• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 3-10 | Rising to the Occasion

True. But there's voicing concerns and then there's whatever it is the internet does whenever anything isn't perfect. But in the end I'm glad Capcom is letting us get a look at characters even before they are finished, even if it's accompanied by wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Completely agreed.

CLq4pf_WUAEAANX.png
Where's my video?!?!

Xrd updates and patches have been on the same or next day, which may just be PSN Japan updating before PSN US.
I thought we got 1.1 like a month after Japan did. Am I misremembering that?

Rean

No harm in letting Capcom know when something is wrong, actually they keep asking for feedback, Like every thing though, it can be taken it way too far.

That being said, while Vega looked meh in the trailer, love his look in the show floor videos, so it might just be an ugly angle or a shaders thing.
I think it was the shaders. He even looked better on the character select screen then he did in the initial trailer.

ShinMaruku

i remember finding great joy in reading complaints that his movelist is too hard when 5 first dropped

it's
really
not

and hasn't been since VF4
I felt the feeling of this when I saw how Phase 4 worked and then after a while I got from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzGMRt2Ppiw to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyUS2xh8Rvo

Just need to spend some time and have good training partners. It's really thanks to GAF and FSD I passed that point.

I think more people need a support thing like that to break dwon Akira, he is not that hard but to work in the game takes a bit of work but it is SOO rewarding.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I felt the feeling of this when I saw how Phase 4 worked and then after a while I got from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzGMRt2Ppiw to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyUS2xh8Rvo

Just need to spend some time and have good training partners. It's really thanks to GAF and FSD I passed that point.

I think more people need a support thing like that to break dwon Akira, he is not that hard but to work in the game takes a bit of work but it is SOO rewarding.

do you know puno de leyenda? or a pltnmghost? if so tell them oneida said lol hi

Just for the heck of it I've been noting down the win quotes from the vids for anyone who wants them (format is Winner vs Loser: Quote)

Cammy vs Vega: "Shut your mouth. I'm not here to listen to your drivel."
Ken vs Vega: "You think you're the prettiest, huh? Take a look at yourself now."
Necalli vs Ken: "Give u... up. I'll dr... drink your flames."
Vega vs Cammy: "Your delusions, your despair... They all belong to me now."
Necalli vs Vega: "You can never ho... hope to cut me with such a feeble blade."

I just hope Capcom gets some more female characters in Sausage Fest V soonish. =/
Super agreed. 3 boys for the last 3 reveals so I think we're due some girl time.

Did they announce Sim?! Good old full screen keep-away playing Sim?

Honestly, I think he's got a good shot of making it. They're clearly going for playstyle diversity here. People complain that all the non-SF2 characters are getting shit on, but the fact is that most of the non-SF2 characters are just riffs on SF2 archetypes anyway.

SFV Charlie is more different than Alpha Charlie than Remy is to Guile.

I see that Necalli does not actually lose any V-Trigger time at all once it is active. It didn't go down when he used his version of Seismo in V-Trigger either. Maybe he only loses it as he takes damage, or on certain specials?
He doesn't lose it at all until the end of the round. Combofiend mentioned it in his detailed breakdown I think :p

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Also has a flash cart. I think baphomet mentioned it in the Saturn thread.
I wonder if there's a dev community.

also oneida why u sleepin on my hilarious VF tweet?

aaaaaaaaaaa my radar is broke

flash drive + architecture resembles Saturn = where's my Guardian Heroes arcade port

Oh, I never saw this. They even specifically mention he loses V-Reversal as a tradeoff for activating V-Trigger. Kind of interested to try him out, would be cool if he is in the next beta build.

No worries, just glad whenever I can help someone out even if it's just linking stuff :3

Juri, Ibooty and the Brazilian frau
I like Juri and Ibuki so I'd be pretty happy with those. No idea what I think of 'Laura' until she's revealed though.

Unless my friend's been messing with me (I don't have any reason to think he is) then Mika is in, but I haven't the foggiest if she's core or DLC. I know you've not been super keen on her in past posts but i'm hoping she's core because I'd love to play a silly female grappler and while there's hope for that from ms Brasil, my gut feeling is that she'll be another stoic addition which isn't really my style :p

notworksafe

Also has a flash cart. I think baphomet mentioned it in the Saturn thread.
I wonder if there's a dev community.

also oneida why u sleepin on my hilarious VF tweet?
I dunno if you saw my previous post, but if you're serious about a NAOMI2 I'd look into an alternative solution to using a GD-ROM. There are plenty of ways to use a Net DIMM to avoid having to use one, but they can be expensive.

ShinMaruku

I also want Juri and Ibooty for my stupid ass sf play list of J and K-pop. >_>

Capcom should def do an idol outfit for the ladies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Shin is the biggest creeper on here. Moreso than a certain other person. But at least he posts all the time and doesn't hide it.

Top Bottom