• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 15-21 | That's 102%, Welcome to DCU

Dahbomb

Hsien Ko changes:

*Gong Assist changed to H version
*Much faster air dash
*Pendulum cancellable with S like in DS
*Overall speed buff (air jump, air dash, walk speed... basically what she is in XF is how she would be in normal)

I personally would like to see the items be less random/timing dependent.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tony Stark incoming.

EDIT: Thank god the first thing for Ryu is longer Denjin mode. Make that shit actually useful outside of style.

Exploding fireball OTGing in Denjin mode sounds GODLIKE.

Dahbomb

DASH CANCELLABLE GROUND DASH
TRI-DASH FASTER
Cr.M same range as st.H for universal hit confirms
BETTER SMART BOMBS
BETTER RECOVERY ON PROTON CANNON

MY BODY IS READY!

Hsien Ko changes:

*Much faster air dash
*Overall speed buff (air jump, air dash, walk speed... basically what she is in XF is how she would be in normal)

It's actually her most important buff, because she is probably the best anti-zoner in the game except for the unreliable item toss mechanic.

Azure J

Hsien Ko changes:

*Much faster air dash

Still so much more that can be done, but this is pretty damn nice so far. She still needs that c.H OTG (jump cancellable since she has a legit jump loop combo) and items fixed (Bombs go to QCF+S; standard item rotation follows VSav's 2 random - 1 Akuma/other character statue - next item dizzys logic).

Dahbomb

Ryu cant zone??

k
He really can't, his zoning is sub par at best.

There is no reason why that charge fireball should negate only one fireball. It should be gold lance durability and it should be faster. Fuck it... I want my godly Super Saiyan Ryu.

I really think charge fireball should be aimable in the air and should be OTG when aimed down. This would complete the character.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Arthur
Buffs
Keeps gold armor unless he takes 50% life damage, using that super again in that mode cast a magic spell based on the two buttons you press together.
Golden cross bow is 1.5x faster and has higher durability.
Golden firebottle lands in the same spot as normal firebottle.
Shorter recovery on air projectiles across the board to make him play closer to his GnG counterpart.
Standing M and Cr. M faster start up.

Nerfs
For the princess is no longer xfactor cancelable.
Xfactor level 3 damage scaling toned down 50%

Chavelo

You know the game is becoming "stale" (as in, "we don't want to actually try to find new shit" stale) when the only acceptable thing to do now is to try to fix the game with theory talk. :p

Hsien Ko changes:

*Much faster air dash

I went back and found my old change list. Modified it slightly based on what you and Sixfortyfive said back in the day. Also, reduced recovery time on her item toss. It has always sucked going back to her VSav days and it screws her over against the top tier.

Hsien-Ko buff list:
+All air normals receive momentum from air dashes, not air specials
+Give her Vampire Savior pendulum cancels with simple S input for the cancel
+Change her launcher kick to a hammer launcher that has better range(only new move here)
+Change command grab to half circle back and change gongs to quarter circle back motion
+Buff normal air dash/ground teleport speeds to current XF2 levels, walk speed to current XF1 speed and falling speed to XF2
+Buff item durability to 3 low projectile points(compare to one point currently) and map bombs to QCF.S
+Every fourth item tossed causes a dizzy even if they get hit in the air like Savior. All different toss strengths can throw dizzies
+Reduce startup of Rimoukon from twenty frames to five frames
+Tenrai-Ha creates stagewide ground shockwave that causes soft knockdown like Vampire Savior version
+Lower start up of Chireitou and allow them to hit point and assist characters
+Give her more frame advantage off air throw and command throw for OTG combos
+Crouching Heavy has OTG property, is slightly faster, travels 50% farther and has reduced hitstun to avoid infinites
+Henkyo Ki assist is changed to heavy version
+Reduce recovery time on all item tosses slightly

Hsien-Ko nerfs:
-Nerf all gold assists to 3 points of super armor instead of hyper armor
-XF1 has no speed buffs, XF2 has 5% speed buff and XF3 total speed buff is 10%
-All damage received during Rimoukon causes loss of all red health while on point

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
He really can't, his zoning is sub par at best.

There is no reason why that charge fireball should negate only one fireball. It should be gold lance durability and it should be faster. Fuck it... I want my godly Super Saiyan Ryu.

I really think charge fireball should be aimable in the air and should be OTG when aimed down. This would complete the character.

Like in every game

Ryu can zone some characters and he cant some....thats the way it should be.

Roo is not a pure zoner, not being able to keep up with other pure zoners is not a problem, its life.

Dahbomb

Yeah FChamp says what every Iron Man player has been saying forever.

Those aren't Smart Bombs... those are Dumb Bombs.

Dahbomb

and he should be able to cancel it into flight mode after.... actually that sounds fun haha
He can already flight cancel it and combo after it.

I personally think cr.H is fine as is. I mean it's a solid zoning tool where you can zone out most ground characters with just Cr.H into Unibeam or Cr.H into Repulsar.

Disappointed that they didn't address his garbage tridash speed but at least they addressed the ground dash. Smart Bomb trajectory change has been one of my fixes so I am satisfied. They didn't address Proton Cannon change because that hyper is really, really bad.

They covered Trish already. Solid changes but her and Ryu still have no way to combo after an air throw which I feel should be eliminated if there is ever a patch. It's too much of a difference between characters where one can get a full combo and another cannot.

And they are done. Going to migrate to the Marvel thread for more real talk discussion.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
He can already flight cancel it and combo after it.

I personally think cr.H is fine as is. I mean it's a solid zoning tool where you can zone out most ground characters with just Cr.H into Unibeam or Cr.H into Repulsar.

Oh had no clue, no one plays him. :p

Zukuu

Banned
You can't balance characters as the game mechanism themselves would need an overhaul, mainly X-Comeback factor boredom 2000-Factor.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah, my biggest problem with the Iron Man changes are the tridash speed is still ass. And they just seem content into making him alt-Magneto, which is meh.

Iron Man should have some superior zoning because he's fucking Iron Man. But that'd probably mean a complete design rewrite.

marvel theory weekly
Feel free to talk about something else.

You can't balance characters as the game mechanism themselves would need an overhaul, mainly X-Comeback factor boredom 2000-Factor.
X-Factor.
Boredom.

Choose one.

and he should be able to cancel it into flight mode after.... actually that sounds fun haha
It's already special-cancelable!

So should we start up the Kickstarter now? Get Magus and F. Champ as FGC celebrity endorsement?
Ehhhhh.

marvel theory weekly

QLepepw.gif

Arthur
Buffs
Keeps gold armor unless he takes 50% life damage, using that super again in that mode cast a magic spell based on the two buttons you press together.
I would need to hear more about the spells.

I think Gold Armor should stay until he takes 350K damage (the equivalent of 1 projectile x hyper or two hypers DHCed) or a certain amount of time passes. Casting the hyper again would refresh it. The hyper is very powerful as-is, giving it permanently until combo'd is a bit too much.

Golden cross bow is 1.5x faster and has higher durability.
Faster traveling? How would this affect the tracking?

Golden firebottle lands in the same spot as normal firebottle.
I understand your motive for doing this, but gold armor Arthur has good bnbs to replace the fire bottle corner relaunch. I'm not inclined to disagree, though. I'm sure the gold armor bnbs still do more damage than fire bottle relaunches.

Shorter recovery on air projectiles across the board to make him play closer to his GnG counterpart.
IMO, if you are playing him right this is not a problem. There's no reason to ever throw a projectile with Arthur without doing j.S x projectile to reduce the recovery speed. I would like to see his aerial specials be j.S-cancelable, though.

Standing M and Cr. M faster start up.
Sure.

Nerfs
For the princess is no longer xfactor cancelable.
Xfactor level 3 damage scaling toned down 50%
No!

Dahbomb

Yeah, my biggest problem with the Iron Man changes are the tridash speed is still ass. And they just seem content into making him alt-Magneto, which is meh.

Iron Man should have some superior zoning because he's fucking Iron Man. But that'd probably mean a complete design rewrite.
You don't need to rewrite him, just make Smart Bombs better and make his mobility better. They attempted to do that and he would be a superior character but it's just not quite enough.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The whole faster air projectile recovery was so that he could fight super jump air dashers. Letting him control the top of the screen better.

The spells would basically be Super GnG related :p

When I mentioned faster golden crossbow I should of probably should of mentioned improved tracking as well.

The whole faster air projectile recovery was so that he could fight super jump air dashers. Letting him control the top of the screen better.

The spells would basically be Super GnG related :p

When I mentioned faster golden crossbow I should of probably should of mentioned improved tracking as well.
I think the crossbow tracks as well as it ought to.

I like my j.S cancel more than the faster air recovery. Gives him more options while accomplishing your goal as well.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I think the crossbow tracks as well as it ought to.

I like my j.S cancel more than the faster air recovery. Gives him more options while accomplishing your goal as well.

Yeah that's better and maybe a little too good but you would think he was supposed to be the best zoner so no issues there. Would help him vs the dorm match up too actually.

Oh how about his srk L, make it into something that reflects projectiles as long as you hold it down and make it work on supers too once he is in gold mode. :p

Yeah that's better and maybe a little too good but you would think he was supposed to be the best zoner so no issues there. Would help him vs the dorm match up too actually.

Oh how about his srk L, make it into something that reflects projectiles as long as you hold it down and make it work on supers too once he is in gold mode. :p
Is there some precedence for Arthur reflecting projectiles in the games? If so, I'm not opposed to it, though he shouldn't be able to hold it down.

I'd like for something good to happen to his b.H move, too. So crappy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ0IkuZl6oE

Growing I remember people playing the hell out of CotA, MSH was released played for a few months at most then, XvsSF was released and they moved on to that title.

I dont even remember seeing a Darkstalkers cab growing up. I dont think Capcoms disappointing sales are due to over-saturation of the market, but them releasing the wrong titles.
That top youtube comment. The things LZG would do with a Darkstalkers game....

Fucking Capcom outsources all the wrong things. *hulks up*

Edit: Yeah, I've never seen a Darkstalkers cab in the flesh either lol.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Is there some precedence for Arthur reflecting projectiles in the games? If so, I'm not opposed to it, though he shouldn't be able to hold it down.

I'd like for something good to happen to his b.H move, too. So crappy.

It didnt reflect but he could throw the shields out and it destroyed projectiles and was unique in that regard.

Basically imagine if he was throwing out charging stars at you as a projectile lol

I'm trying to remember how the trident worked.

TRI-BLADE - This weapon has a strange pattern, kind of the shape of an L. Goes
up, then back down, then forward, then back to you. Not real useful since its
terribly difficult to aim, but if you can get directly under an enemy it works
wonders! You can have 2 of these on the screen at once.

Ah there we go, I say make it so you can special cancel it.
Edit: Yeah, I've never seen a Darkstalkers cab in the flesh either lol.
My movie theater had one for about 6 years.

Top Bottom