• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 3-10 | Rising to the Occasion

Dahbomb

LMAO @ the awkward realization on Ultrachen that Chile won the same amount of EVO games as USA did....

Edit: Oops sorry for double post.

NEO0MJ

Wasn't he nerffed coming into ultra? Last time I tried him was in Super though.

I think he got hit with the nerf bat a bit, yeah. Got some buffs as well, though. It felt at times that they weren't even sure what do with the character because of how his changes change his playstyle a lot going between Vanilla>Super>Ultra.

alstein

He also plays hella Touhou

Why the fuck would you even do something like this? How many psychological issues must you have?

Heat of the moment, and dude prob didn't think throwing his stick would result in taking someone's eye out.

Some folks just have that rage and they need to learn how to control it.

Marz

I don't get this, doesn't Gen have some of the best hitboxes in the game?!! The Fei side is accurate for AE's Fei though.

It's basically saying the amount of thought it takes playing Gen with his 2 stances and various setups etc. compared to Fei.

So the Gen player has all these different scenarios and such going on in his head during the match whereas the Fei players just like "let me whiff punish with rekka, now they're in the corner"

VS Fighting confirmed players thus far:

Problem X - 70 points - 24th seed
Luffy - 324 points - 9th seed
Valmaster - 18 points - 40th seed
Pro Fluke - 26 points - 37th seed
Infexious - 32 points - 36th seed
Imstilldadaddy - 14 points- 47th seed

FV Cup

Dark Jiewa - 139 points - 16th seed
Bonchan - 124 points - 17th seed
Humanbomb - 90 points - 19th seed
Tonpy - 72 points - 23rd seed
Shiro - 37 points - 31st seed
Chuan - 34 points - 34th seed
Itazan - 10 points - 52nd seed
RB - 4 points - 79th seed
KOK - 6 points - 63rd seed
Kim1234 - 3 points - 85th seed
Gackt
Leslie
Gonzalez
GYRO

Yo Beardo! This Game has a character called Lieselotte who has a sorta Dbo/Eddie thing happening and you can pair her with The Halo Arcana To gain another stand like trick for unblockables and an extra character as you attack. In a sense you can have 2 stands plus yourself on some setups. You're the stand player, a lover of Eddie, Dbo, etc etc.

Gier/Darkness is much more of an extra puppet chara than Halo is.
http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Arcana_Heart_3/Gier

Edit: you should take a look at Luck or Tone for fun times unique setup mechanics. =D

Horseress

Vega looks fucking awesome
can't believe I'm saying this
! Way classier than his SFIV interation! dat stance.

My man Necalli playable and dude picks Cammy? C'mon. Can't wait to see footage of him

Edit: bad news from this vid is that Vega has seemingly completely lost the ability to block. A huge blow.

lol

VS Fighting confirmed players thus far:

Problem X - 70 points - 24th seed
Luffy - 324 points - 9th seed
Valmaster - 18 points - 40th seed
Pro Fluke - 26 points - 37th seed
Infexious - 32 points - 36th seed
Imstilldadaddy - 14 points- 47th seed

FV Cup

Dark Jiewa - 139 points - 16th seed
Bonchan - 124 points - 17th seed
Humanbomb - 90 points - 19th seed
Tonpy - 72 points - 23rd seed
Shiro - 37 points - 31st seed
Chuan - 34 points - 34th seed
Itazan - 10 points - 52nd seed
RB - 4 points - 79th seed
KOK - 6 points - 63rd seed
Kim1234 - 3 points - 85th seed
Gackt
Leslie
Gonzalez
GYRO

Everybody else be like "I need points" or "I don't think I have enough points yet". And then Luffy shows up with his 324 points and everybody looks at him and he's like "What?".

Despite all the people fussing about Vega's face I thought he actually looked pretty good in that versus screen :eek:
That said, he looks like he's roided up a bit in the torso.

Tripon

Everybody else be like "I need points" or "I don't think I have enough points yet". And then Luffy shows up with his 324 points and everybody looks at him and he's like "What?".

Luffy's playing for seeding at this point. Maintaining a top 8 seed means an easier first round opponent vs. facing like a Shiro, or Strider801 right off the bat.

Tripon

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/3fulmg/kazunokos_new_sponsor_jeff_suddarth_aka_zeveron/

The owner of Kazunoko's new sponser had some some shady shit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comm...new_sponsor_jeff_suddarth_aka_zeveron/cts3ol2

Angelicxx 30 points 7 hours ago

tl;dr he runs some anime con, invites friends to do some sort of LoL maid cafe. Riot blows that shit up and now cafe is insanely popular on social media. Dude tries to get ownership and force scummy contracts on the girls running it, gets turned down. Continues to harass for 2 months until they finally just quit the con and everything and now the dude goes around trying to shame the cafe out of its sponsors (nobody believes him). Since he failed and is out of the anime con game(?) hes now going into FGC and esports with Zeveron. All around grade A scumbag from what the post says.

Angelic is a /r/MvC3 mod and player.

notworksafe

Eh, anime cons are filled with drama loving no-lifers. Hell, cons in general are all about that. Main reason I'm glad our scene got out of that game. The money isn't worth the hassle and the people you have to deal with.

Top Bottom