5Ry.png

hlK7bRM.png

QODn4r2.png

yIBsX00.png

XXpYKnC.png

TqYTOmX.png

I really hope capcom addresses the rage quiting stuff soon. Its pretty bad right now.

I cant believe they didn't think that would be an issue or didnt have something in the chamber to put out if they anticipated server problems at launch and wanted to wait on putting it out.

Beckx

Building a game with huge incentives to quit and no disincentives is so XboxLive 2006.

Meanwhile, apparently Lupe and Xian are going to have a KoF match with Xian playing one-handed?

@XianMSG
KOF challenge : random team (one hand play) vs Lupe fatal fury team ? ;-) hahaha

@LupeFiasco
Lupe Fiasco Retweeted RΛZΞR Xian
I'm in...

I really hope capcom addresses the rage quiting stuff soon. Its pretty bad right now.

I cant believe they didn't think that would be an issue or didnt have something in the chamber to put out if they anticipated server problems at launch and wanted to wait on putting it out.

I wonder if they don't want to alienate their core audience of ragequitters, so they're hesitant to act.

hitsugi

All they have to do is instate a disconnect %..

...then retro the stats. People will be popping up with like 90% before they even know what happened.

mbpm1

All they have to do is instate a disconnect %..

...then retro the stats. People will be popping up with like 90% before they even know what happened.

What would that do? They would still have to play them since they're thrown in immediately on ranked or any random matchmaking

or rq themselves

They seem to have fixed the matchmaking to some degree at least. Got a bunch of good matches pretty fast today, all with people within 100-200 LP of me.

Definite improvement on that front for me.

Anne

Everything I said about OSes and the exact way to do them happened :>

That being said I still think most of the throw OSes are much weaker than crouch tech in 4 so I'd rather see them play out first.

Chun can do it with a delayed EX SBK, it's really good against Bison. If he goes for a frame trap you're still blocking, if he goes for a throw you tech it and if he goes for HK Knee, dash teleport of some other v-trigger shenanigan EX SBK comes out.

Spoiler: If Bison does nothing and waits Chun spins around like an idiot and he kills her REALLY hard. Fuzzy SBK is kinda ass because of how ass EX SBK is vs grounded pressure in general. Every fuzzy OS is only as good as the option that's being selected and opens oyu up to specific punishes vs delayed versions of those. Fuzzy jab.throw isn't like crouch teching because it requires a set timing, it also opens people up to things like heavier CC frame traps that normally timed jabs would beat. The low reward on jab also makes the jab OS way less tempting vs SF4 where crouch tech could go off and get you a full combo.

hitsugi

What would that do? They would still have to play them since they're thrown in immediately on ranked or any random matchmaking

or rq themselves

Well if we're talking about hypothetical additions (which we are), battle confirmation could display this stat.

guys how to practice landing meaties? how do you know if you even landed one?

Set the training dummy to wakeup with a jab or throw. If you time your button right you should get a counterhit. Make sure to practice the timing on both quick recovery and hard knockdown recovery.

Shouta

You sometimes want to take the throw instead of taking the frame trap. You'd see this in SFxT where a single combo could take 40-70% of your life off a counterhit in that situation. The throw was ultimately less damage than the combo so you'd take it a few times for your chance to retaliate or get away instead of just stopping the throw and risking all the damage on the first go.

CO_Andy

those KOF stages look a lot more inspiring than SFV

hey shouta is your CFN ID shouta? last time i checked CFN shouta he had no ranked matches under his belt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom