• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 3-10 | Rising to the Occasion

AAK

Virtua Fighter
/Oneida
Question:

When fighting Jean... Are you basically screwed if he does his b,f+P+K? If I block it he gets the free 5 hit JF string guaranteed, and if they don't go for the JF string, I'm guard broken and he gets a free d/f+K,K too. So how exactly do you deal with this move unless you guess right and duck or SS? Am I supposed to be able to react to it?

Lulubop

Can you watch the dota thing on Steam or something? I would think it'd have much more viewers. It's not much more than evo, on Twitch any.

kirblar

Enzo, this is why you announce in advance and work out a plan.

(I can't do it long-term, but might be able to do this weeks since there's nothing to do Sunday but make fun of TD.)

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
This talk about community, placentas and GB's full reign of terror...

cSyHoGN.gif

It really seems like we've been waiting forever for T x SF.

I hope it's worth it.

For DOTA or LoL to appeal to me they would of have to came out atleast when Age of Empires was released back in the day. lol Back when I actually cared about anything PC related besides Unreal Tournament.

Kumubou

Virtua Fighter
/Oneida
Question:

When fighting Jean... Are you basically screwed if he does his b,f+P+K? If I block it he gets the free 5 hit JF string guaranteed, and if they don't go for the JF string, I'm guard broken and he gets a free d/f+K,K too. So how exactly do you deal with this move unless you guess right and duck or SS? Am I supposed to be able to react to it?
It does have 24 frames of startup, so it's not unheard of to react to it. It's mainly designed to punish players who are passively blocking without doing something else. Remember, you can fuzzy guard (although this move can blow up fuzzy guard as well, due to how slow it is) and do stuff like ECDCG (evade-crouch dash cancel-guard) to beat it (and a lot of other stuff). It's also slow and high, so even at very high disadvantage it'll lose to a lot of stuff (even at -9, it'll lose to an elbow) and at lower disadvantages it'll lose to nearly anything. So at lower disadvantages, you could fuzzy guard and then kind of OS a 2P afterwards (or a better high crush, if you have one) where you block something like an elbow or faster launcher, but still get under the guard crush.

Can you watch the dota thing on Steam or something? I would think it'd have much more viewers. It's not much more than evo, on Twitch any.
Dota 2 has a built-in game viewer, with commentary and everything. It also doesn't constantly buffer like Twitch does.

It's about 2-3x more than EVO

300k main twitch stream
4k newcomer stream
150k ingame stream
I'm actually surprised it's this close -- are any of the rebroadcasts (for, say, South Korea or China) not on Twitch? I think they may also be hurt because this is happening at such a bad time for people in that part of the world.

Rean

It really seems like we've been waiting forever for T x SF.

I hope it's worth it.

For DOTA or LoL to appeal to me they would of have to came out atleast when Age of Empires was released back in the day. lol Back when I actually cared about anything PC related besides Unreal Tournament.
I'm just interested in knowing more about it. I thought we'd get it before they made another mainline Tekken, but thats not the case.

I'm actually surprised it's this close -- are any of the rebroadcasts (for, say, South Korea or China) not on Twitch? I think they may also be hurt because this is happening at such a bad time for people in that part of the world.

because it's not that close, there's 2.7+ million viewers not counting the ingame client or theater/TV broadcasts

edit: almost 3.2 million peak for game 2

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Virtua Fighter
/Oneida
Question:

do this

record CPU:
P,K 6P
P,K throw
P,K 46P+K

playback random

let P,K hit you

fuzzy guard 6P/Throw
tap down as soon as you see 46P+K

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Enzo, this is why you announce in advance and work out a plan.

(I can't do it long-term, but might be able to do this weeks since there's nothing to do Sunday but make fun of TD.)
I thought about it, since I had it planned for months now, but I thought 7 days would be enough for people to co-ordinate & figure out what changes exactly.

I even took it out of OP so people would read it, but the thread mostly just continued as is lol

Beckx

I thought about it, since I had it planned for months now, but I thought 7 days would be enough for people to co-ordinate & figure out what changes exactly.

I even took it out of OP so people would read it, but the thread mostly just continued as is lol

This is your legacy

this is the thread that will continue for 200 pages

Top Bottom