• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 15-21 | That's 102%, Welcome to DCU

Ranked mode is nothing but counter-picks of your main character used in the stats screen. Fuck this shit and fuck achievements being tied to it. Fuck you Capcom, Tecmo, Namco, Arc, et. al that does this.

I just want to play Player Matches where people aren't dicks. But nooooooo.

that yukiko counter pick

Dahbomb

Marvel balance change discussion in an hour at FGTV.. My dick is rock hard right now.

FChamp: "Magus will be here in an hour..."

FFFFFFUUUUUU....

There are good safeguards against pot-splitting and FGC organizers are consistently terrible at implementing them.

Nothing is foolproof, but allowing a random select grand final on your livestream is insane. I would have booted both players off immediately.

Dahbomb

Magus confirmed to be a boner killer.
ShadyK and FChamp generally make legitimate suggestions although FChamp has slight bias towards his own characters. Magus comes in and makes some genuinely retarded suggestions and somehow manages to convince the other two.

Is there something bad about Magus getting involved in the discussion?
Magus somehow convinced Champ and ShadyK that Sentinel needed more nerfs.

BTW they were discussing some random Strider and Morrigan changes. It was just brainstorm but the following was mentioned:

Strider: Damaging scaling way too low but speed bonus in XF too high. Buff damage scaling, trade speed for damage in XF which would allow Strider to be a better point character. I agree with both changes although they didn't talk about Vajra, I feel the assist needs changes.

Morrigan: Champ says she should be 850k, no meter build on AV, reduced chip from the AV SF barrage and no more 80% fireball juggles. ShadyK said keep health as is but not allow block damage on clone fireballs. ShadyK says that nerfing missiles would also nerf her so you can't go that hard on her.

Azure J

Vajra just needs to do soft knockdown at worst. Or if they feel like being nice, the hard knock down window for OTG gets shortened by a lot.

Dahbomb

Vajra just needs to do soft knockdown at worst. Or if they feel like being nice, the hard knock down window for OTG gets shortened by a lot.
I just think it needs worse tracking or some other trade off to using it. Reduced OTG time is good though.

ShadyK and FChamp generally make legitimate suggestions although FChamp has slight bias towards his own characters. Magus comes in and makes some genuinely retarded suggestions and somehow manages to convince the other two.

Magus somehow convinced Champ and ShadyK that Sentinel needed more nerfs.
I see your point. FChamp sounds totally unbiased about Morrigan btw. :p

SmokeMaxX

There are good safeguards against pot-splitting and FGC organizers are consistently terrible at implementing them.

Nothing is foolproof, but allowing a random select grand final on your livestream is insane. I would have booted both players off immediately.

Meh. I'm the type of player that values having fun and playing vs. playing boring and winning. If I ever got to Grand Finals at a Major, I'd like the right to pick random select- just to have a good time.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire

if its gonna be a soft knockdown, then it should also be a low ground bounce. Makes no sense for a move that moves downwards to have no confirmable properties.

Azure J

I just think it needs worse tracking or some other trade off to using it. Reduced OTG time is good though.

Nerfed tracking is cool too. I do agree though that the "collect free combo" aspect should get tuned down but I'm liking the soft knockdown/reduced OTG time myself. Maybe pickups from Vajra have higher (not stupid high) HSD so you can't get everything from one confirm?

Azure J

if its gonna be a soft knockdown, then it should also be a low ground bounce. Makes no sense for a move that moves downwards to have no confirmable properties.

Pretty much why I can't agree with it being SKD, but can't think of a way to nerf it beyond OTG window shenanigans. I use the assist and the SKD nerf would change a lot about my team (Viper/Dante/Strider).

Ground bounce is a big no though.

Horseress

This patch discussion is kinda fun, but it kills me a little bit every time I remember we'll probably never have one... #profoundsadness

Dahbomb

You don't need to over nerf it by making it soft KD. Strider already dies instantly if he's caught as an assist, the assist has to be good to warrant the risk/reward ratio.

Beckx

Keits & Iron Galaxy streaming in 30 minutes with a reveal of a new Divekick character. Twitch.tv/irongalaxy

Meanwhile, in Injustice land, the great news about the first DLC character (it's great because I like it) is tempered by the reveal of the utterly awful story premise.

Meanwhile, in Injustice land, the great news about the first DLC character (it's great because I like it) is tempered by the reveal of the utterly awful story premise.

nvm looked up that they WERE gonna announce it but delayed it

I'm honestly surprised they were gonna announce it so early. The game only just came out, and they already want to announce who you can buy after paying full price

eh, but good on them for their reason.

brettreyu

Here's the thing, it should always matter. It's the lack of respect for all the folks that put their time and effort into these events so folks can have fun and play games. It's the lack of respect for the folks that allow them to live this lifestyle that bothers everyone. These events are for the FGC as a whole and are still a community effort. Most aren't run by the corporations so a lot of people put a lot of time and heart into these things. It would behoove them to show more respect because they may end up not being able to enjoy have fun and play games anymore if they keep the attitude.

Yo, you coming to NWM? Good shit. I'll see you there then.

Definitely going to try, its about as convenient as it's going to get. I'll shoot you a PM when it's closer to the tourney.

Dahbomb

Alright they are about to start. They are taking suggestions on Twitter so those who follow them on Twitter (FChamp and ShadyK)) you guys can get on that. They are doing system changes too.

khzQTmz.jpg

With Ryce's blessing I will be offering the 5 Injustice iOS game Alternate Costumes for the console version to all those who want it! These are Knightfall Bane, Batman Beyond, New 52 Green Lantern, and Arkham Harley. Be sure to thank Ryce for initially offering the same unlocks earlier today in the Injustice thread.

This will be done by entering your WBID details into my finished iOS game with all 5 costumes unlocked which transfers the unlocks onto your account. Simply create/have a WBID and send me your login info of WBID name, email and password through a PM. I will only accept PMs for the next 10 minutes as I don't want to get too flooded (PMs only valid if sent before 7pm PST/10PM EST). I originally wanted to time this with the stream but hey at least it's something to tide you guys over until release day in a few hours.

This is the 5th skin, which is a SPOILER for the story mode, so be warned. You may want to wait when you get the full game to enter your WBID until you finish story mode as the costumes popup with a picture when you link your console tag and WBID.

WARNING: I've read reports that this may stop you from unlocking stuff for the iOS game. The console unlocks work but the iOS unlocks may get messed up. But since you're getting all 5 possible costumes it shouldn't matter. Also, future patches may do funky things and I can't take responsibility for that. Just FYI.

I probably won't get to all of the requests tonight but as long as I received your PM within the next 10 minutes I will get to you.

Edit: Time's up! I'll start working my way down the list in a little bit but rest assured I'll get to you. I may do this again sometime tomorrow for release day.

Top Bottom