• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Homing dashes showed up in DBZ Supersonic Warriors in 2004 which Arcsystems Works also developed. Also the infinity gem system was used in Marvel Super Heroes in 1995. Arcana Hearts came out in 2006. I'm not saying the game don't have cool shit but they ain't the first to do it.

shaowebb

Homing dashes showed up in DBZ Supersonic Warriors in 2004 which Arcsystems Works also developed. Also the infinity gem system was used in Marvel Super Heroes in 1995. Arcana Hearts came out in 2006. I'm not saying the game don't have cool shit but they ain't the first to do it.

Point taken. Neither did anything as severe with them as Arcana Heart did though and thats something I think folks should definitely support more of is my point. Infinity gems most definitely never went as fast as what arcanas did. Nothing that is out now or announced now has even tried to take it as far either is also my point...its just huge the amount of flexible customization offered in both movesets and movement in this series. The amount of tools and insane mechanics per arcana on top of the roster of already insanely crazy tool filled folks is something to really dig into. Adding even a single other character and arcana into that can take the game in a lot of direcitons.

Its a title I'll always push for its mechanics. I've played a LOT of stuff, but nothing ever went as far as this game did with making the player able to create their own thing. Its waifu is its only drawback. But for the amount of things you get to do its well worth supporting.

High quality Arcana Heart 3 Love Max Six Stars play from japan

Link to the AH3LMSS kickstarter

AAK

Alright need a list of notables for everything except sfv and marvel. 20 is good.

IJ2:

Sonic Fox
Tekken Master
Slayer
Biohazard
Dragon
whiteBoi
iLuusions
DJT
Madzin
Coach Steve
Hayatei
Scar
Noobe
MIT
Pig of the Hut
BeyondToxin
F0xy Grampa
Lord Pnut
Theo
KDZ

Tekken

JDCR
Knee
Saint
Nobi
Kurokuro
Okay
Kkokoma
Yuu
Taisei
Mr. Naps
Anakin
Chikurin
PLing
Nishi Pekos
Bats
Jeondding
Tanukana
Shudy
Speedkicks
Fuko DelaMuerte

...Waifu aesthetic be damned this is one of the best fighting games I've played...

Smells like functions...

shaowebb

$100k seems doable.

I might back this at the lowest tier, just because if this Kickstarter does well, we might see Examu do a Kickstarter for a port of Daemon Bride.

Yeah they mentioned that if this does well they'd like to try and kickstart Daemon Bride finally coming over. Its definitely something that surprises me that never got pushed harder. Pretty darned good fighter from all matches I've watched online. Reminds of of UNIEL in terms of aesthetics. Maybe its the monster character and hitboxes.
I think I own AH3 on PS3, but the game was so obtuse and info so sparse that I gave up on it quick.

Got you covered.

Dlent

Threw $25 bucks at it. The rewards for later tiers seems pretty bad. Even though they're implying that the stretch goals are for new characters, I hope that one of them is for a console port so that it would actually be possible to run tournaments for the game.

it looks like they've got at least one new character as a stretch goal, even though the stretch goal chart is all ???

No way I can support a project like this with a clear conscience. Maybe if they start from scratch with a less creepy idea I'd be willing to support.
Also, some loser actually payed $5k to be drawn with their waifu, lol. Fucking nerds, man.

it's always funny when people on GAF talk about nerds

arcana heart looks like it'd be amirox's favorite video game, so that's a hard pass from me.
giphy.gif

vulva

This must be the origin. I guess the idea is that the part of the move that can actually hit is the meaty part. Start-up and recovery must be "bones" then lol

Think of a sandwich.

Boom 23 years of mystery solved right here. Super hard to understand, right guys?

Think of a sandwich.

Boom 23 years of mystery solved right here. Super hard to understand, right guys?
But if the sandwich represents all of the active frames of the move, don't you want to hit with the "bread", AKA the end? The goal of a meaty is to hit on the latest active frame possible, not the middle.

BadWolf

Unrelated to the current topic but is there anything more dominating than sucessfully landing a DP during your opponent's wakeup?

In 3rd Strike I used to do Ryu's Shin Shoryuken on people's wake up, it often owned wake up DPs.

I remember one guy losing his shit when I did it on his Ken's DP lol.

The worst fighting game term, easily, is "Happy Birthday". It only applies to a few fighting games overall so it could be worse but it has absolutely no connection to what's actually happening aside from "it's a good thing and birthdays are also a good thing".

What's wrong with that? Jargon doesn't have to make perfect literal sense, that's kind of the fun of it.

mbpm1

Tekken has "chickens" as an official game mechanic only because of an old bug where the announer would say it. (He still says it in 7)
Have to say i think that is one of the weirder ones. I always think of chicken guard when I hear it. Or popeyes

Top Bottom