• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 15-21 | That's 102%, Welcome to DCU

I've seen a few Vampire Savior cabs but not the earlier games.

Edit: Rog's team is already ultra-top-tier but I respect him trying out new teams anyway. I think he was getting bored of that team.

I've seen a few Vampire Savior cabs but not the earlier games.

Edit: Rog's team is already ultra-top-tier but I respect him trying out new teams anyway. I think he was getting bored of that team.
He doesn't get credit for it, but PR Balrog is every bit as creative as ChrisG is. He's always looking for the next big thing. Moonz, too. Moonz has a wicked Shuma-Gorath, if anyone doesn't know.

Lulubop

Bum about to stream Injustice with some House of Crack regulars, should be fun.

Norcal been going in on that Marvel lately, gotta defend their turf.

Axis

That top youtube comment. The things LZG would do with a Darkstalkers game....

Yes, probably make another shitty game. No offense, but Skullgirls is really boring, in my opinion. I wouldn't want anyone making a new DS game except the original Dirty Beret team and that's never happening. The next best would be arcsys since some of the Dirty Beret guys are still there.

sleepykyo

He plays Marvel online, and thats about as good as GunZ Online.

So Injustice netcode is completely awful then? If he can tolerate awful netcode, surely that means Injustice sets the bar so low that only MK9 is worse.

edit: The environments are going to old fast. That watchtower one takes as long an ultra.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah. Injustice is a goofy animated game to begin with. Hard to tell if it's lag or not.

Watching some of Joe's stream, to the viewers, it looks fine but apparently he wasn't all that approving of online play.

Yes, probably make another shitty game. No offense, but Skullgirls is really boring, in my opinion. I wouldn't want anyone making a new DS game except the original Dirty Beret team and that's never happening. The next best would be arcsys since some of the Dirty Beret guys are still there.

You call the game shitty but don't mean any offense? lol

Anyway, even if you don't like SG, you should realize that SG turned out more or less exactly like Mike wanted it to. I think if he were working on a game trying to emulate another style, he could do it relatively well.

Axis

You call the game shitty but don't mean any offense? lol

Anyway, even if you don't like SG, you should realize that SG turned out more or less exactly like Mike wanted it to. I think if he were working on a game trying to emulate another style, he could do it relatively well.

Yes, no offense as I'm not trying to shit on his opinion. We're all entitled to feel a certain way about games :p

I know it turned out like he wanted it...I just DON'T like how it turned out. I was hype going in, bought it day 1 and played it for...a week. It just wasn't appealing. Mike also likes VSav but I still wouldn't want him touching an already damn perfect game :p

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yes, no offense as I'm not trying to shit on his opinion. We're all entitled to feel a certain way about games :p

I know it turned out like he wanted it...I just DON'T like how it turned out. I was hype going in, bought it day 1 and played it for...a week. It just wasn't appealing. Mike also likes VSav but I still wouldn't want him touching an already damn perfect game :p

You'll be glad to know the game plays almost nothing like it did day 1 after the patch it. A lot of the stupidly long combo shit got removed.

Yeah. Injustice is a goofy animated game to begin with. Hard to tell if it's lag or not.

Watching some of Joe's stream, to the viewers, it looks fine but apparently he wasn't all that approving of online play.

I don't think it has anything to do with goofy animation. Rather, if a game uses input delay you're not going to see it watching a stream.

NRS just can't animate characters goodly. :<

Axis

You'll be glad to know the game plays almost nothing like it did day 1 after the patch it. A lot of the stupidly long combo shit got removed.

Patch isn't even out on 360 yet is it? lol

My main issues were the game is too slow(way too slow...I like Vampire Savior/mvc2 speed games) and I really, really, really, really loathe restands. Wasn't a huge fan of the roster, either. I'd give the game another chance if Stanley somehow gets voted in but I highly doubt it. It's a fucking scientist shark.

I get you don't like SG. My point is, Mike has the knowledge to make the type of game he wants. If Mike were aiming to make a new VSav, he would probably get it right.

Axis

I get you don't like SG. My point is, Mike has the knowledge to make the type of game he wants. If Mike were aiming to make a new VSav, he would probably get it right.

I think you greatly overstate what Mike can do. I'm a fan of the guy but I just don't think so. Agree to disagree, I suppose.

alstein

Patch isn't even out on 360 yet is it? lol

My main issues were the game is too slow(way too slow...I like Vampire Savior/mvc2 speed games) and I really, really, really, really loathe restands. Wasn't a huge fan of the roster, either. I'd give the game another chance if Stanley somehow gets voted in but I highly doubt it. It's a fucking scientist shark.

The patch sped up the gameplay slightly, though not to VS level (VS is a little too fast for my liking) There's still a little too much stupidly long comboing for my tastes, but anime game dudes like stupidly long combos as much as they love body pillows. ^_^

I agree on the restands being something I don't like either- If Skullgirls ever got a sequel, I'd hope to see it move away from the MVC2 homage into something more Darkstalkers-ish.

Axis

The patch sped up the gameplay slightly, though not to VS level (VS is a little too fast for my liking) There's still a little too much stupidly long comboing for my tastes, but anime game dudes like stupidly long combos as much as they love body pillows. ^_^

I agree on the restands being something I don't like either- If Skullgirls ever got a sequel, I'd hope to see it move away from the MVC2 homage into something more Darkstalkers-ish.

Melty blood is an anime game that does combos right for the most part. Not stupidly long and they set up oki. VS is never too fast! :p

I'd give a chance to something he made that was more VSav-ish as well. I like Skullgirls on theory just not in execution. Also matching up to the aesthetics of darkstalkers will be really tough :p that's part of the appeal for a lot of people.

CDJr on Bum's stream: "Injustice's story mode is godlike! Stream, type 1 if you cried when ____. ... Oh sorry, I thought everyone already played it two weeks ago."

The game's not even out yet. Thanks. Or it's been out for like 20 minutes here, whatever.

I think you greatly overstate what Mike can do. I'm a fan of the guy but I just don't think so. Agree to disagree, I suppose.

As long as you don't expect a perfectly balanced game Day 1, yea, I think he can deliver. If he were making a new game to be like VSav, he'd focus test it with players, just like he does with SG. If something's off, something needs to be changed, something's dumb, whatever, he can and will fix it to make it work. I'm not saying he's a genius or a saint, just that, if he set out to make a game like VSav, he'd get it done.

But yea, we can agree to disagree. It's not like it'll be happening.

How can we make ghost rider as good as magneto?
He actually needs only a few changes (ignoring "fixes"):
1) Chain normals deal chip damage.
2) Chain specials available in the air (or some other anti-air option).
3) dp.H goes full-screen.
4) Bike hyper has armor from frame 1.

I like Injustice's story mode better than MK9's so far, though that might be bias towards Superman, Batman, Wonder Women, and Cyborg having their voice actors/actresses from the TV series.

Marz

CDJr on Bum's stream: "Injustice's story mode is godlike! Stream, type 1 if you cried when ____. ... Oh sorry, I thought everyone already played it two weeks ago."

The game's not even out yet. Thanks. Or it's been out for like 20 minutes here, whatever.

That was Lionheart, not CDJr.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Am I doing it right?

84bfff6aa66711e2802a22000a9f3c9c_7.jpg

He actually needs only a few changes (ignoring "fixes"):
1) Chain normals deal chip damage.
2) Chain specials available in the air (or some other anti-air option).
3) dp.H goes full-screen.
4) Bike hyper has armor from frame 1.

I think an air-dash alone would make him much more viable given his main issues is he's a zoning character who gets out-zoned by everyone, that and maybe give him a follow up to his jump H for opponents that are above him other than the up TAC (or just give it a ton more hit stun).

TheChits

I just got back from class and I see Bum is not only still streaming, but he has almost 2k viewers. The injustice monsters are serious

Rorschach

I just got back from class and I see Bum is not only still streaming, but he has almost 2k viewers. The injustice monsters are serious

New game-itis. I don't have high hopes for the game, but I'd like to see it succeed if only to validate my purchase. :p

New game-itis. I don't have high hopes for the game, but I'd like to see it succeed if only to validate my purchase. :p

I do appreciate that it is only $69 in Australia.

Compare and contrast to P4A, which is listed at $79 and looks especially bad with MK9 releasing at the same time in May for only about $34 (yes we haven't got that game yet either).

Hobobloke

I do appreciate that it is only $69 in Australia.

Compare and contrast to P4A, which is listed at $79 and looks especially bad with MK9 releasing at the same time in May for only about $34 (yes we haven't got that game yet either).

I couldn't find it for anything other than $79 here in Perth, where did you get it?

I hope I'm not the only one who watched Art's Injustice stream and thought the story mode was just...overly long and really, really dumb.

Top Bottom