• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Daigo is like the Jenny Jones of the FGC. Instead of giving you a make over, he does something to make your life better. Some times people just need a little push to get over a hump. Looks like Kuroda was in an orgy and had way too many drinks afterwards.

Were they just roasting him again? He would answer back a lot

Actually, it seemed a lot of people go out of their to be supportive. Many people basically tracked them down to give Kuroda a hug and they were walking for hours straight. Even the young japanese FGC crew like Nauman went out to find them. They also read the letters r/kappa sent them. Also some weird and hilarious part is that they ran into a street hypnotist, they went along with it and tried to see if it would work on Fuudo.

CO_Andy

Daigo and crew really went out of their way for Kuroda. Walking for hours and upon hours (and even more hours) to get him to be active outside.

He says he doesn't like videogames anymore, so i wonder what he'll do in his future?

pizzacat

Banned
Actually, it seemed a lot of people go out of their to be supportive. Many people basically tracked them down to give Kuroda a hug and they were walking for hours straight. Even the young japanese FGC crew like Nauman went out to find them. They also read the letters r/kappa sent them. Also some weird and hilarious part is that they ran into a street hypnotist, they went along with it and tried to see if it would work on Fuudo.
Good to know he's having fun at least

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I wouldn't even say EVO. Once story mode and single player is done and they had their fair share of online battles, it's back to square one. Both the Injustice and Tekken OTs will be a ghost town in due time. NRS games doesn't have the legs and hardcore following like Tekken does on GAF so those really liking the game better get their fill before the casuals move on.

Look at Twitch numbers right now. Injustice is not even placing top 50. A game that is barely a month. And it's supposed to be the most popular of the bunch. Goes to show you that on Twitch and Internets as a whole, it doesn't have a big hardcore following.

cordy

Banned
I wouldn't even say EVO. Once story mode and single player is done and they had their fair share of online battles, it's back to square one. Both the Injustice and Tekken OTs will be a ghost town in due time. NRS games doesn't have the legs and hardcore following like Tekken does on GAF so those really liking the game better get their fill before the casuals move on.

Look at Twitch numbers right now. Injustice is not even placing top 50. A game that is barely a month. And it's supposed to be the most popular of the bunch. Goes to show you that on Twitch and Internets as a whole, it doesn't have a big hardcore following.

Tbh...let's be real.

Who was really thinking Injustice 2 was going to be something that stayed in the line-up? Tekken's a different story as this is the first mainline Tekken title in a decade (first since fighters rose back up) to release. We'll see how it goes. Either way though Injustice 2...nah man. I don't know anyone who was really championing that game as staying in the big leagues. It seemed most only pushed it because it's DC and for it's graphics.

Tbh...let's be real.

Who was really thinking Injustice 2 was going to be something that stayed in the line-up? Tekken's a different story as this is the first mainline Tekken title in a decade (first since fighters rose back up) to release. We'll see how it goes. Either way though Injustice 2...nah man. I don't know anyone who was really championing that game as staying in the big leagues. It seemed most only pushed it because it's DC and for it's graphics.

Tekken won't have legs either. Fighters just don't gel with the casual player.

Line_HTX

V-Trigger? What's that?

DBcuNtDUwAAOJII.jpg

VariantX

Tbh...let's be real.

I honestly was expecting it to last until at least July, but I guess they're not built to last for some reason.

I honestly was expecting it to last until at least July, but I guess they're not built to last for some reason.

People checked out once they saw that zoning was insane, and that the best characters were still Batman, Superman and Aquaman. The dedicated NRS players will still play it like they did IJ1, but I've got a feeling that this year's EVO might be IJ2's only appearance.

Even mkx lasted longer than injustice 2. But as a business NRS is leagues ahead of Capcom imo. Tekken 7 will follow the same fate as all tekken before this imo. And get lost into obscurity but will be a tremendous success financially and as a business.

Hyun Sai

Twitch numbers are not really relevant, especially for a new game. If steam numbers stay high even after a few months, it will be a better indicator.

galvenize

Aris' streams have been so damn educational. I feel like I was going to school again with an extremely entertaining and compelling teacher. It's almost mandatory to follow him if you're new to tekken.

Q8D3vil

Injustice 2 balance is just shit, probably the worst i have ever seen in a fighting game. I say while i actually like the game a lot. They need to balance the shit out of it.

Tizoc

Great to hear, hope this helps kuroda.

whens cvs3?

tumblr_oqzs0s4nHT1usrgjso1_540.gif
Breh link me to this mod now.

Tripon

He says it's free, but then locks content under paetron.

Also, Capcom just needs to hire more modelers to release some skins.

pizzacat

Banned
He says it's free, but then locks content under paetron.

Also, Capcom just needs to hire more modelers to release some skins.
What happens when someone who gives him money to make mods puts that mod out there for people to download for free

What legal ground can he possibly be on

2017 wow

Tizoc

That air grab animation is atrocious, lol

Only when you slow it down. Case in point
zuxd2Yh.gif

I mean have you actually SEEN every frame of Ibuki's neck breaker attack? Like actually done a frame by frame view of it? It has some dorky ass body twisting from Ibuki, but when sped up it looks fine.

Top Bottom