• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

DreamHack Austin is part of the 2016 Capcom Pro Tour as a North American Ranking event, today we are announcing the full tournament details and opening up the the player registration. Secure your spot in the tournament now by signing up below!

DreamHack Austin, DreamHacks first event in North America is arranged at the Austin Convention Center May 6-8th 2016. The Capcom Pro Tour in Street Fighter V will feature a guaranteed $5,000 pot bonus and reward the top 16 players with Capcom Pro Tour points, the winner of the DreamHack Austin Capcom Pro Tour tournament will also receive a direct invite to the Capcom Pro Tour North American Regional Finals to be able to fight for a spot in the Capcom Cup.

http://dreamhackaustin.com/street-fighter/

Capcom Pro Tour is now giving pot bonuses to ranking events. Last year, only Premier events got pot bonuses.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I can't remember what day it was unfortunately.

But as a quick summary:

- Floe talks shit about how garbo Rashid is, calling him the El Fuerte of SFV and saying he would never ever play the character
- His stream badgers him into playing Rashid
- He spends 5 minutes in the lab before saying fuck this and jumps into ranked
- Match #1: Tampa Bison. He bops Tampa free
- Match #2: Alex Valle playing Rashid. Bops Valle free
- Match #3: Lamerboi playing Rashid. Bops Lamerboi free
- Match #4: Arturo Motherfucking Sanchez as Dhalsim: Bops Art free
- At this point it's clear he is the chosen messiah of Rashid, the stream monsters dub him Floeshido. He freaks out, gets mad and shuts the stream down.

I'm done for the day, this is all I needed to read.

http://dreamhackaustin.com/street-fighter/

Capcom Pro Tour is now giving pot bonuses to ranking events. Last year, only Premier events got pot bonuses.

Unless I'm mistaken, I think that's just Dreamhack and not Capcom giving out that bonus. They've always given out guaranteed bonuses for their SF4 tournaments in the past. I think they had 2 ranking tournaments last year in other parts of Europe that included a decent bonus. The only time they didn't add to the pot was Dreamhack Winter from just last November when the only prize was the money from Capcom because it was a Premier Event.

Sheroking

I can't remember what day it was unfortunately.

But as a quick summary:

- Floe talks shit about how garbo Rashid is, calling him the El Fuerte of SFV and saying he would never ever play the character
- His stream badgers him into playing Rashid
- He spends 5 minutes in the lab before saying fuck this and jumps into ranked
- Match #1: Tampa Bison. He bops Tampa free
- Match #2: Alex Valle playing Rashid. Bops Valle free
- Match #3: Lamerboi playing Rashid. Bops Lamerboi free
- Match #4: Arturo Motherfucking Sanchez as Dhalsim: Bops Art free
- At this point it's clear he is the chosen messiah of Rashid, the stream monsters dub him Floeshido. He freaks out, gets mad and shuts the stream down.

This is the stream by the way.

Matches with top players start at 3:24:45

He doesn't play them all in a row, nor does he beat Tampa Bison, but he does flip out when he goes on a win streak and beats Art, while we all regaled him with "FLOE SHI DO!!"

Tripon

Unless I'm mistaken, I think that's just Dreamhack and not Capcom giving out that bonus. They've always given out guaranteed bonuses for their SF4 tournaments in the past. I think they had 2 ranking tournaments last year in other parts of Europe that included a decent bonus. The only time they didn't add to the pot was Dreamhack Winter from just last November when the only prize was the money from Capcom because it was a Premier Event.

Think that's coming from Dreamhack's pockets.

You're probably right. I just remember Dreamhack Winter's lack of a pot bonus outside of what CPT gave and assumed it was the same case.

Oh, they are up. I'm going to order myself.

Edit: Oh, thought you meant the average price was $50 per night, including weekend. $86 average per night isn't that bad still.

Yeah, sorry. Was in a rush. I only booked Sunday night at the Luxor. Don't want to trek back to the Westgate.

It was $49 for the night.

Daigo Memememehara

New moves: Memehado, Memeshoryu

Daigo with the dank memes. He's in tune with the people. He's the true people's champ.

WCaqkrA.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom