• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 3-10 | Rising to the Occasion

Numb

Ya, it's like FADC on crack with how fast meter building is in this game. Plus the benefits on hit are so much better than SF4 as well.

I already hate FADC enough just glad it hasn't adopted all of it's properties.
Some people(chel,edge) never use it anywhere outside of making their DP safe on block. And you can bet they will get both meters full in every round with how fast that thing charges. turning unsafe blocked DPs into offense or cross-ups. Crazy.

Dahbomb

Obviously this is an alpha and things could change, but Rising Thunder seems like it will be dumber than SF4 by a fair margin
I already said something to that effect earlier on. Was a bit bummed out by it when I first started playing it but it's an Aplha so hopefully a lot of things are changed.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
there was the curry dbz gif like almost every page for a while

Come on lol, it wasn't that bad. It would probably be one for every 10-15 pages and I only started using that cause of Onemic. I don't even remember the last time (besides this one) I used it, maybe 2-3 weeks ago.

You best learn how rates work before med school.

Oh believe me, I do Karsy.

Bruh, you're going to med school and you don't know how rates work?

Kars handing out Ls now. D=

Edit: or are you a programmer? =P

Programmer Boyz in the building tonight.

he's the infiltration of the real world.

I'll infiltrate you.

Yams I hope you can write yourself out of this "if X happsn, then take L" loop

Inb4 I'm stopped from saying hold dat L kappa.

Dahbomb

MGS isn't anime man. He fights and stands against everything anime.
Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-Screenshot-Gamescom-2015-6.jpg

Jintor

So I played a little pokken fighters and dengeki bunko in shibuya yesterday

I was kinda surprised how much I enjoyed dengeki bunko actually.

Beckx

I've only beaten the first metal gear solid. I don't think I'll get around to finishing the other ones.

Oh

you're missing the photo shoots with the "beauties"

the dating game with the underage activist

the sniper who fights in a bikini

you're probably making the right call here.

I still need to finish Peace Walker HD. Also haven't played GZ (heard the PS3 version was bad).

PW is really good. Basically MGSxMonster Hunter. I didn't know I wanted it until I played it. Still prefer Monster Hunter. Fulton everything!
GZ is quite interesting. Get the PS4 version. Kinda like the GranTurismo Prologue but worth trying for the control scheme and kinda nice way to merge the gameplay of PW and MGS4.

Where's my metal gear fighting game
Wii Smash.

Actually I really liked it when Old Snake fought old Ocelot. Trading hits were brutal.

Oh

you're missing the photo shoots with the "beauties" - optional I skipped it.

the dating game with the underage activist - optional. I don't think you unlock anything except creepyness.

the sniper who fights in a bikini -opti.... As long as she can hit a target 600m away, I won't see her and neither will the enemy.

you're probably making the right call here.

Don't ruin this series for me Beckx!

LegatoB

So I played a little pokken fighters and dengeki bunko in shibuya yesterday

I was kinda surprised how much I enjoyed dengeki bunko actually.
Dengeki's a good game. Fun and simple. Could use some more variety in character types (aesthetic and mechanical).

Crocodile

Ok I'm sure MiniBossBattle is an awesome person and father IRL but he's got to be approaching joke character status online if he's seriously trying to claim Metal Gear Solid isn't "anime".

That or he's trolling us and having fun :p

But that schtick is getting a bit old :p

Beats

anyone know where I can find current match footage for Pokken? Something like those video links Tizoc posts would be cool if there's any of that.

Top Bottom