• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 3-10 | Rising to the Occasion

Zissou

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";173943912]Since all the hoopleheads voted for kadey or yams, kadey voted for yams, yams voted for me and I voted for myself it looks like I win.

Expect monarchy.[/QUOTE]

One thing is for certain: there is no stopping you. And I for one welcome our new Jojo-loving overlord. I’d like to remind you that as a trusted FGW poster, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil away searching for those who slander your excellent taste in reasonably-priced Italian meals.

Oh my lord we're getting the SF2 cast again. My Urien dreams are dying.

1zVq7HE.jpg

I'm actually fine with Vega

Anne

I hate the hitstop a lot now.
Also good luck with school Enzo.

I can pretty much confirm they just edit the trailers to make the moves like they have more impact. There's not all that much hitstop in the build I played at Evo.

notworksafe

That’s right, he now has the ability to sheathe his claw during battle in exchange for new moves, such as a command grab, as well as new attack properties, greatly changing the way he approaches each fight. Knowing when to toggle between the two styles will be the key to success, and it also allows for new combo possibilities. Conversely, Vega will no longer be able to pick up his claw once it’s knocked off, so knowing how to fight without the claw is a must! Players who enjoy tricky movement and the technical challenge of switching between claw/no-claw fighting styles will definitely find the beauty in Vega’s play style.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofi...ish-ninja-claws-his-way-into-street-fighter-v

Okay this sounds cool

He actually looks pretty cool! But he'll probably be a character I certainly won't play lol.
I guess the leak lists can be disregarded now.

I can pretty much confirm they just edit the trailers to make the moves like they have more impact. There's not all that much hitstop in the build I played at Evo.

Trailers are cut specifically to promote a product to as large and casual of an audience as possible? Well who would have known that?
Probably everyone who actually spent time with the material that is being promoted.

Tripon

In surprised they revealed Vega with just a trailer. Why not at a trade show? They were just at China Joy.

Edit: Aldo, if we are getting Vegaz we pretty much confirmed Balrog and Sagat for the initial cast.

Zissou

So far we've got
SFII: 5 reps (ryu, chun, dic, claw, cammy)
Alpha: 2 reps (nash, birdie)
New: 1

That's nearly half the initial roster. Surprised they announced Vega barely 2 weeks after the Necali reveal. I wonder how they'll keep up PR momentum with that kind of reveal spacing.

jbug617

Banned
So far we've got

That's nearly half the initial roster. Surprised they announced Vega barely 2 weeks after the Necali reveal. I wonder how they'll keep up PR momentum with that kind of reveal spacing.

i expect at least 2 reveals for TGS

phaonaut

Definitely an interesting take on Vega.

- Loss of claw is permanent
- 2 stances
- Command Throw
-New dodge move has a follow up
-Projectile (also air version, they show in the video him canceling a wall dive into V-Trigger, thats huge against projectile characters)

The range on his claw doesn't look that great though.

Fans attending Gamescom this week will be able to experience the character first hand on the show floor at the Sony booth, so be sure to stop by!

Nice, means more footage soon.

So far we've got

You forgot Ken. We know 9 out of 16 now. 7 left.

Seyavesh

vega being in is a good way to determine what the walkspeed is gonna be like in the final product 'cuz that's one of his biggest traits

if it's slower than sf4 then it's time to riot imo

SamVimes

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";173943912]Since all the hoopleheads voted for kadey or yams, kadey voted for yams, yams voted for me and I voted for myself it looks like I win.

Expect monarchy.[/QUOTE]
$30 italian thread

I remember a while ago people were posting some crazy op shit from a game featuring Saber from fate/stay night, what's the title?

Also thanks for the threads so far Enzo!

mbpm1

Definitely an interesting take on Vega.

- Loss of claw is permanent
- 2 stances
- Command Throw
-New dodge move has a follow up
-Projectile (also air version, they show in the video him canceling a wall dive into V-Trigger, thats huge against projectile characters)

The range on his claw doesn't look that great though.

They're making stubbier normals in general I think. Which is kinda sad for me with characters like Vega.

Where are you getting the stances/loss of claw info from?

vega being in is a good way to determine what the walkspeed is gonna be like in the final product 'cuz that's one of his biggest traits

if it's slower than sf4 then it's time to riot imo

People have been saying the walkspeed is pretty good outside of Bison or Nash though I think

Zissou

You forgot Ken. We know 9 out of 16 now. 7 left.

Ahh, yeah- my bad.

People are claiming characters are reps of their debut game (not counting SF1, haha), but I wonder how much of it will just be putting mostly characters present in SF4 in the game since SF4 was many people's introduction to the series.

phaonaut

They're making stubbier normals in general I think. Which is kinda sad for me with characters like Vega.

Where are you getting the stances/loss of claw info from?

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofi...ish-ninja-claws-his-way-into-street-fighter-v

Possessing his trademark speed and quickness, Vega now has access to two distinct fighting modes: with claw and without claw.

That’s right, he now has the ability to sheathe his claw during battle in exchange for new moves, such as a command grab, as well as new attack properties, greatly changing the way he approaches each fight. Knowing when to toggle between the two styles will be the key to success, and it also allows for new combo possibilities. Conversely, Vega will no longer be able to pick up his claw once it’s knocked off, so knowing how to fight without the claw is a must!

Thanks Enzo for all the OTs. I hope you know that if you give power to God's Beard, this may end up becoming the JoJo's fighting game weekly.

Tripon

Ahh, yeah- my bad.

People are claiming characters are reps of their debut game (not counting SF1, haha), but I wonder how much of it will just be putting mostly characters present in SF4 in the game since SF4 was many people's introduction to the series.
I can see why. None of the characters are taking inspiration from their SF I rendition.

So far we've got

There is story and other modes left to reveal.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Variety is a spice of life. Not a big fan of Vega but at least he seems a lot more different than the boring Vega of previous games.

Take a look through the SF encyclopedia and you can see so many characters that have a possibility of getting in. I want Hinata in.

^ Those people were probably never going to stick with the game anyway. And I bet they'll still buy it.

mbpm1

So

V-Skill: Matador Turn
Vega swiftly dodges the opponent’s incoming attack and chooses whether to launch a quick counterattack that knocks them down or not.

Vega's got a counter now too

ShinMaruku

Today is a great day. That dumb ass megaman lenegds game failed kickstarter, capcom blew out the rumor about Karen and R Mika. Victory.

alstein

Wow, Vega's V-Skill is a KOF-style dodge. This char looks like he's gonna be mad annoying but I suspect anti-Vega tech will get found quickly.

V-Trigger looks like a 2nd Super and not an install, which is nice as well.

Top Bottom