• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Sayad

Is there a mid-range game in Injustice 2? Everything I've seen so far is either full screen zooning or in your face pressure!

CO_Andy

the fighting game of the century is being re released today, and best of all its free!

but i know all you stoners are too busy playing Not MK or watching Aris' channel

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Capcom has a lot of work to do with MvCi. On a presentation and technical level, Injustice 2 is like a generation ahead. Also the game needs to be very robust. NRS raised the bar again.

Lulubop

Capcom has a lot of work to do with MvCi. On a presentation and technical level, Injustice 2 is like a generation ahead. Also the game needs to be very robust. NRS raised the bar again.

Capcom doesn't have the resources to make a storymode with the production like this. It's on a wayyy other level. They best go about making some goofy fan service shit with cool moments. They do need mad modes, and carrot on a stick like Injustice's loot.

Dahbomb

Yeah I2 has Fighting GOTY on lock right now from the general gaming press.

So what's the verdict on sfv Evo entrance number this year? Last year around this time it was breaking record. This year I hear nothing about it. Drastic drop?

Also i2 is the best fighting game this gen? Sounds like it based on the press review.

VariantX

So what's the verdict on sfv Evo entrance number this year? Last year around this time it was breaking record. This year I hear nothing about it. Drastic drop?

Also i2 is the best fighting game this gen? Sounds like it based on the press review.

Yeah, Its getting all the awards hands down this year for sure. Would have been Tekken by a mile had I2 not come out this year.

i'd wager it's gonna be ARMS from a casual perspective

Maybe, but it would have to have a lot going for it aside from what it already has.

IJ2 has Superman, Batman, a great story mode, and lootboxes. If ARMS had the cast of Smash Bros, then I'd agree that it might beat out IJ2 for the casual audience.

Dahbomb

It's still on top in terms of entrants.

It does seem like EVO might have slowed down in terms of entrants compared to the last couple of years if this is true. Since neither Smash 4 or Melee over took SFV in terms of entrants... that means that there isn't a significantly larger number of entrants from last year this time around.

It's still on top in terms of entrants.

It does seem like EVO might have slowed down in terms of entrants compared to the last couple of years if this is true. Since neither Smash 4 or Melee over took SFV in terms of entrants... that means that there isn't a significantly larger number of entrants from last year this time around.

I think this year will be the first time smash will have more entrants than SFV. Also SFIV always went up in terms on entrance. Not surprised though given that SFV didn't take the world by a storm like SFIV did.

Dahbomb

I think this year will be the first time smash will have more entrants than SFV. Also SFIV always went up in terms on entrance. Not surprised though given that SFV didn't take the world by a storm like SFIV did.
SFV would have to drop like 2K entrants or one of the Smash games would have to gain 2K entrants or more for that to happen.

I think SFV will drop but not to that extent. I think it will be competitive among the top 3 games.

The main point here is that from 2015 to 2016 EVO increased entrants by 36%... I do not think at all that EVO will raise by the same margin this year.

Dahbomb

Yup, that's the thing.

Players are shitting on the game 24/7, but they keep supporting it and getting hype for everything around it.

99 problems bu... OH MY GOD ED IS SO HYPE UGGGGGGH
OMG DA LAST NASH BONCHAN!

WOAH DID U SEE DAT CONFIRM BY FUUDO!!!

LUL DAIGO KILLED HIMSELF! DAIFRAUD!!!

As long as FG super stars play SFV and as long as big corporations like E League keep putting big money into the game... SFV will survive through despite what hipsters threaten they might do. It's momentum and positive feedback loop... money from corporations = pros keep playing = FG enthusiasts keep getting hyped = CPM generated = money from corporations

Spuck-uk

Banned

Shame about their indie dev-tier animation team.

Dahbomb

IJ2 spoilers:

God damn WB went the extra mile to make Superman a dick. Dude straight up sucker punched Batman in an honest fight! And then when they actually got to fight Batman whooped dat ass like he always does.

Get banished into the Dead Zo... I mean Phantom Zone son!!!

Edit: Oh wait apparently there are multiple endings, good and bad. Still
fuck Superman!

Does Deadshot play like Deathstroke?

Quite similar. He has a better ranged game, but his upclose-game is poo-poo as compared to Deathstroke. Very few combos, no real damage up close and lacks any real mixups. Makes sense since Deadshot is a ranged assassin while Deathstroke is supposed to be a jack of all trades.

It's gonna be difficult for some characters to break through his zoning but they've focused on giving characters more options, not the least of which is the universal meter burn forward roll.

IJ2 spoilers:

God damn WB went the extra mile to make Superman a dick. Dude straight up sucker punched Batman in an honest fight! And then when they actually got to fight Batman whooped dat ass like he always does.

Get banished into the Dead Zo... I mean Phantom Zone son!!!

Edit: Oh wait apparently there are multiple endings, good and bad. Still
fuck Superman!

Garlic Jr.>Superman

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm not even watching SFV for the game play. Just watching to see certain players do well, trash talk, etc. People like Punk are keeping the game interesting.

NEO0MJ

Garlic Jr.>Superman

giphy.gif

shaowebb

Serioisly, what part of immortality don't you understand?
That just means the guy gets his ass beat for all eternity. The ability to get back up is not the same as the ability to not get knocked down in the first place. Dude couldn't scratch Superman if he wanted to.

NEO0MJ

That just means the guy gets his ass beat for all eternity. The ability to get back up is not the same as the ability to not get knocked down in the first place. Dude couldn't scratch Superman if he wanted to.

Yep. He's the eternal scrub.
Plus, what kind of name is Garlic. Jr? What a loser. He got whupped twice, the second time by a kid!

Is there a mid-range game in Injustice 2? Everything I've seen so far is either full screen zooning or in your face pressure!

Scarecrow's entire thing is that his normals outrange everyone elses, and can play footsies in an incredibly dominating fashion.

Swamp Thing is literally a mid-screen grappler with long range normals and mixups.

There are other characters too but the above 2 are by far the ones that EXCEL in a mid-range situation.

Village

Superman get knocked down though. He can get knocked down by bunches of people.

The whole JL got wrecked by one dude, and his name was Martian Manhunter.

Village

Oh dang, I forgot to ask.

How do you feel about Red Hood being confirmed for IJ2?

Its dope, he's one of my favorite DC characters.

i havent played the game yet , so I don't know if he's in the game yet. But I hope he plays good, or rather interestingly. I don't think he's apart of the story though, and at this point in his comic book life, he would probably be more on batman sides than supermans.

Him and bman have reconciled their differences and they regularly seem to hang out bman giving him " hey man, i'm out here dressed as a furry punching people in the face. If you murder like A guy , i'm not going to get mad at you or anything. I'm an actual crazy person, so maybe i should judge you son who is also a crazy person"

So excited. Hope he shows up in other games, not like Batman Arkham knight though, fucked up his character, hard. They should have just made the arkham knight a new guy

Its dope, he's one of my favorite DC characters.

i havent played the game yet , so I don't know if he's in the game yet. But I hope he plays good, or rather interestingly. I don't think he's apart of the story though, and at this point in his comic book life, he would probably be more on batman sides than supermans.

Him and bman have reconciled their differences and they regularly seem to hang out bman giving him " hey man, i'm out here dressed as a furry punching people in the face. If you murder like A guy , i'm not going to get mad at you or anything. I'm an actual crazy person, so maybe i should judge you son who is also a crazy person"

So excited. Hope he shows up in other games, not like Batman Arkham knight though, fucked up his character, hard. They should have just made the arkham knight a new guy
He's one of the first DLC characters. The DLC characters have been confirmed to be released 1 at a time, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's second since he comes out of the shadows second in the reveal trailer, just like the MKX reveal trailers for DLC characters.

I don't think he's a part of the story else we would've gotten footage or posts about it.

Glad to hear you got your boy in the game :)

Top Bottom