• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 15-21 | That's 102%, Welcome to DCU

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sven:
The strategic marketing group here has for quite a while been pushing for our fighting franchises to have more and better single player content, of which full fledged story modes are one component.

How and when those requirements manifest in our future roadmap, I'm not prepared to speak about at this time.

- - -

Not sure if thread-worthy, but this sounds a lot like "we have something, but because we haven't announced the title yet, I can't say anything."

Dahbomb

Sven:
The strategic marketing group here has for quite a while been pushing for our fighting franchises to have more and better single player content, of which full fledged story modes are one component.

How and when those requirements manifest in our future roadmap, I'm not prepared to speak about at this time.

- - -

Not sure if thread-worthy, but this sounds a lot like "we have something, but because we haven't announced the title yet, I can't say anything."
More non news and non statements from Sven.

Please stop giving this guy attention. They were going to push single player story for Marvel and even got themselves a writer... right.

Also LOL @ "strategic marketing group". The same strategic marketing group that gave us DmC, SFxT and RE6? Jebailey please!

Sven:

- - -

get hype for that sweet darkstalkers 4 story mode

Azure J

Anything that could possibly lead to outsourced Kinu Nisimura/CRMK-Bengus-Akiman visual novels for MvC4 is welcome.

I can't believe I had to fix this for you bro...

Re: All this Chris G Twitter nonsense

When's Infiltration? We need him to get into Marvel and take the rent airfare money now.

Dahbomb

lol no one in korea plays broken ass marvel.

still my favorite fighting game
Infiltration is actually interested in learning and playing Marvel. I mean we have already seen Xian do relatively well in the game and he has absolutely no scene there for the game in Singapore.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
More non news and non statements from Sven.

Please stop giving this guy attention. They were going to push single player story for Marvel and even got themselves a writer... right.

Also LOL @ "strategic marketing group". The same strategic marketing group that gave us DmC, SFxT and RE6? Jebailey please!
Marvel ran out of time.

And this is not non-news, as bad as you'd like it to be.

Dahbomb

As if. NT is going to direct the cut scenes in UE3 (well UE4) and skimp on netcode programmers so they can hire Andy Serkis again.
i5EDfFogNb1Fx.gif

Marvel ran out of time.

And this is not non-news, as bad as you'd like it to be.
It's non news. Sven is trying to tease/hype up a product or group of products that don't exist yet. It's empty promises and until he shows shit to prove they are doing something different... it's non news.

The part about "strategic marketing group" should make people even more wary. Actually this transcends non news... it's anti news.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's non news. Sven is trying to tease/hype up a product or group of products that don't exist yet. It's empty promises and until he shows shit to prove they are doing something different... it's irrelevant information.

The part about "strategic marketing group" should make people even more wary.
You haven't given a reason why it isn't new information/news, nor there is a promise anywhere in his statement. It's not OMG X CONFIRMED, but it is valid insight into what's going on at Capcom, regardless of whether you care or not.

I can't believe I had to fix this for you bro...

Re: All this Chris G Twitter nonsense

When's Infiltration? We need him to get into Marvel and take the rent airfare money now.
Hey man

I'm trying to keep expectations in check here.

Edit:
I'm going to be real honest (and this could be my late submission for the controversial post here), Shinkiro's art is extremely "eh" or miss for me.
Oh my

I never knew.

wow

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
You haven't given a reason why it isn't new information/news, nor there is a promise anywhere in his statement. It's not OMG X CONFIRMED, but it is valid insight into what's going on at Capcom, regardless of whether you care or not.

Because it's Sven and Sven is the devil. Anything that comes out of that mans mouth is a pirate's lie.

ahhh magic to my ears

Adam Heart ‏@KeitsSRK 53m
@MrFanatiq @NYChrisG @teamspooky UFGT has a scaling bonus in EVERY game that goes up with entry numbers. Had it for 3 years. Just sayin'!

Fanatiq Gamerson ‏@MrFanatiq 50m
@KeitsSRK @NYChrisG @teamspooky Which does mean less bonus for the top players, the people who put in the most time.

Adam Heart ‏@KeitsSRK 37m
@MrFanatiq @NYChrisG @teamspooky what the fuck are you talking about?

Fanatiq Gamerson ‏@MrFanatiq 36m
@KeitsSRK @NYChrisG @teamspooky If you spread the bonus thinner it becomes less top heavy. Which means leas bonus for the top players.

Dahbomb

Because they have done this before and they have stated similar stuff before. You don't think Capcom said the same thing when MK9 was rolling around?

Capcom should just put up or shut up.

Because it's Sven and Sven is the devil. Anything that comes out of that mans mouth is a pirate's lie.
Sven is a corporate shill so this is part of the job description.

Malice215

They were. But the split wasn't so blatant as doing all random. And I think the crowd was calling for Iron Fist.

Everybody knew they were splitting even before the match even started. There's no point in playing it out if they've already decided to split. Just forfeit the match and keep it moving.

Chris G doesn't realize that if the community grows, he grows together, and wins more money, but no, he thinks being a scumbag is better

It's not fair that Chris G is receiving all the hate. It takes two to split.

But I know why he splits and if more people had the hunger he had, then we wouldn't need to worry about people splitting and putting a black eye on these events. Now you got people wishing for Infiltration to play Marvel. Come on now.

But if people are truly upset over this type of behavior, then it needs to stop at all events regardless of the participants and regardless of how good of a show they put on. We'll see what happens.

Fanatiq really thinks that people who are #1 always put in the most time? That seems like a weird assumption if you ask me.
Because they have done this before and they have stated similar stuff before. You don't think Capcom said the same thing when MK9 was rolling around?

Capcom should just put up or shut up.
Dahbomb putting putting two and two together.

sleepykyo

Fanatiq really thinks that people who are #1 always put in the most time? That seems like a weird assumption if you ask me.

Seems like the lesser issue. Keits is mentioning that more players mean a bigger pot bonus except Fanatiq seems to be incapable of reading between the lines or really committed to staying in his Beyonzo loving character.

Seems like the lesser issue. Keits is mentioning that more players mean a bigger pot bonus except Fanatiq seems to be incapable of reaing between the lines or really committed to staying in his Beyonzo loving character.
Yeah, this is a far bigger issue. I can see that now.

Infinite

Very disappointed with all this. It's not even the pot splitting that upsets me it's the fucking stubbornness. Chris needs to see that he is being short sighted or someone needs to be able to kick his ass in this game.

phaonaut

Seems like the lesser issue. Keits is mentioning that more players mean a bigger pot bonus except Fanatiq seems to be incapable of reaing between the lines or really committed to staying in his Beyonzo loving character.

Didn't realize that they had a bonus scaler, I thought ufgt was known for paying out a higher number of players like top 32 or something similar.

Beckx

Chris needs to see that he is being short sighted or someone needs to be able to kick his ass in this game.

I think those two things are going hand in hand. "Nobody can beat me, so fuck em all, not even going to pretend."

I mean, Christ, the man has you people rooting for the Ivan Drago of the FGC to enter Marvel, this is how bad it's gotten.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
My hat's off to Man of Purity Le Viscant. He is spot on.

Also: Chris G pls ;_;

Azure J

Hey man

I'm trying to keep expectations in check here.

Edit:

Oh my

I never knew.

wow

He has a good color sense (but then again, what Capcom artist doesn't?), but his character/profiles are so weird. Clooney face is real.

Dat Clooney face. I like Shinkiro but he's not up there with the 3 gods(Kinu/Bengus/Akiman)

Yeah, he's pretty good, but when Capcom has/had Elder Gods like Akiman, Bengus, Nishimura and Ikeno, its pretty hard to accept anything else. :lol

I just want to see the money burn.

Dark age FGC I'm rooting for you. Capcom/NRS/Namco just forget about the FGC and make other better games that sell more copies.

I'll leave Arcsys because nobody plays those games.

Top Bottom