• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 15-21 | That's 102%, Welcome to DCU

vocab

Only system changes id like to see outside of tac is remove chip damage completely, or scale it back significantly (especially xfactor chip damage).

Dahbomb

I am not fully behind system changes to damage. Would fuck over a lot of characters especially those who have bad mix ups.

Dahbomb

- Attempting to break a TAC should cost 1 meter
- Assists can be called after a TAC
- Flight mode does not wear off during a TAC
That's not exactly what is suggested.

*TAC infinites removed.

*TAC resets hit stun to 0 then builds back up normally.

*TAC easier to break based on colors (like throws in Tekken as Magus put it).

- Attempting to break a TAC should cost 1 meter
- Assists can be called after a TAC
- Flight mode does not wear off during a TAC
That is a good joke sir.

*TAC infinites removed.

I'm not for that third change. TACs will either be too easy to break (and thus useless) or too hard to break (and thus still OP).

Dahbomb

That is a good joke sir.

I'm not for that third change. TACs will either be too easy to break (and thus useless) or too hard to break (and thus still OP).
If they do it like Tekken it will be fine as suggested by Magus.

Aren't those characters usually strong zoners though?
There are characters like Storm who suck at zoning and do low damage/meter gain and others like Tron/She Hulk who have a hard time getting in and opening people up.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

*TAC infinites removed.

Why would you have hit-stun reset anyways? That's an incredibly stupid suggestion. The last thing Marvel needs is more hitstun/scaling reset nonsense, this will just elongate combos even further and allow more meter gain for more ToDs.

Hitstun should continue as it has been building up as before.

Dahbomb

Why would you have hit-stun reset anyways? That's an incredibly stupid suggestion. The last thing Marvel needs is more hitstun/scaling reset nonsense, this will just elongate combos even further and allow more meter gain for more ToDs.

Hitstun should continue as it has been building up as before.
Because you would not be able to hit after a TAC at all.

You are not going to get long combos after a TAC if hit stun continues at normal after the TAC. The damage is already scaled.

If they actually are changing the overall damage and TACs easier to react to... no one would actually go for TACs over real resets which is what this game should be to begin with. Why go for a TAC which scales damage and most characters don't get good combos off of it when you can go for a legit reset and do full damage? This is Marvel... not a fucking QTE fest.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Because you would not be able to hit after a TAC at all.

You are not going to get long combos after a TAC if hit stun continues at normal after the TAC. The damage is already scaled.
Why wouldn't you unless you explicitly try to TAC after a 154 hit combo, at which point it makes no sense?

TACs were meant to be alternative ways to tag in first and foremost, and then they added this meter stuff to spice it up. That solution is incredibly dumb, especially in favour of hitstun continuing as it already is and you forcing to build that into your combo. You're basically trading TAC infinites which build you stupid meter for a reset that builds you less meter and can allow people to land and go back up for TACs in an infinite loop much easier than you currently can. Any changes to TACs should remove the stupid meter gain that makes them terrible in the first place.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Only system changes id like to see outside of tac is remove chip damage completely, or scale it back significantly (especially xfactor chip damage).

iw2zzMJ7A4Foy.gif

WHAT??

Dahbomb

Why wouldn't you unless you explicitly try to TAC after a 154 hit combo, at which point it makes no sense?
I don't understand what you are saying here.

In this new system, someone like Doom would get like one rep of flight combo and then he has to drop them to the ground to do anything. I still don't understand how you don't comprehend that going for a reset is VASTLY superior to going for TAC under these new changes. Most characters who have TAC combos do so because the hit stun STAYS at 0 until you touch the ground, they won't be able to do much of anything with it aside from completing their MMHS combo. Some characters will still have a slight advantage (like IM, Mag, Doom) but it's not going to be so huge as it is now.

Azure J

Seriously, the superior option is already there and works in practice. TACs should revert to Air Tag rules from Tatsunoko.

- One meter to tag in next character on a per character basis (same command and properties on the tag hit [wall bounce, ground bounce, lifted higher in the air])
- Opponent being combo'd can call in their next character to break the tag neutrally
- Combo hitstun proration continues to build thus the most you get TAC combo wise is enough for positioning or just the hard knockdown, no more swag combos and thus no nutty things like state/hit detection cheating with flight on landing.

Other things:

- No assists on tech rolling
- If a point character is tagged on the startup of an assist call (i.e. before they land on the ground for their assist), the assist leaves unharmed without performing their assist (?)
- Throw/Air Throw techs have a wider break away animation. SF4 distance would be good.

Dahbomb

Oh man changes to throws. This isn't going to go over well.

*No more diagonals for option selecting throws. Only f+H and b+H for throws.
*Tech window increased to 10 frame up from 7 frame.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't understand what you are saying here.

In this new system, someone like Doom would get like one rep of flight combo and then he has to drop them to the ground to do anything. I still don't understand how you don't comprehend that going for a reset is VASTLY superior to going for TAC.
Why wouldn't you be able to combo after a TAC? Histun isn't that dramatic, and if so I'm not sure why the player deserves a hitstun reset that allows for another BnB for them to build the meter they just built once over more with ANOTHER chance to TAC again afterwards. Especially after doing a long combo already.

Combo > TAC > Relaunch Combo > TAC and repeat is possible infinitely with those changes, which is dumb.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire

TACs were meant to be alternative ways to tag in first and foremost, and then they added this meter stuff to spice it up. That solution is incredibly dumb, especially in favour of hitstun continuing as it already is and you forcing to build that into your combo. You're basically trading TAC infinites which build you stupid meter for a reset that builds you less meter and can allow people to land and go back up for TACs in an infinite loop much easier than you currently can. Any changes to TACs should remove the stupid meter gain that makes them terrible in the first place.

number of hits has NOTHING to do with it.

TAC stands for TEAM AIR COMBO. You need to be able to extend your combo and squeeze extra damage.

im for that FGTV change.

Oh man changes to throws. This isn't going to go over well.

*No more diagonals for option selecting throws. Only f+H and b+H for throws.
*Tech window increased to 10 frame up from 7 frame.
Good second change, bad first change.

Akuma 2013 Changes!

I haven't even looked yet!
Posted yesterday.

Isn't Chris G like 20? Kinda par for the course for 20 year olds.
He looks almost 30. I tried to search "ChrisG age" to find out, but I didn't get what I expected. ;-)

Dahbomb

Why wouldn't you be able to combo after a TAC? Histun isn't that dramatic, and if so I'm not sure why the player deserves a hitstun reset that allows for another BnB for them to build the meter they just built once over more with ANOTHER chance to TAC again afterwards. Especially after doing a long combo already.

Combo > TAC > Relaunch Combo > TAC and repeat is possible infinitely with those changes, which is dumb.
You forgot the change that makes it harder to hit TACs. It's easier to react to TACs.

And like I said, resets are still a superior option because you actually get full combos that do full damage. This new change gives TACs half assed combos for considerably scaled damage... off of TACs which are easier to react.

Additional change:

*Unlimited amount of TAC break attempts ie. this is to cancel out TAC glitch set ups like when Zero does this nonsense.

Azure J

Holy fuck @ that no chip damage request.. Marvel would be the funniest fucking video game in the history of video games.

Top Bottom