• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | 4/20-26 | Beowulf Wrasslin', Mewtwo Smashin', Netkode Krashin

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
So we're allowed one?

come on man
s7mrP7O.png

Um you forgot someone

Oh right dadwicks is in!
you already in breh, no need to mention the obvious ;)

ft10 my dj when ultra comes out on PS4 dawg

idk if that would be fair, i have a hyperbolic time chamber in brooklyn while all you got is poutine.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
these canadians think they got what it takes to win when none of them can make it to top 8 in a US Tournament, little less win it

AsMEqDj.gif

yo don't bother bringing any money to vegas. We'll just win all of US Gaf's money on thursday and be set for the weekend

Yo Vulva it ain't gonna happen, gonna talk to DaFeetLee again so he can put you to shame right before I do
when I level up more lol ;_;

do you still use gief?

yeah, G I E F B O Y Z for days, no matter how much I wanna play Yun or Cammy, I wanna stick to my roots lol

Great posts Anne and Juicebox.

I'm definitely guilty of getting into a new game then going straight for the fancy and flashy combos while leaving my fundamentals in the dust.

It's unfortunate that the nearest scene is too far for me to comfortably travel to. I guess there's not much incentive to keep at something when you have no one to prop you up and compete with.

I suppose Japan's population is more concentrated so it makes it easier for players to gather at arcades.

I remember some streams where they had tons of players showing up for games that are practically dead in NA (as far as I know/have seen).

these canadians think they got what it takes to win when none of them can make it to top 8 in a US Tournament, little less win it

AsMEqDj.gif

Yo Vulva it ain't gonna happen, gonna talk to DaFeetLee again so he can put you to shame right before I do
when I level up more lol ;_;

yeah, G I E F B O Y Z for days, no matter how much I wanna play Yun or Cammy, I wanna stick to my roots lol

are you gonna be at Evo tho?

Wish I could help support US fight gaf. I've been fighting a lot of Xbox live chun lis so I think I'm ready for vulva..

u aint ready

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Exactly, luckily though I have Justin Wong to look up videos for with the Wolvie/Akuma shenanigans lol. I had Knives for Spencer/Akuma, although most of the stuff I do, I came up with on my own since no one played those two together. Wolverine and Spencer are kinda hard to work together if they are on their own so I switch the order and put Spencer on point and try to have a ghetto tatsu with wolvie's berserker barrage lol

Yo hook me up, I'll reach top 8 and make your money worth it.

Msg me next year noob. :p

You mean bottom 8!

Dude, if we can take bets...we could just set the bracket so he faces Wong first rd and the loser of PR Rog / FChamp in 2nd rd. We could totally make the money back. :)

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
are you gonna be at Evo tho?

I wish, its too expensive for a hobo like me at the moment, I tried getting a hook up but I don't what's happened to it, might ask
probably a no go ;_;
. Plus figuring out life as I go along ain't making it any easier lol

Msg me next year noob. :p

Dude, if we can take bets...we could just set the bracket so he faces Wong first rd and the loser of PR Rog / FChamp in 2nd rd. We could totally make the money back. :)

I hope you know that I'll save this as a bookmark so I can keep you to your word Cybit.

This is what I have to face? At least it ain't Chris G lol

ANY FUCKING AMOUNT! PREFERABLY IN A GIEF MIRROR! I GUARANTEE ONE ULTRA LANDED PER GAME!!!

lol

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I hope we can hold a USF4 PS4 tournament a couple months down the line after the game comes out. We haven't had an online tournament in life forever.

Clawww

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";161354563]They should just make a street fighter character that's basically The Fury from MGS3. Just some deranged dude in a cosmonaut suit.

With a space-themed moveset.

I don't know what that means.[/QUOTE]

S. Man

(Space Man)

jerry1594

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";161349874]Yessir, still the most exciting 2d fighting game of all time.

OF ALL TIME.[/QUOTE]
Sign me up
for like $5 worth
. Gamespot Versus streamed some last week and seeing a skilled Mariah in action made me want to play it again so badly

I hope we can hold a USF4 PS4 tournament a couple months down the line after the game comes out. We haven't had an online tournament in life forever.

I never did the AE 2012 tourney I planned on doing to give the winner(s) USF4 as the prize. I was kind of broke at the time so even a small amount wouldn't have been a good idea on my part. But I'm better now and I'm planning on doing a USF4 tourney for a copy of SFV next year. My idea though is to only open the tourney for PS4 and PC gamers. With the prize being SFV, obviously you kind of have to prove to me that you own a PS4 or have a PC capable of playing SFV. But I'd love to do that next year as long as I'm not in any financial trouble.

But anyways, it would be cool to do something in the near future. Maybe not a ranbat since people drop like flies, but a one day tourney every once in a while would be cool.

Sign me up
for like $5 worth
. Gamespot Versus streamed some last week and seeing a skilled Mariah in action made me want to play it again so badly

Mariah is so much fun. One of my favorites to play in Jojo's.

S. Man

(Space Man)

E.T. Gonzalez from Cuba

His moves include a crescent(moon) kick and the solar flare attack from DBZ. He wears scuba flippers and a tinfoil hat and all his win quotes reference plantanas or are butchered lines from The Day The Earth Stood Still.

Perfect Street Fighter V character.

jbug617

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";161362051]Whatever happened to that game show where Justin Wong crashed a car? Is that still running?[/QUOTE]

probably not. I remember watching it live on OG Team Spooky stream and he kept rewinding to that part.

Femto.

Copy pasta from the MK OT:

So I just played online for the first time tonight and I got 2 disconnects (w/heavy lag) out of the 6 matches I played.

Now it takes forever to connect online and I've been looking for an opponent for about 10 min now.

Is it me or is the net code for this game really that bad? Been practicing for days to only not be able to play online lol

Edit: I should mention that those 6 matches were against 2 players (3 matches each) and the connection would become craptastic on the third match. I want to say it might be on my end, playing on wifi, but I'm. It sure.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Copy pasta from the MK OT:

So I just played online for the first time tonight and I got 2 disconnects (w/heavy lag) out of the 6 matches I played.

Now it takes forever to connect online and I've been looking for an opponent for about 10 min now.

Is it me or is the net code for this game really that bad? Been practicing for days to only not be able to play online lol

Edit: I should mention that those 6 matches were against 2 players (3 matches each) and the connection would become craptastic on the third match. I want to say it might be on my end, playing on wifi, but I'm. It sure.

Aris said he was playing fine with someone for the last couple of days and then all of a sudden today it felt like underwater today.

Femto.

Aris said he was playing fine with someone for the last couple of days and then all of a sudden today it felt like underwater today.
After 20+ min I finally find a match and it's laggy as hell and disconnects within 30 secs of the first round.

I just want to playyyy

Top Bottom