• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 3-10 | Rising to the Occasion

Wallach

Thanks. Don't see many people using buttons to move on a stick instead of the stick.
The PC scene bursting with it since it's closer to keyboards?

I just bought one and had it arrive this week, thing's fantastic. I own a couple other arcade sticks as well, but I won't be using them anymore.

Numb

I just bought one and had it arrive this week, thing's fantastic. I own a couple other arcade sticks as well, but I won't be using them anymore.

That good huh? Can't figure out how i should use it well tho. Been rocking the same TE S for years and will upgrade to a PC/PS4 one later.

El Sloth

Banned
Thanks. Don't see many people using buttons to move on a stick instead of the stick.
The PC scene bursting with it since it's closer to keyboards?
No clue actually. I imagine most people don't even know they exist.

Wouldn't be a bad idea for the guy to go on a marketing blitz come PC SFV and get a bunch of the PC personalities to try them out and use it on their streams.

Numb

No clue actually. I imagine most people don't even know they exist.

Wouldn't be a bad idea for the guy to go on a marketing blitz come PC SFV and get a bunch of the PC personalities to try them out and use it on their streams.

He seems to have enjoyed himself alot and i can see alot of PC guys who don't much about fighters trying it if TB pushes it. Something only he can do for sure. Seems excited for SFV and could be great timing.

Then the PC players come and take the FGCs money but will give us eSports status. Never gonna happen. Any of these.

Clawww

they're quite intuitive. I'd recommend a hitbox just as much as a stick to beginners, even. they're not common, though and it's the kind of thing I imagine people would want to try before buying

Feels like someone here just wanted to post me. Aren't they usually posts from people complaining about a game they lose in, or something? I don't even play Killer Instinct. I was just responding to CRQ in the Smash thread.

Anyway, I can't feel bad if someone is upset about me calling KI out for having a shit mechanic.

FUCKING CALLED IT
Nah, you thought it would be about the dashes. ;)

Manbig

Feels like someone here just wanted to post me. Aren't they usually posts from people complaining about a game they lose in, or something? I don't even play Killer Instinct. I was just responding to CRQ in the Smash thread.

Anyway, I can't feel bad if someone is upset about me calling KI out for having a shit mechanic.

Except for the part where you are 100% wrong about no visual indicators and the lack of a mindgame since there's a counter breaker mechanic.

100% deserved on that one.

Except for the part where you are 100% wrong about no visual indicators and the lack of a mindgame since there's a counter breaker mechanic.

100% deserved on that one.
TACs have a counter breaker parallel. That doesn't make it a mindgame. The visual indicator, from what I have read, is only reactable for heavies. Still a shit mechanic. A minigame within a combo.

Even if I were wrong, being wrong about a game mechanic doesn't make you a scrub, or mean you have a scrub mentality.

somebody send the two button dash quotes

get on that Beef
Yes please.

I ended up on Scrub Quotes too don't worry :p
You are such a caring person, Blackule. I am not worried, though. The only things that worry me in life are those that could make me fail my wife as a provider. I worry about things like putting on a good face at work and making sure everyone likes me. I don't worry about a random Twitter account calling me out, or r/kappa making fun of my failed kickstarter attempt.

Also, I want a milkshake, and am trying to manipulate my wife into wanting one...

You are such a caring person, Blackule. I am not worried, though. The only things that worry me in life are those that could make me fail my wife as a provider. I worry about things like putting on a good face at work and making sure everyone likes me. I don't worry about a random Twitter account calling me out, or r/kappa making fun of my failed kickstarter attempt.

Also, I want a milkshake, and am trying to manipulate my wife into wanting one...

fuck a milkshake, new Dre just dropped

OH SHIT I FORGOT TIME TO COP

image.php
<- Everyone

Manbig

TACs have a counter breaker parallel. That doesn't make it a mindgame. The visual indicator, from what I have read, is only reactable for heavies. Still a shit mechanic. A minigame within a combo.

Even if I were wrong, being wrong about a game mechanic doesn't make you a scrub, or mean you have a scrub mentality.

Yes please.

Wrong again. If you actually played the game for 10 minutes, you would have known this, but you didn't and still chose to speak in an authoritative matter, hence being perfect scrub quote bait.

Autos are easy to counter because they are two hits. You just need to learn the animations and build up the muscle memory for each match up and that eliminates the low level players from ever being able to combo you.

The game has manuals, which are basically like links, which make you combo hits much harder to break, but the heavy hits here are still reactable. Using the light and medium attacks for this are FAR less rewarding as far as damage goes too.

The change up comes when you start to do things like throwing out easy to counter heavies to bait obvious counters, but if they don't take that bait, they get hit by a much harder combo since the heavies are connecting.

You know, mind games.

Wrong again. If you actually played the game for 10 minutes, you would have known this, but you didn't and still chose to speak in an authoritative matter, hence being perfect scrub quote bait.

Autos are easy to counter because they are two hits. You just need to learn the animations and build up the muscle memory for each match up and that eliminates the low level players from ever being able to counter you.

The game has manuals, which are basically like links, which make you combo hits much harder to break, but the heavy hits here are still reactable. Using the light and medium attacks for this are FAR less rewarding as far as damage goes too.

The change up comes when you start to do things like throwing out easy to counter heavies to bait obvious counters, but if they don't take that bait, they get hit by a much harder combo since the heavies are connecting.

You know, mind games.
The change up comes when you start to do things like TAC down to bait the obvious up TAC, but if they don't take the bait, they get hit by a much harder combo since you have an extra bar of meter.

You know, mind games.

Derp.

shaowebb

I feel ya on that one...I'm a fairly liberal dude in WV in a backwoods mountain fucking town surrounded by misogynistic rednecks who I've already reported before for racist shit. I'm the smart guy who takes things seriously in a workplace that has literally devconned dildoes into million dollar pieces of industrial equipment to repair leaks. Its torturous.

I'm looking for a better life, but its hard being the provider and being forced to suck it up and deal with assholes to insure the paycheck is secured. Its not easy having to try and be liked in a place you can't stand. Honestly, lately I just don't give a damn anymore. They come at me with their bullshit and I don't even play the game anymore. I just unload on em and call em out. Let em hate me if they want to. I'd rather be damned for being myself than succumb to these fuckers.

/rant.

Anyhow I feel ya. I'm gonna go hit some Ben and Jerry's. Fuck work. Fuck fitting in. I'm a grown ass man who can eat icecream in power rangers tshirts and defend my gay and black friends if I fucking want to.

Time for a vacation and for some serious fucking job hunting.

Better get it soon because in 8 minutes Trump is gonna drink all our milkshakes and it'll be glorious.

Manbig

The change up comes when you start to do things like TAC down to bait the obvious up TAC, but if they don't take the bait, they get hit by a much harder combo since you have an extra bar of meter.

You know, mind games.

Derp.

TAC is a straight forward 3 way guessing game with no layers. It's a binary choice. Even then though, it is still a mind game. Glad you agree with me.

Killer Instinct's attack damage/speeds, manuals, breakers, and counter breakers allows it to make it a multi layered guessing game.

scrub quotes should sponsor players
Scrubs?

I feel ya on that one...I'm a fairly liberal dude in WV in a backwoods mountain fucking town surrounded by misogynistic rednecks who I've already reported before for racist shit. I'm the smart guy who takes things seriously in a workplace that has literally devconned dildoes into million dollar pieces of industrial equipment to repair leaks. Its torturous.

I'm looking for a better life, but its hard being the provider and being forced to suck it up and deal with assholes to insure the paycheck is secured. Its not easy having to try and be liked in a place you can't stand. Honestly, lately I just don't give a damn anymore. They come at me with their bullshit and I don't even play the game anymore. I just unload on em and call em out. Let em hate me if they want to. I'd rather be damned for being myself than succumb to these fuckers.

/rant.

Anyhow I feel ya. I'm gonna go hit some Ben and Jerry's. Fuck work. Fuck fitting in. I'm a grown ass man who can eat icecream in power rangers tshirts and defend my gay and black friends if I fucking want to.

Time for a vacation and for some serious fucking job hunting.
You put a big smile on my face reading this. I hope you have the fuel to keep that fire going!

What is "devconned"?

I have to talk to so many students about using "gay" as a derogatory term. Still waiting for a parent to flip out at me. I am in very good graces with my just-promoted boss, though, so I think it would turn out okay...

Better get it soon because in 8 minutes Trump is gonna drink all our milkshakes and it'll be glorious.
Crap. I should hurry.

TAC is a straight forward 3 way guessing game with no layers. It's a binary choice. Even then though, it is still a mind game. Glad you agree with me.

Killer Instinct's attack damage/speeds, manuals, breakers, and counter breakers allows it to make it a multi layered guessing game.
To quote a great fighting game mind:
"TACs are mind games in the same way that Twilight is literature."

Guessing games are not mind games, by the way. I completely agree that TACs and combo breakers are guessing games. That is why they suck. :)

Thank you for agreeing with me.

Top Bottom