• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 15-21 | That's 102%, Welcome to DCU

LOL she would only wreck if she kept her damage, mitsuru wouldnt be as dominating as she is if her damage was cut back on par to match up with her design.

Her MvC3 equivalent is Nova just start using him.

Air Unblockable moves
Ghost Rider normals that lead into full combos solo
Lariat that covers half the screen
sword normals
overhead with super armor
aegis reflector
steals meter
DHC to Spiral Swords

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";54492534]Air Unblockable moves
sword normals
aegis reflector
DHC to Spiral Swords[/QUOTE]

Her normals wouldnt be as big a deal in MvC3, you are forgetting how fucking small the P4A stages are in relation to MvC3 lol

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
4gOWfQt.gif

tumblr_mhxigltXa51r0lwogo1_400.gif

Her normals wouldnt be as big a deal in MvC3, you are forgetting how fucking small the P4A stages are in relation to MvC3 lol

Her pressure game would be a monster, though. try and pushblock that shit. Fullscreen movement in an instant. Plus, her sweep is invincible to lows from the 1st frame for some reason.

I wonder what she'd be like with X-factor instead of Burst, and a wavedash instead of short hop.

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";54492534]Air Unblockable moves
sword normals
aegis reflector
steals meter
DHC to Spiral Swords[/QUOTE]
Unless the Aegis Reflector reflects back Soul Fists and Hidden Missiles she would still be free to MorriDoom.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";54493470]Her pressure game would be a monster, though. try and pushblock that shit. Fullscreen movement in an instant. Plus, her sweep is invincible to lows from the 1st frame for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Yeah she would have some killer lockdown, imagine her with shopping cart,ammy assist or jam session :lol

Dahbomb

Why wouldnt it reflect Soulfist?! thats a one to one move property transfer from game to game.
Well I don't know shit about Mitsuru so whatever.

The Aegis Shield equivalent in Marvel (Nova's Gravimetric Pulse) barely absorbs one fireball and doesn't reflect shit. Only Ammy's counter can reflect it but she has to be fully stationary. There's also the MODOK shield which is eh.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Justin lost to two MK players last night, but they were using clearly superior characters.

How can you say that after day 2 tournament? Superman and Aquaman are definitely simpler to play. I don't know about better, it's way too early. Batman is clearly going to be a overused char but compared to those other 2 it will take longer to figure him out. He has mobility options and mixups that people arent using yet. Very early.

CDjr plays other games. I think he's been going in hard on SFxT, and he got top 8 at Apex in AE I think even though he doesn't really play AE super seriously.

He didn't get top 8 at AE at Apex.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012 — Results

1. FNEX|K-Brad (Cammy)
2. AG|DemonHyo (Seth, Blanka)
3. DMG|LionHeart (Sagat, Fei Long)
4. AGE|NYChrisG (Sakura, Guile)
5. EMP|Hiro (M. Bison)
5. TS|Arturo Sanchez (Dhalsim, Rose)
7. Meteo (Vega)
7. RPD|Alex Smith (Abel, Juri)

I like the fact that CDjr plays other games though. But he hasnt placed top 8 in a capcom game at a major yet.

Arturo said ChrisG was the best tester, with Reo being second and the rest following.

ChrisG and Reo are tied for first IMO. Pot split beta in house tourneys!?!? haha

Injustice Monsters:
More casuals between myself (Sinestro) and EMP DragonGod (Black Adam) - I took him under my wing and showed him how to play Injustice. He'll be a major threat soon and I can see him getitng to my level or surpassing it fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVpokhY5FcE

Shouta

It feels kinda weird to be seeded at Sega Cup. Can someone remind me when I got good at this game?

It looks like I'll be facing Shiny Brentford first, pretty good Goh from TX, or so I hear, although I don't know much about his opponent. I hope I have some time to hit the lab tonight.

Gonna try and see if I can get to a match with you lol, Might be in losers though. Since I have Brisal and Renzo in my way from that happening.

Though tbh, I don't know why the EG guys got seeds. I kind of get why Zass got one but Chancai or Kamais should've gotten it instead for our area. If it had to be Seattle, I could probably make the case for me getting it instead, lol.

The Aegis Shield equivalent in Marvel (Nova's Gravimetric Pulse) barely absorbs one fireball and doesn't reflect shit. Only Ammy's counter can reflect it but she has to be fully stationary. There's also the MODOK shield which is eh.
Hsien-ko's gong.

Unless the Aegis Reflector reflects back Soul Fists and Hidden Missiles she would still be free to MorriDoom.

She has an air unblockable hyper that hits where Morrigan throws soul fists from. She has a DP that hits where she throws soul fists from. One of her supers is Blistering Swords. She can drop Aegis Reflector right underneath Morrigan from fullscreen so she can't call Doom.

She also has a hyper that instant kills. A lot of stuff that isn't useful in Persona would wreck Marvel.

The equivalent is MODOK's shield, but she can put hers at 3 different positions on the screen and it lasts like 3 times as long and freezes the opponent on hit, lockdown on block.

Dahbomb

Champ talking about the whole "no Marvel update thing".... he says DON'T BELIEVE THEIR FUCKING LIES!

Says Capcom can't talk about it obviously for the licensing issues. The current license is with the guys making that Marvel Heroes game (the Diablo game). After that comes out there will be a bidding on the license for Marvel games again.

Or something he saw in his "dream".

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";54494832]She has an air unblockable hyper that hits where Morrigan throws soul fists from. She has a DP that hits where she throws soul fists from. One of her supers is Blistering Swords. She can drop Aegis Reflector right underneath Morrigan from fullscreen so she can't call Doom.

She also has a hyper that instant kills. A lot of stuff that isn't useful in Persona would wreck Marvel.[/QUOTE]

Put Carl Clover in Marvel... LOL

Champ talking about the whole "no Marvel update thing".... he says DON'T BELIEVE THEIR FUCKING LIES!

Says Capcom can't talk about it obviously for the licensing issues. The current license is with the guys making that Marvel Heroes game (the Diablo game). After that comes out there will be a bidding on the license for Marvel games again.

Doesn't that translate to "there's nothing in the works right now"?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

#teamdream :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
BTW Injustice has been added to the FGC-GAF Index. If you have the game and would like to show that you now own it and are playing it on whatever platforms you have it on, please use the submission update link given to you when you completed your survey and do NOT submit an additional submission.

If you have not made a submission yet, the link is hidden in e-mail tags at the top of OP of this thread.

EDIT: Don't tell me you guys are even considering what FChamp said. After that there will be bidding for the Marvel games again? Really? REALLY? That doesn't even make sense within itself and we know that's not how it works as different devs have different licenses. C'mon people. Don't listen to FChamp. No one should be believing that, and yes, he actually fucking said at the end that he saw that in one of his dreams.

Dahbomb

Doesn't that translate to "there's nothing in the works right now"?
Well obviously yes. Last time Champ talked about this mythical patch he said that the patch isn't going to come sooner than this year's EVO and will most likely come out next year.
Don't tell me you guys are even considering what FChamp said. After that there will be bidding for the Marvel games again? Really? REALLY? That doesn't even make sense within itself and we know that's not how it works as different devs have different licenses. C'mon people. Don't listen to FChamp. No one should be believing that, and yes, he actually fucking said at the end that he saw that in one of his dreams.
I don't believe anyone without any proof INCLUDING from Capcom's own mouth. But the whole "I saw it in my dream" thing isn't Champ making shit up, it's his way of saying "I am not supposed to talk about it because of my inside source". He slipped up talking about his source with the AE 2013 patch when he was talking about Sagat's buff but then said "I mean... I saw it in a dream.. forget what I said before".

Also FChamp was talking about how with almost every update of AE Capcom said this would be the last one but then they updated it anyway. I mean how many fucking times have they said "there are no plans to update this game any further" with AE?

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/...n-will-have-quick-combo-disable-option-added/

So yeah... I don't believe their fucking lies.

Dahbomb

Since MVC3 clearly doesn't have any answers to MorriDoom we are relegated to talking about MorriDoom in other fighting games...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Bioshock Infinite has raffles in the game. In fact, that's how crap hit the fan in the game. And in order to replenish your magic, you have to use salt. Ken Levine is an FGC fan confirmed.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Well obviously yes. Last time Champ talked about this mythical patch he said that the patch isn't going to come sooner than this year's EVO and will most likely come out next year.
Give it up man, and stop spreading FChamp's bullshit. He's translating his cynicism for Capcom when it comes to updates towards Marvel.

He even used how Capcom said SSFIV would be the last iteration as his evidence, and is completely ignorant of all of Sven, Niitsuma, Seth, etc. comments. He's your average gamer spewing "NO I DON'T BELIEVE THEM THEY WILL BE MAKING UPDATES AND SCREWING OVER PEOPLE INDEFINITELY."

The "bidding war" for the ENTIRE Marvel license is complete bullshit and everyone knows it. The premise doesn't make sense and I can name 3 Marvel games off of the top of my head in concurrent development right now (Heroes, Deadpool, LEGO). We know that at one point Activision (maybe still) had exclusivity of the X-Men license, and even still through negotiations they were able to allow certain marquee characters to appear in other games. Why would you have to wait for a game to be done development and out there for another license to be put out? The fuck? Common sense tells you not to trust a man that spews that. Not to be any more armchair analyst, but there is no logic in that (incoming BUT CAPCOM DUSNT USE LOGIK).

Stop giving FChamp attention and entertaining this baseless nonsense. How many nails in the coffin do you need on a persistent basis for us to drop a UMvC3 update from discussion. If you don't believe direct sources and proof the developers have moved on (i.e. Niitsuma assisting on JoJos) I don't see why suddenly FChamp's luck becomes credible when he says an update is coming and oh-ho looks like Capcom decided to make one. Just stop this shit. No plans currently means no plans currently. Shit changes. Right now, there are no plans, no resources, no license and no developer for the update. Just because you can't read Sven's carefully worded PR talk without assuming it's always lies doesn't mean FChamp's luck suddenly has credence.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nevah.

And as long as you spread Sven's bull shit, I will counter spread FChamp's bull shit.
Sven had his 1 bullshit quota with the AA thing, and FChamp had it with SF4 update. Otherwise Sven only spreads enlightenment and supported arguments, none of which FChamp has displayed. Not even from his dream world.

EDIT: The TAC tech makes for a really nice reset.

kirblar

If it happens, wouldn't they basically need to upconvert to PS4/720 at that point to ensure sales (assuming it isn't just a balance patch), since PS360 would be legacy hardware?

This is really the only way I could see it potentially happening.

Top Bottom