• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | 4/20-26 | Beowulf Wrasslin', Mewtwo Smashin', Netkode Krashin

wat

y5Vn0L.gif

Yeah, Yun and Yang are both annoying as shit for Guy; moreso than Rufus for me..

However, a good Guy player knows he has no reliable anti-air and will either go for air-to-air predicted jump back HK, neutral jumps, or can be patient enough to weather out the storm and block.

...Guy also comes with the responsibility of being wiling to bet ex-kyakus occasionally in order to not get a train run on you all the time. Sometimes it's necessary to bet it with Guy (I think Rock is our "just do it" Guy?).

profound sadness mesmerham.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";160945111]wat

y5Vn0L.gif
[/QUOTE]

how fitting.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";160945729]And here I thought U2 was free focus punishes :-(

It does have full lower body invulnerability!

And no lower body hitbox :-([/QUOTE]

I could be remembering it wrong, but I don't even think Ken's U2 breaks focus lol. I think Gouken can counter it.

sosage

i just want to see makoto in top 8 again.

Makoto was what made IV fun for me and I had to eventually quit playing at the tail end of AE. Every match with a moderate tournament player was like a gawd damned mental marathon. I want to believe what you want is doable, it's just...look...it sounds like a lot of fucking work man. That's all.

mbpm1

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";160945111]wat

[/QUOTE]
I tried to U2 Giefs lariat on reaction one time. Got a similar result lol

I'm just saying.........Elena's been put on the main stage recently and looked dominant.

Perhaps....TOO....dominant?
people don't realize that all of her attacks are negative on block. She does counter some top characters while getting bopped by others.
It's happening
stop it
Give T.Hawk back his amazing LK Spire
They finally gave T. Hawk a brain and you want him to give it back?
I dislike that everyone has a pocket E. Ryu. Nerf his HP to 800.
I stand by this statement.
Give Oni something, the world needs more Oni players.
NO
Can Capcom give Ibuki players something?
NOO
Give Honda
NOOO!
they should buff makoto so haitani has a shot of winning capcom cup with her.
NOOOOO!!

vulva

Not nerves, just an accident in general. Why be nervous over a free online tournament?

Soulsynapse: thanks for doing this! I wish my connection was working at the start so I wouldn't have to go all the way from loser's first round haha. That was fun though, nice way to chill after an exam.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";160947544]Are two-button dashes necessary in a game without cancelable dashes? Especially since that's an overlapping input with ex moves.[/QUOTE]
It is just faster and easier. Double tapping takes too long and slows a game down. One input vs. Two.

vulva

It is just faster and easier. Double tapping takes too long and slows a game down. One input vs. Two.

As a charge character player who massive would benefit from a two button dash, I'm against this. I think it would make charge characters too good in a lot of ways and could lead to them suffering in other areas as a means of balance.

Make dash 3 buttons and remove the ability to ex with all 3 buttons.
That would lead to bad input readings.

Just assign dashes to HP+HK since it isn't being used (right?).

Or put EX on MP+HP, and dash on LP+MP.

Double tapping doesn't take too long, what in the world are you talking about
Way longer than pushing a button.

As a charge character player who massive would benefit from a two button dash, I'm against this. I think it would make charge characters too good in a lot of ways and could lead to them suffering in other areas as a means of balance.
Blanka can already dash and retain charge. :p

They could specifically program it so that dash = charge lost. Which would make sense, since you aren't readying the move.

soulsynapse

Neo Member
No problem! We're looking for stuff to cross promote for when we're sitting in lobby doin nothin too so if you guys have events send a dm with whatever res images you've got and i'll get it to joe (our streamer)

vulva

That would lead to bad input readings.

Just assign dashes to HP+HK since it isn't being used (right?).

Or put EX on MP+HP, and dash on LP+MP.

I hate that idea. Balrog's TAP, for example, would be useless since you couldn't dash forward while charging it. If you changed the input to being just 2 punch or kick buttons then it takes away part of the design that limits your options as you're charging as a trade off for having a more mobile dash punch

I hate that idea. Balrog's TAP, for example, would be useless since you couldn't dash forward while charging it. If you changed the input to being just 2 punch or kick buttons then it takes away part of the design that limits your options as you're charging as a trade off for having a more mobile dash punch
I am sure there is some way to keep charge characters as they are while making dashes easier. Something this basic can't be without a solution. I honestly don't get your post, though.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
That BakedYams one.

Depends on what it is.

Did you want that title? I'll put in the request.

Was thinking about some of the folks coming. Also, I'd love that as my title. :D

Well, we know who's winning Marvel teams. ResidentSleeper

We also know who is very likely winning another one of those tournaments. :D

is this steam usf4?

were you the one that came down to a badc in cinci a while back?

Alas, no, haven't been to Cincy since college (so 2003).

vulva

I am sure there is some way to keep charge characters as they are while making dashes easier. Something this basic can't be without a solution. I honestly don't get your post, though.

TAP is holding all 3 punches or all 3 kicks. It's designed with all 3 of either punch or kick buttons in mind to limit his abilities while charging since the pay off, mobility and utility of the TAP is so high.

If you made HK+HP the dash input, part of the gained mobility associated with TAP is lost, since you wouldn't be able to take advantage of the button dash and charge TAP.

If you made it so that TAP was just 2Ps or 2Ks then suddenly the charge is less restricted which could lead to it being too strong or would have to be nerfed in some fashion which could lead to it losing its appeal/strength.

Was thinking about some of the folks coming. Also, I'd love that as my title. :D

We also know who is very likely winning another one of those tournaments. :D

Alas, no, haven't been to Cincy since college (so 2003).

ah mistook you for someone else. The guy that came down helps run the anime streams at nwm. Thought it was you

Stop trying to make Street Fighter worse like Marvel!
Dashing is easy in Smash, too. Push forward. It is great game design. There is no reason to resort to double tap inputs.

Blanka sucks for real though- needs something.
Chip damage on normals in SFV might be all he needs.

Blanka Balls should be safe. Always.

He might not even be in SFV. :p I think they might go for more extreme designs like zombie Charlie, which still looks stupid.

TAP is holding all 3 punches or all 3 kicks. It's designed with all 3 of either punch or kick buttons in mind to limit his abilities while charging since the pay off, mobility and utility of the TAP is so high.

If you made HK+HP the dash input, part of the gained mobility associated with TAP is lost, since you wouldn't be able to take advantage of the button dash and charge TAP.

If you made it so that TAP was just 2Ps or 2Ks then suddenly the charge is less restricted which could lead to it being too strong or would have to be nerfed in some fashion which could lead to it losing its appeal/strength.
Solution: don't put Balrog in SFV. :p

Why do you want to hold all three punch or kick buttons?

Plus HP+HK is Taunt, and I'll be damned if that's going away.
Map it to down+HP+HK.

Top Bottom