• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | 4/20-26 | Beowulf Wrasslin', Mewtwo Smashin', Netkode Krashin

Shouta

Hi FG Gaf, do you guys recommend Injustice or MK9? I don't have a PS4 and can't buy MKX but I still feel like playing something similar.

OSU 16-bit might have better insight but I'd assume MK9 is probably a better choice as it'll be have similar cast/setting/moves. The systems might be a bit closer to Injustice though.

sikvod00

Banned
The "SF or gtfo" mentality is so funny considering how small and insignificant the fg genre is compared to other competitive games. So much hostility when tons more people dont care about your game either. It's literally fighting over scraps. Let other games have their time to shine.

The "SF or gtfo" mentality is so funny considering how small and insignificant the fg genre is compared to other competitive games. So much hostility when tons more people dont care about your game either. It's literally fighting over scraps. Let other games have their time to shine.

That mentality exists for every game tbh.

mbpm1

Smaller communities always have more pride for some reason.

Didn't you hear? Street Fighter is the only fighting game.

Everyone remembers "When's Marvel" in the chat. During Final Round you had the GG viewers complaining about sf4 during the 3v3. Aris and Rip complain about the chat talking shit about other games that aren't Tekken when they play.

It happens for every game. A lot of people are interested in their own games and nothing else.

Go to a Halo tournament chat and you have cod vs halo bullshit going on. It happens everywhere.

sikvod00

Banned
That mentality exists for every game tbh.

Smaller communities always have more pride for some reason.
Yeah, my main beef is the lack of perspective and empathy from the smaller genres. Lol,CS:GO,Dota,and etc are so big it's expected they will dismiss anything else. They also don't tend to coexist with one another.

So I guess my point is: if you don't like your competitive game getting constantly shit on by the big boys, don't do it to others?

But this is mostly from entitled stream monsters, so nothing you can really do.

shaowebb

Whats his BNB flame fist combos like, much in the way of run cancels?

None that I've had so far needed running at all for Liu Kang Flame Fist BNB. You'd only really need it if you were doing one of his combos that utilizes his air fireball because you need to run to juggle them after any air fireball. He's nothing to get fancy with. He's just a straight up guy you can hit and use easily for high reward at low risk or entry barrier.

Just watch this starting at 4:20

Reading old Ultra change request threads - and this is on SRK, not Crapcom Whine-ity, mind you - is self torture. People you'd imagine are knowledgeable ask for the silliest bullshit imaginable. Most of the requests are easily proved silly and/or completely insane by copy-pasting frame data. Damn it was a madhouse.

Anyone want Evil Roo with 6f cr.mk, 70 damage fireballs? How 'bout Oni with 8 frames less fireball recovery (he has 2 more than Ryu atm)?

make light knee press overhead pls

NEO0MJ

Omelette du fromage helps writing. I might do a new character design breakdown here soon too, I have an idea about some characters.

I must find this Omelette du fromage.

I'm not there :p

Too bad. He wouldn't stand a chance. I mean ,even I couldn't fight you!
Because our internet connection just won't allow it.

true balance

Mastering light, medium, and hard attacks were the mark of a true player.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Anyone in this thread besides myself, Shouta, and I believe Markman coming to NWM this weekend? Would love to get a FGC-GAF Photo.

The best way to promote your favorite game is to promote your favorite game. Just play a lot instead of complaining on message boards. It doesn't take a large community to provide a large amount of content. But why don't "smaller" games have more videos like Cross Counter? Or just random dudes talking about the game? Or as many in-depth tutorials? That's how you really promote your game, not yelling in stream chats.

Ultradavid and James Chen did more to promote P4A than most of the community, and yet the P4A community complained when they were getting less stream time after nobody doing anything with the game.

vulva

I had a throwaway exam just now for a class that it was impossible to get less than an A in for me given my marks going in. Wrote about frame data for 2 hours since I had to hand something in.

Clawww

the entertainment value of FG streams is pretty high depending on what's going on. e-sports got nothing on things like stick destruction

vulva

what was the exam on lol
Class was about how technology can influence society. The last few weeks discussed metagames and transferable skills through brain training.

The question was to discuss if game systems and mechanics can lead to something beyond video games and provide transferable skills. So I explained frame data in great detail and then discussed reactions and critical thinking for punishes. Also how learning complex combos could help with complex rhythms.

It was basically just me killing two hours

Yeah, my main beef is the lack of perspective and empathy from the smaller genres. Lol,CS:GO,Dota,and etc are so big it's expected they will dismiss anything else. They also don't tend to coexist with one another.

So I guess my point is: if you don't like your competitive game getting constantly shit on by the big boys, don't do it to others?

But this is mostly from entitled stream monsters, so nothing you can really do.

and team stickbug. stream monsters and team stickbug.

Class was about how technology can influence society. The last few weeks discussed metagames and transferable skills through brain training.

The question was to discuss if game systems and mechanics can lead to something beyond video games and provide transferable skills. So I explained frame data in great detail and then discussed reactions and critical thinking for punishes. Also how learning complex combos could help with complex rhythms.

It was basically just me killing two hours

shouldve been like me and slept in the room during the final. good times

Top Bottom