• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 15-21 | That's 102%, Welcome to DCU

Dahbomb

Justin and ChrisG would dominate all Random select tournaments. Most other top players are pretty bad with characters they don't play.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
jv5XUGCoizria.png

lol

vocab

I went to bed (after that long ass break), and didn't even see grand finals. Sounds like it was boring as shit.

Dahbomb

I don't get it... if ChrisG makes it to GF with Justin he will just throw the match, Justin will collect the bounty and they will split.

Just more rent money going to ChrisG.

Beckx

Respect, Markman.

Yep. Chris needs to either apologize or just stop talking. Blaming TOs, blaming tournaments running late, etc.

I wonder what would happen if EVO took a Bart Giamatti approach and just said "We think you colluded at a tournament, you aren't playing at EVO. Period."

Justin ain't the one pushing back like Chris is, and he also isn't the one playing Morridoom.

Hell, Justin apologized.

Its not about being unbeatable, its about sending a message to these players that this stuff needs to stop. Justin and Rog pulled the same crap last week in Canada. So why not put a bounty on him. Give him some incentive to give his all throughout the entire tournament.

So you don't get the money of you knock Chris G to losers? Only if you knock him out? That doesn't seem fair.

Also, Tekken Arena is a free feature in the feature-laden Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Out now. Buy it.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So you don't get the money of you knock Chris G to losers? Only if you knock him out? That doesn't seem fair.

Also, Tekken Arena is a free feature in the feature-laden Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Out now. Buy it.

What would that bounty matter if you knock him into losers and he comes back and wins the whole thing for example?

It's splitting money anyways.

If it was just for putting him in losers then Chris G could lose, split the bounty and still win the tournament. Although he can still split the bounty and pot if he makes it in grand finals even with the elimination rule.

We need to find some guy down on his luck and give him the "six million dollar man" treatment. We have the technology, the archives and the monopoly dollars. We can make him faster, stronger, better.

Anything to stop this G virus.

What would that bounty matter if you knock him into losers and he comes back and wins the whole thing for example?

It's splitting money anyways.

Because the person who knocked him out would benefit from the actions of whoever knocked him to losers.

I see your point, but the money should go to both people who defeat him, in the unlikelihood that he is completely knocked out of the tournament.

MrDaravon

Because the person who knocked him out would benefit from the actions of whoever knocked him to losers.

I see your point, but the money should go to both people who defeat him, in the unlikelihood that he is completely knocked out of the tournament.

Yeah, I think the way to do this is if he is completely eliminated split (lol) the bonus between the two players who beat him.

Horseress

Chris G doesn't realize that if the community grows, he grows together, and wins more money, but no, he thinks being a scumbag is better

Top Bottom