• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | 4/20-26 | Beowulf Wrasslin', Mewtwo Smashin', Netkode Krashin

Ken needs a dive kick

jY0P8v81u8l5U_e.jpg

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
If any UMVC3 Player is interested, here is a FT5 set with an amazing Nemesis player, using Nemesis/Rocket Raccoon/Doom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGTtAxnQ_eo

Will watch, I believe Nemesis is one of those characters if paired with the right team, like how KBR has Hulk sent up, he can pretty much murder the entire cast in terms of damage.

Via Gamerbee.

Who is getting nerfed fellas?

Gief is gonna get another unnecessary nerf. E. Ryu is gonna get nerfed. Elena is gonna get nerfed. Ryu will get buffed. Gen will get nerfed. Dhalsim will get nerfed cause of Arturo lol

Ken needs a dive kick

He practically had a dive kick in the first version of USF4. His first EX tatsu in USF4 went straight down, so it did the opposite of the current EX tatsu. Basically you fool your opponent into thinking you're going to cross up, but instead the EX tatsu keeps you in front of your opponent.

Oh and Evil Ryu doesn't do enough damage, give him more damage. And please, make LK axe kick safer on block, please.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm actually more annoyed by the sentiment that unknown Japanese players are automatically better than seasoned, well-traveled non-Japanese players who actually compete in majors.

Not implying this is how you feel, but there are definitely people who hold that view. It's one of the many reasons I stopped reading anything on EH.

Edit: KidA, I also agree with your gif that SF fans\players are the spoiled, fat rich kids of the FGC. :3

No, I totally get what you mean. It's like when I see people assume that all the match videos in a-cho vids are all top 8 quality players. Most of the a-cho vids are just recordings on a day instead of actual tourneys, so you get a lot of randoms play. I've seen a lot of videos on a-cho where it'll look like random netplay.

soulsynapse

Neo Member
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";160941160]Of course he is. GAF ain't gonna lose so easily.[/QUOTE]

I offered to FT5 him after the tourney too :) should be fun

I'm too busy TOing for these to join before all the bye slots are filled which sucks lol

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";160941160]Of course he is. GAF ain't gonna lose so easily.[/QUOTE]

He's one of the only good SF players on GAF for crying out loud, right next to Riceata, that comment regularly. I think Blackule is up their but he's posting too many emojis to even climb the ranks.

hitsugi

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";160940854]
Cant you do like instant izuna or something?[/QUOTE]

You can do that and get counter-hit or hit in the face on the way up, yes.

Guy's options (well, most of them) are:

c.MP if you feel like trading at a loss most of the time (c.MP was an actual good anti-air and we got spoiled by having 1 thing that consistently worked with Guy so they removed it)
far HK is ok if you're fast
close HP if they try to cross you up with horrible timing (like Seth's)
whiff under them with c.MK
dash under
block
EX-izuna or kyaku if you really feel like it.

You can do that and get counter-hit or hit in the face on the way up, yes.

Guy's options (well, most of them) are:

c.MP if you feel like trading at a loss most of the time (c.MP was an actual good anti-air and we got spoiled by having 1 thing that consistently worked with Guy so they removed it)
far HK is ok if you're fast
close HP if they try to cross you up with horrible timing (like Seth's)
whiff under them with c.MK
dash under
block
EX-izuna or kyaku if you really feel like it.
So basically counterpick guy with yun?

hitsugi

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";160943872]So basically counterpick guy with yun?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Yun and Yang are both annoying as shit for Guy; moreso than Rufus for me..

However, a good Guy player knows he has no reliable anti-air and will either go for air-to-air predicted jump back HK, neutral jumps, or can be patient enough to weather out the storm and block.

...Guy also comes with the responsibility of being wiling to bet ex-kyakus occasionally in order to not get a train run on you all the time. Sometimes it's necessary to bet it with Guy (I think Rock is our "just do it" Guy?).

Top Bottom