• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | 4/20-26 | Beowulf Wrasslin', Mewtwo Smashin', Netkode Krashin

24/7 SF next week

iCP7KBRam8pRs.gif

sikvod00

Banned
I actually wouldn't be surprised if Louffy won either. It was more towards the comment that people just don't know some players since they only keep up with the foreigners that travel.
I'm actually more annoyed by the sentiment that unknown Japanese players are automatically better than seasoned, well-traveled non-Japanese players who actually compete in majors.

Not implying this is how you feel, but there are definitely people who hold that view. It's one of the many reasons I stopped reading anything on EH.

Edit: KidA, I also agree with your gif that SF fans\players are the spoiled, fat rich kids of the FGC. :3

Sup guys. /r/StreetFighter tournament in a few hours, we had a 59 person turnout last week if you want to join.

http://redd.it/33adpj

We're also going to be covering NWM7 this weekend with the same tournament coverage we had at NCR, hopefully with a few mentions on stream.

is this steam usf4?

Shouta, am I allowed to start spoiling NWM tidbits yet here or no? :D

Also, I never did get my title of FGC waterboy after last year's NWM. :D

were you the one that came down to a badc in cinci a while back?

Git gud heheheh #gotem

Really though you just gotta get in and stay in on Mai. Stand your ground in the neutral. Don't jump midscreen unless it's on reaction to a fan or you're close enough that her grounded normals can't threaten you. If you score a knockdown there's nothing she can do on wakeup without 2+ bars and even then she has nothing to threaten the space directly above her except for neomax. Keep airthrow in mind but understand that it's a pretty risky guess if she has to do it defensively.

Basically your #1 goal against Mai should be to corner her. Once she's there, don't let her out without forcing her to use meter. Practice whatever frame traps you've got 'cause her only meterless options to escape are pressing buttons or jumping/rolling out.

wtf, thulius you're on gaf. unless this a different thulius than who I know

soulsynapse

Neo Member
I'd enter but I won't be home til like 10est. Im about to watch a movie in a theatre so I won't be able to check back in until after it ends. If there's room, can you enter me?
Edit: signed up. Gonna be rushing home after this movie haha

We switch between EST and PST every week. Scheduling is a pain because east coast people have jobs and they need sleep but west coast people won't be off work at 7pm EST.

is this steam usf4?

Yup!

rocK`

Banned
Nemo and Smug are two guys I'd sponsor in a heart beat. maybe I should get in the game.

there's like no ROI, though.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
"ray looking sharper than ever"
> tune in
rayray is playing zero dante doom

why you do this to me

lol, you should have tuned in earlier, now its just him and prodigy dicking around with god knows what (maybe C) teams. his sentinel play is on point, dude applies pressure like a gundam.

He's practicing a Zero team for matchups. For Morrigan mainly, I think.

I honestly think he should have just went with an alternate of his team with Nova, Doom, Sentinel since Nova seems to do pretty well against Morrigan from what I remember. Moonz would always pressure Chris G pretty damn well and kill of Morrigan, his Zero is sloppy and probably won't be any good against Chris if he faces him or that new Morrigan player.

Zissou

Ray's main team is pretty bad against Morridoom, so it makes sense to have a counterpick. He might be better off with mag/zero/doom or something though- would only have to pick up one new character that way.

When is that conference that has the SF5 news happening? Is that this week?

The God Squad.

The 25th is the SF Series Challenge at Choukaigi

12:20 AM pacific 3:20 am eastern

11:50 pm pacific 2:50 am eastern

Choukaigi itself starts at 6:00 pm pacific 9:pm eastern on the 24th and 25th. Maybe SF5 info is released before the SF Series stream. We don't know yet.

Top Bottom