• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | 4/20-26 | Beowulf Wrasslin', Mewtwo Smashin', Netkode Krashin

It's happened every year at EVO for SF4.

There's a rumor that Daigo is going to use Ryu again as a sub character. No idea if it's true or not.

Skab

Apparently there is another Street Fighter talk session on the Capcom TV stream tonight at 11:50PM Pacific. So maybe theres hope yet?

xCobalt

I love how the first thing Infiltration did with gouken was double sweep. Of course it works too. Best frame trap in the game!
Not really.

do we know the venue?

fake edit: mississauga? booooooooooooooo. bring it downtown again. it's not even in Toronto anymore technically. just rename is SaugaYuKen. fml. put it in Metro Convention Hall or something.
Ayyyyy lmao
Wait.... Toryuken or Canada Cup?
He was saying Toryuken on the stream

Enzo you coming out to Toryuken and support the community or you still gonna pretend to be a fan of fighting games b

HardRojo

Glad I didn't stay up for that "SFV segment" lol. I wanted to watch the asian (?) stream but then I noticed Zhi was on commentary so I just decided to sleep. Can't stand that guy, hopefully in the future we'll get the option to mute audio by channels so I can mute commentary without muting everything.

AAK

I've been to every Toryuken since 2012 and I've only met Vulva and Oneida. I'm the only brown 3D player there... I can't be that hard to miss you guys!

BTW, I need help from you 2D heads.... Is there any special way to cancel your normals into EX moves in MKX? I'm having such a hard time doing a normal into an EX move... I always get the regular.

For example, I just want to simply do d+1 into EX qcb+2 with Ferra/Torr Lackey variation. When do you input the block button? Is it in the middle of the qcb motion or do you press it with the 2? Maybe it's because there's something different in MKX's input system. If any of you guys can help out that'll be greatly appreciated.

Wallach

I've been to every Toryuken since 2012 and I've only met Vulva and Oneida. I'm the only brown 3D player there... I can't be that hard to miss you guys!

BTW, I need help from you 2D heads.... Is there any special way to cancel your normals into EX moves in MKX? I'm having such a hard time doing a normal into an EX move... I always get the regular.

For example, I just want to simply do d+1 into EX qcb+2 with Ferra/Torr Lackey variation. When do you input the block button? Is it in the middle of the qcb motion or do you press it with the 2? Maybe it's because there's something different in MKX's input system. If any of you guys can help out that'll be greatly appreciated.

For most moves, you can input the block alongside the button input (i.e. DB2+BL). Some special moves however have delayed meter burn properties; for example Quan Chi's Ground Burst or Shinnok's Hell Sparks need to be meter burned after the special has already come out (in Shinnok's case for example you can delay the meter burn so it occurs right after the first fireball or on the very last one). DB2 on Ferra/Torr looks like the toss, which I think is a delayed meter burn special (someone who actually plays Ferra/Torr could probably say for sure).

The input window for multi button combinations (Throw, EX, etc) seems really small in MKX, especially if you modify your control options (easy inputs off).

One thing I heard from Aris that seems to work for me is that when doing an EX move, if you are off on the timing and press the buttons one after the other instead of together on the same frame, Attack > Block doesn't get you EX, but Block > Attack does.

So doing qcb, 2, blk really quickly adds more leniency than trying to hit 2+blk and have it register.

AAK

For most moves, you can input the block alongside the button input (i.e. DB2+BL). Some special moves however have delayed meter burn properties; for example Quan Chi's Ground Burst or Shinnok's Hell Sparks need to be meter burned after the special has already come out (in Shinnok's case for example you can delay the meter burn so it occurs right after the first fireball or on the very last one). DB2 on Ferra/Torr looks like the toss, which I think is a delayed meter burn special (someone who actually plays Ferra/Torr could probably say for sure).

The input window for multi button combinations (Throw, EX, etc) seems really small in MKX, especially if you modify your control options (easy inputs off).

One thing I heard from Aris that seems to work for me is that when doing an EX move, if you are off on the timing and press the buttons one after the other instead of together on the same frame, Attack > Block doesn't get you EX, but Block > Attack does.

So doing qcb, 2, blk really quickly adds more leniency than trying to hit 2+blk and have it register.

Yeah, I realize I have been doing it the Aris way all this time by doing BLK~Move to get my EX moves.

But after listening to everyone's input and trying my hardest to match the BLK and 2 buttons together in the input command of the game it's coming out more frequently. I think for chaining the EX move after the normal I can't do it the Aris way with pressing L1 before the button. I HAVE to press the block and 2 button at the exact time together.

Thanks for the help. Does wonders to get a second opinion.

Devid905

Apparently there is another Street Fighter talk session on the Capcom TV stream tonight at 11:50PM Pacific. So maybe theres hope yet?
Keep in mind that they'll continue to do this silly Omega challenge with the SF4 producers, just like they did last night. -__-

I initially tried to hit both at the same time but I could never get it right. I have to do qcb>blk>2. Just barely timing the blk before the 2. Works 100% for me using this way.

Speaking of MKX, I think I'm done with it. Hate the buffering system and just the gameplay all around.

phaonaut

Sat schedule
3GZfXkr.png

Top Bottom