• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Isn't neon green Batman suit laced with Kryotinite or some shit?

Most of the base Injustice 2 character designs look fine IMO. A bit more armor plates than I would like but it's ok. Of course I am not talking about the extra armor mods that you can equip because that's like criticizing Tekken/VF for their accessories.

NRS designs have been getting better over time, especially the females that people love to complain about. NWS posted the older, less refined Supergirl pic too... the current looks is great IMO.

Injustice-2-Supergirl-Vid_12-23-16.jpg

I don't have a reasoning that applies to everything (be it too many buckles or whatever), I am just not a fan of NRS art design in general (I do really like some MK/IJ designs here and there), and especially dislike their animations.

I am in the minority of course, cause these games sell alot. It is what it is.

I dislike alot of BB and GG stuff as well (I like GG designs more though).

Actually, alot of anime games turn me off art/character design wise, lol.

Edzi

So is the simultaneous steam/console release for GG confirmed?

I tried to get into the game with Sign and Revelator and gave up pretty quickly each time, but Baiken has me super interested again if I can pick it up on PC.

mbpm1

So is the simultaneous steam/console release for GG confirmed?

I tried to get into the game with Sign and Revelator and gave up pretty quickly each time, but Baiken has me super interested again if I can pick it up on PC.

why'd you give up

Kumubou

I am guessing Namco will reveal the date on Jan 24th, the Evo lineup reveal.
Pretty sure Markman deconfirmed the release date during the Evo announcement show in the Tekken OT here. Can't link to the post right now as I'm on my phone, though. Found it:

I told you guys like 20 times. Release date reveal is during The EVO Line Up. I've been telling you for over a month. You guys should really have more faith in what I say.
I'm sorry my friend. Your info/source is incorrect.

Man, if that IGN leak is right that's really close between the announcement and the release date. I... kind of respect that, actually? Well, maybe more so if Tekken's hype cycle wasn't 35465347345734 years long already.

MrDaravon

Tekken is pretty pad friendly, a standard Playstation controller works fine since you only have 4 attack buttons. A good dpad is obviously important.

They're both more than doable. You'll probably need to set up a couple of button bindings to play Xrd on pad properly but locally our best player plays on pad. As for Tekken, I think there are more competitive players in the US that play on pad than play on stick at this point! Tekken is absolutely pad-friendly.

Late response but thanks! I played a ton of Tekken 1-3 on PS1 using the default PS1 pad but haven't really touched the series since.

I've got a Hori FC but honestly almost wonder if just using the regular DS4 for Tekken would almost be better. I'm honestly not a super big fan of the FC d-paid, but I'm also not on the most current version of it (I have the one that has the useless rotating function) so I'm not sure how much of a difference that would make.

Is Revelator on pad more of a character to character situation? Talking about having to change key bindings to play on pad is potentially offputting. I have absolutely zero GG knowledge.

Beckx

i've already seen enough of a billionaire obsessed with beating up an immigrant, i don't need Injustice 2 at this point.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";228579298]I wanna get psvr just for this but it's hard to justify.[/QUOTE]

the way motion works in the game, combined with the resolution, makes me ill playing RE7 demo. :(

King Kye

Banned
Is Revelator on pad more of a character to character situation? Talking about having to change key bindings to play on pad is potentially offputting. I have absolutely zero GG knowledge.
You'll be fine on pad. Playing Zato may be challenging but people manage to do it . In some ways I'll say youll have a tiny advantage especially if you macro.

Kumubou

What I meant by button bindings is more switching some of the default assignments, more than anything -- although you will probably want to run a RC marco, at least. As for worrying about using the bindings and in-game marcos... it's 2017 now and the functions have existed in the games for years. Nobody cares about that anymore -- do whatever is most comfortable for you.

peter0611

Looking at FGC twitter, it's that time of the year where scenes shit on each other for fear of their game not getting into the EVO lineup. Cmon folks. :/

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Bum is super salty about how ranking system works in SFV. He isn't wrong but that's just the way it is. It is like that with a lot of games.

Line_HTX

Alex Jebailey ‏@CEOJebailey 3m3 minutes ago

Officially announcing the 3rd year for the biggest dedicated #AFGC event.

#CEOtaku 2017 takes place at the Wyndham on September 23-24th!

C2bB9zsXEAAC4tw.jpg

I just thought of an idea for a fighting game:

You are a kid who gets into a new fighting game just released in arcades. In the story mode, you battle other players who use different characters. Each "player" has his or her unique skills, and different combinations of players with the various characters in the game produce different results. You start at a classmate's birthday party at a place like Chucky Cheese. The story has you battling through bigger and better arcades, climbing the ranks on the local scene, then regional, and finally playing for the national championship.

The versus mode would have the same mechanic. You pick your player and a game character, again with different combinations producing unique skills/moves/combos.

Am I onto something here?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Regarding Marvel, it really could be anyone's year. None of the gods are acknowledging the game yet alone playing it right now. The hardcore slightly below god level players are playing it consistently.

You are a kid who gets into a new fighting game just released in arcades. In the story mode, you battle other players who use different characters. Each "player" has his or her unique skills, and different combinations of players with the various characters in the game produce different results. You start at a classmate's birthday party at a place like Chucky Cheese. The story has you battling through bigger and better arcades, climbing the ranks on the local scene, then regional, and finally playing for the national championship.

The versus mode would have the same mechanic. You pick your player and a game character, again with different combinations producing unique skills/moves/combos.

is that kinda like Quest mode in VF4 Evo?

Kumubou

The story mode aspect was done in VF4:Evo and VF5, and the movelist mechanic sounds like how Arcanas work in Arcana Heart (unless you're going for truly unique combinations, which would get out of hand VERY quickly).

That also sounds way too meta for most people. :p

Dahbomb

Regarding Marvel, it really could be anyone's year. None of the gods are acknowledging the game yet alone playing it right now. The hardcore slightly below god level players are playing it consistently.
It's same as last year where it was anyone's game (as in anyone in the top 20). ChrisG ended up winning it in the end but before top 8 he was a wreck.

I want Dual Kevin to go far but I want RayRay to take it home. And Clockwork to get top 8.

Character wise Dante, Strider, Nova, Spencer, MODOK, Firebrand and Viper are still "Uncrowned kings" so it would be cool to see some of them get the win to continue the tradition of at least one new character winning EVO every year.

Dahbomb

Talking about the hilarious days of broken Marvel 1 Red Venom and Gold Warmachine shenanigans...

LMAO! This is some godlike stuff!

Dahbomb

Back in the day theory fighter in Marvel boiled down to:

"Nah man Red Venom is the best character in the game, if he touches you it's done!"

"Son have you seen Gold War Machine? When he double teams you the GAME FREEZES!!!"

Re: all the art talk, I don't think those snippets posted in the last page about Injustice are all that bad. They're too edgelordy but other than that they look fine. It's animation that's always been the NRS problem.

As far as awful design goes, modern animuwaifu designs and cluttered piles of incoherent nonsense take the cake, hands down. Just look at goddamn Answer. He's awful and helps reinforce the unbelieveably shitty Chipp as president storyline. Then we have Elphelt (who at least is a parody and brilliant as such but not exactly good for attraxting normal people), Bedman, millions and then millions of nonsensical belts, the random jumble of stuff that is Sin, and the list goes on...

SFV Akuma is dreadful. As is eg. Mika, the Juri redesign etc. and SFV's handling of fanservice in general. It's like they think the audience is a bunch of retarded trogdolytes so better smack them with an anvi- sorry, butt.

Bison is a great design, his animations really express the character and the aesthetic is nice and clean and devoid of random nonsense.

Sayad

They broke the moe face curse with Baiken, even though it was pretty moe in story mode. Answer is just aweful design though, the hair, glasses, outfit, weapon and being a ninja. Looks like a mish mash of random stuff.

Wallach

They broke the moe face curse with Baiken, even though it was pretty moe in story mode. Answer is just aweful design though, the hair, glasses, outfit, weapon and being a ninja. Looks like a mish mash of random stuff.

Huh? He looks way cool. He's a ninja CEO.

shaowebb

Woo! Got the new gaming chair today. Thing feels better than the seats in friggin car's I've been in. Definitely worth it. Plus I can't even slide around in it given the way its fabrics are. Once I get cozy I don't slump or drift out slowly at all. Just permanent cozy. Definitely feeling a big difference from going from an office chair to a gaming chair.

pizzacat

Banned

This is let it die but not a fighting game

phaonaut

Woo! Got the new gaming chair today. Thing feels better than the seats in friggin car's I've been in. Definitely worth it. Plus I can't even slide around in it given the way its fabrics are. Once I get cozy I don't slump or drift out slowly at all. Just permanent cozy. Definitely feeling a big difference from going from an office chair to a gaming chair.

Which brand/model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom