• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 15-21 | That's 102%, Welcome to DCU

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You forgot the change that makes it harder to hit TACs. It's easier to react to TACs.

And like I said, resets are still a superior option because you actually get full combos that do full damage. This new change gives TACs half assed combos for considerably scaled damage... off of TACs which are easier to react.

Additional change:

*Unlimited amount of TAC break attempts ie. this is to cancel out TAC glitch set ups like when Zero does this nonsense.
Yes, resets are a better option, but you're not trying to nerf TACs by making the entire mechanic pointless and make everyone use resets instead. That isn't balance, and balance is hard to hinge on how reactable a TAC is unless you've got some millisecond numbers to throw out that are tried and true. As an additional option that you still want to make viable, the TAC changes do not solve one of the biggest issues of the current TACs and introduce a new one.

I do agree they need to be actually reactable, but that doesn't really solve the rest of the issues immediately when you do get a successful TAC.

I'm kinda with Magus, I like the speed over the damage re: X-Factor.
Yeah, ideally it's more of a roman cancel + custom combo kind of thing than a straight damage thing, but I personally think the damage bonuses are fine. Maybe slightly reduced (I'm with the 15-20% reduction), but when you do that you have to take into account individual bonuses characters get.

Dahbomb

Yes, resets are a better option, but you're not trying to nerf TACs by making the entire mechanic pointless and make everyone use resets instead. That isn't balance, and balance is hard to hinge on how reactable a TAC is unless you've got some millisecond numbers to throw out that are tried and true. As an additional option that you still want to make viable, the TAC changes do not solve one of the biggest issues of the current TACs and introduce a new one.
Jesus christ man... the changes don't introduce any new problem. Plus TACs are still useful for a hail mary tag out option if you need it and is usually a safer option than a reset (you might get happy birthday'd from a reset).

Shouta

Holy fuck @ that no chip damage request.. Marvel would be the funniest fucking video game in the history of video games.

You mean it isn't already? Serious talk, UMVC3 already has so many cross/mix-ups and ways to bork open folks along with the damage that if you did no chip, it'd probably not big that big of a change. I actually like the no death on chip thing from P4A (I think it had it right?).

At least, if the game renamed the same as it is right now. If they did other changes, then it'd be just fucked up, lol.

only thing i think they need to change is giving a full punish when breaking TACs. I want them to keep the infinites.

Oh, and of course tweaks to any character that can get a one touch kill... zero, vergil etc.

Dahbomb

I don't know why they aren't addressing the utility hyper + X factor stacking issue. I mean they did address it for a bit but they didn't come up with a suggested change for it. I mean clearly they recognize that Vergil getting 200% damage boost with both those buffs is a huge problem.

Magus continuously dropping brain cells... "please no more brain dead invincible alpha counters" lololol

vocab

Hey if you like dying 100% from chip damage then by all means leave that shit in. I said either or. It's Marvel fuck balance.

Holy fuck @ that no chip damage request.. Marvel would be the funniest fucking video game in the history of video games.

It already is the funniest fucking game. You can 100% kill someone in like 3-6 hits in lvl 3 xfactor.

What? You know that this is a fighting game right?

You know theres games with no chip damage, and significant low chip damage right?

Azure J

Can Champ balance Strider legit? PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS

I'll take the Vajra nerf if I get 850K Strider with 10% scaling. BEST CHARACTER. FREE.

Dahbomb

Hey if you like dying 100% from chip damage then by all means leave that shit in. I said either or. It's Marvel fuck balance.
That's a problem with specific characters like MorriDoom not the overall game.

Man that Vajra nerf is brutal but I like it. Add more recovery after block so it's easier to punish him but it's the same overall.

I like the changes to Strider, make him a more point-centric character over XF3 derp anchor.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jesus christ man... the changes don't introduce any new problem. Plus TACs are still useful for a hail mary tag out option if you need it and is usually a safer option than a reset (you might get happy birthday'd from a reset).
Successful TAC allows you to get a free extra combo which you can then use to set up another TAC into a potential infinite loop. This is a problem any way you look at it for promoting the overlow of meter in the economy and having a potential infinite consisting of a series of semi-reactable rock, paper, scissors. Okay maybe not entirely new but it's easier because of reset hitstun than the current TACs, and it's still an unresolved issue from the changes.

I'm saying get rid of this. Maybe compensate for scaling by increasing up TACs damage bonus, but otherwise all it does is promote the same excessive meter gain even AFTER you've reaped the rewards of the TAC itself. You should get a tag with a chance to complete whatever combo you have or TAC for a final time and that's it. That and limit the number of TACs per combo to 2.

Dahbomb

what

I'm so glad I'm not watching this, and instead just living vicariously through the thread.
Don't worry I am filtering out the random knee jerk suggestions.

Strider's Vajra should cause a STAGGER!

Everyone else = LOLOLOLOLOL
You should get a tag with a chance to complete whatever combo you have or TAC for a final time and that's it. That and limit the number of TACs per combo to 2
Oh you are asking for a limit on TAC exchanges. That's fine, I am cool with it.

most of these changes sound retarded. make TACs fully punishable. tweak zero, vergil etc so they can't get one touch kills. tweak meter gain during morrigan's super so she can't chip to death as easily. that's it.

If they mess with the game too much it won't end well. everyone crying for changes will just bitch and not want to play the game anymore... when they get what they asked for.

Azure J

F.Champ's face of shock and awe when he saw Legion (aka worst Lvl. 1) after air combo...

ibppfeZg9Qg5wP.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Perhaps Strider SHOULDN'T be designed to just be an XF3/anchor character if that's the implication here..

Dahbomb

Wow that Vajra change is great. That's more like it.

BOO DON'T TAKE IT BACK!!!!!! Fucking Magus has to ruin the fun for all.

Azure J

I don't like these designations that characters HAVE to fit a mold between point/assist/anchor. Why not just make them good characters?

On another note, what's the best way to send suggestions since I know the Hsien-Ko portion could use it.

Edit: Dah, what was the Vajra change?

Dahbomb

I don't like these designations that characters HAVE to fit a mold between point/assist/anchor. Why not just make them good characters?

On another note, what's the best way to send suggestions since I know the Hsien-Ko portion could use it.
Either Twitter or Stream monster it up.

You mean it isn't already? Serious talk, UMVC3 already has so many cross/mix-ups and ways to bork open folks along with the damage that if you did no chip, it'd probably not big that big of a change. I actually like the no death on chip thing from P4A (I think it had it right?).

At least, if the game renamed the same as it is right now. If they did other changes, then it'd be just fucked up, lol.
The big problem I can see coming with "no chip damage deaths" is that character could raw tag out for free, and characters like Hawkeye, Morrigan, and Arthur would be mega ass as anchors. It would take a huge amount of rebalancing to make that rule okay.

This is exactly it. If I cared enough to argue with FGTV, I would spend all of my time arguing for 3 good assists per character. Every character has it in them!

Dahbomb

They had like 5 different Vajra changes before now I forgot what they had.

I think they settled for more start up on the assist so it's easier to scout when he is coming out. They basically just buffed his normal scaling damage and Legion hyper.. said he is fine as is mostly.

Dahbomb

Man Champ letting his bias getting to his judgment. There is no fucking way he should be getting a hard knockdown after his 3 teleports.

The assist change is what everyone wanted so that's good.

Getting rid of quick work assist for a beam SMH
That's not the change, they are changing UP guns for straight guns. Everyone who plays DP wants this change.

Sounds like the stream needs some Z balancing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That's not the change, they are changing UP guns for straight guns. Everyone who plays DP wants this change.
This I am okay with. I thought Magus just said they were replacing that assist for another guns assist.

EDIT: HSIEN-KO IS UP

Dahbomb

Deadpool desperately needs the teleport hardknockdown removed and his LVL3 either a LVL1 or buffed or something. You give him this he becomes totally legit but I guess the assist change is enough to put him on way more teams.

Hsien Ko changes up next.

Deadpool desperately needs the teleport hardknockdown removed and his LVL3 either a LVL1 or buffed or something. You give him this he becomes totally legit but I guess the assist change is enough to put him on way more teams.
I'd like for it to be a level 1, personally.

Azure J

Sounds like the stream needs some Z balancing.

Gotta admit, minion-ness aside, I really really prefer Mike Z's approach to characters just from a "reading on paper" standpoint. (Then again, I did kneejerk 'nope' when I first heard of the headless Ms. Fortune air dash nerf).

OMG they got one of her buffs right!

I hate watching this.

Fuck Capcom and all the clueless people

COME AT ME, MR.PUPPY! BibleThump
Gotta admit, minion-ness aside, I really really prefer Mike Z's approach to characters just from a "reading on paper" standpoint. (Then again, I did kneejerk 'nope' when I first heard of the headless Ms. Fortune air dash nerf).

OMG they got one of her buffs right!
Mike gave her extra damage on useful normals and changed up her light punch DP to be a bit more useful. Also, he is reducing the chances of her head getting knocked off and he made the head recall like 2x faster. At least it's not like Capcom where they take away good shit and give you fucking new items for a toss. /salt

Hsien Ko changes up next.

Get rid of the malfunction altogether. DIO BRANDO RETURNS

Azure J

Mike gave her extra damage on useful normals and changed up her light punch DP to be a bit more useful. Also, he is reducing the chances of her head getting knocked off and he made the head recall like 2x faster. At least it's not like Capcom where they take away good shit and give you fucking new items for a toss. /salt

Yeah, I sat down and digested the change and realized it was really really good, especially if you think of Fortune as a stance type character.

Top Bottom