• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 15-21 | That's 102%, Welcome to DCU

Shouta

If you lose Shouta, you're demoted.

I'll demote you!

Aside from Renzo and soakrates, I've got Tricky and the Brisal73 (SoCal guy living in Japan currently, I think) as well. Bracket is gonna be pretty wild. Not as crazy as other ones but the distribution of players is really good for sure.

Beckx

I didn't really become interested in the game until I saw the potential in the reveal of the 32 potentials, where suddenly it expanded beyond its limiting initial cast.

(Overtly sexualized characters in fighting games make me uncomfortable. I can't be the only one.)

It doesn't make me as uncomfortable as the violence in MK9, but yeah. Massive fan service does more harm than good. (Take anime, where IMO the massive upswing in fan service design since the 1990s has led to the immediate association of anime with sexualized content to the point that "otaku" now has a "pervert" connotation.) Some of the stuff getting posted in the Skullgirls DLC thread isn't helping that perception, there is stuff being posted there the last few days I just don't want to be associated with.

Sega Cup pools are up.

http://challonge.com/users/levelup

I'm in Pool 5 with Renzo and soakrates. This is gonna be fun. It'd take a miracle to get out in Winner's so gonna aim to get out in Loser's, lol.

Aww, I'm disappointed you didn't register as GAF-shouta.

GL man. Really looking forward to watching high level VF this weekend.

I don't want to be confirmed as a fraud. :-O

Fraud stamping confirmed as the greatest innovation in fighters.

Some of the stuff getting posted in the Skullgirls DLC thread isn't helping that perception, there is stuff being posted there the last few days I just don't want to be associated with.
Name and shame. I agree with you, but when you put it like that it sounds like it's some sort of pigsty of nasty stuff that everyone is participating in.

I don't like it either so I just stopped going for a bit, but at least I call it out instead of not saying anything and coming back here to talk it down. Call it out for what it is over there to clean things up.
It was more an issue of not really knowing any VSav players who are going lol maybe Lord Knight will be there, he's decent with BBH but I can't really tell if it's gonna be quality play or if it's gonna be like 8 versions of me at FR against Floe :B

I will watch and still hope for the best and support as best I can.
Don't beat yourself up over that. Also, still on a laptop that can't handle ggpo?

Axis

Don't beat yourself up over that. Also, still on a laptop that can't handle ggpo?

Just means I need to go to ECT and try to get that 200 dollar pot bonus for VSav :)

Yeah, still on the crappy laptop. The mobo in my other is being replaced, tho...just not sure when at this point.

Beckx

Name and shame. I agree with you, but when you put it like that it sounds like it's some sort of pigsty of nasty stuff that everyone is participating in.

I don't like it either so I just stopped going for a bit, but at least I call it out instead of not saying anything and coming back here to talk it down. Call it out for what it is over there to clean things up.

Fair point. The thread has otherwise been pretty cool w/ a lot of amazing art and I should just pm someone about my concern.

Dahbomb

Capcom should fix TAC infinites themselves considering it's a clear exploit in the game and it defies the system mechanics they specifically put in the game. At this point it's a product not working as intended and when people lose/win movie over an exploit that can be fixed... it's a problem.

There really has to be a way around this situation. I can't believe that the contract would specifically mention that the game remain 100% untouched over a period of time.

DR2K

Banned
Capcom should fix TAC infinites themselves considering it's a clear exploit in the game and it defies the system mechanics they specifically put in the game. At this point it's a product not working as intended and when people lose/win movie over an exploit that can be fixed... it's a problem.

There really has to be a way around this situation. I can't believe that the contract would specifically mention that the game remain 100% untouched over a period of time.

They patched in the costume glitch, so they have authority to fix code/glitches.

The main team is is working on something else.

vocab

Someone should write a letter about how TAC's is a threat against the Marvel brand, and has the potential to hurt their fanbase.

Shouta

Practice your Taka specific combos. lol

Ah yeah, I expect to fight a few Sumos in this tournament.

I think I've already demoted Shouta at least once.

in ranked mode

I dun care about ranked mode! I actually end up playing everyone and usually help folks that keep coming at me. That usually ends up eating points when I'm trying to help them learn something, lol.

Fair point. The thread has otherwise been pretty cool w/ a lot of amazing art and I should just pm someone about my concern.
I've vented a bit via PM too. At least they're doing a better job of policing themselves and knowing when something just ain't kosher.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Hoooly fuck some MK dudes are so over-sensitive. You better agree with everything they say about everything or you're a scrub Capcom fanboy.

Hoooly fuck some MK dudes are so over-sensitive. You better agree with everything they say about everything or you're a scrub Capcom fanboy.

My favorite fighting game franchise is MK and my favorite comic book superhero universe is Marvel so how do you think I feel being torn between the two. I'm all for rivalries and competition to hype up the scene and keep people hungry though. But yeah some MK guys take every negative statement against the franchise too personally.

https://twitter.com/JWonggg/status/325024526444400640

cm-44950-050f661881e7de.gif

Wynnebeck

Banned
Welp. Time to sign my death warrant in AE and Injustice. I go to Civil War tomorrow. If any Gaffers are going also, hit me up and maybe we'll get some chicken. Anyone making the thread?

O that shit? He has been saying that for a LONGGGG time.

He posted some youtube video of him beating uryo, poongko and a few others in an attempt to say he is a top fighting game player.

Carl isn't bad but I certainly would not put him on the same caliber as ricky, justin, daigo, tokido etc etc. Maybe like Mew2King level or some shit

Yeah I saw that thread when it hit the fan. I think I might of even posted.

alstein

I have a lot of Wolf experience from playing Zass, so I'm ok on that front, heh. Taka, a lot less, other than some matches with Shidosha and the random ranked Takas.

Shidosha's probably a better Taka. I drew him at NEC- we both played like crap, he won.

Was it Jamesmk?

Naw, I don't think Jamesmk hates the capcom community really.

I think its more so Tom vs CDjr, PL vs CDjr, PL vs Justin Wong at the moment.

I also think theres some unknown MK9 players (known in their community) that are popping off at "capcom" players such as Pigofthehut and a few others.

soakrates

It feels kinda weird to be seeded at Sega Cup. Can someone remind me when I got good at this game?

It looks like I'll be facing Shiny Brentford first, pretty good Goh from TX, or so I hear, although I don't know much about his opponent. I hope I have some time to hit the lab tonight.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
It feels kinda weird to be seeded at Sega Cup. Can someone remind me when I got good at this game?

It looks like I'll be facing Shiny Brentford first, pretty good Goh from TX, or so I hear. I hope I have some time to hit the lab tonight.

Luckily you have a lot of practice versus the best Goh on the planet.

Dahbomb

I don't know man FChamp went Terminator mode on the MK community yesterday so I guess that's why they have been so tipsy lately.

I want to see a Capcom vs MK community exhibition in Injustice.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I don't know man FChamp went Terminator mode on the MK community yesterday so I guess that's why they have been so tipsy lately.

That should be the exhibition that's in the middle of all of the grand finals on Sunday at EVO.

MrDaravon

No matter who wins, we all lose etc

I am so bad at AE haha. Every endless lobby I go into it's people who have like 200 pp but then are gods.

soakrates

I haven't played Injustice yet. Is it really similar enough to MK that a Capcom vs. MK community battle would really mean anything? I'm not even sure what it would accomplish anyway.

Dahbomb

I haven't played Injustice yet. Is it really similar enough to MK that a Capcom vs. MK community battle would really mean anything? I'm not even sure what it would accomplish anyway.
It's just for fun. A lot of trash talking has been going on in the wake of this game's release. It's similar to MK but it also has some similarities to Capcom games... it's a fair game for both sides to compete in without having the issue of massive prior experience giving edge.

I just want some good old fashion pop offs.

Top Bottom