• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 3-10 | Rising to the Occasion

jerry1594

cSyHoGN.gif
cSyHoGN.gif

Tripon

Have you tried it on a stick? So much easier to do Kara Cancels
Don't have a PS4 stick yet. Waiting until have a full time job so I can feel comfortable having enough cash to spend stuff.

Still, you are right. I don't feel comfortable enough to do it on a pad, and I'm not sure I ever well.

http://www.trackdota.com/matches/1697818230

(it actually does include the ingame client, I was mistaken on that)

game 3 peaked at 4.6 million, I guess China fully woke up

So those crazy numbers from Douyu are actually real? I know the country has over 1 billion people but do they really like watching video game streams more than the rest of the world combined?

That Chinese CPT tournament from last week was showing over 100k the whole time. Which is crazy because I've never seen a FG tournament outside of EVO do that on Twitch.

If you guys don't decide who's taking over by tonight I'm withdrawing my candidacy. I don't like having to wait till the last minute to write an OT.

notworksafe

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";174746097]If you guys don't decide who's taking over by tonight I'm withdrawing my candidacy. I don't like having to wait till the last minute to write an OT.[/QUOTE]

Save us please

Dahbomb

To all those people who said USA can't win a game that the rest of the world gives a fuck about (you know who you are!)....

USA JUST WON IN DOTA 2!!!!

60792521.jpg

HOLD DAT FUCKING L!!!!!!

/SupersaiyanNBAguy.gif (Just pretend it's here because Shouta doesn't want it in here)

Lulubop

To all those people who said USA can't win a game that the rest of the world gives a fuck about (you know who you are!)....

USA JUST WON IN DOTA 2!!!!

60792521.jpg

HOLD DAT FUCKING L!!!!!!

/SupersaiyanNBAguy.gif (Just pretend it's here because Shouta doesn't want it in here)

i heard us players just dont train like asian players tho its cultural

that shit was boring as fuck tho. I tried.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
FGW | Can you smell what the midwife is cookin?

This.

Got it to 1/2 success rate? Had to remap ky buttons, with throw being R1, so I can just press medium kick instead of 3 buttons. Seems easier.

I can't even do it 1/10 times, that's how difficult it is for me. The way I was taught was to use standing short with Rolento and just quickly go for the grab input. Sadly, my thumb isn't fast enough ;_:

Now that I think about it, I might try using another normal and see if that works. I can plink every now and then so its not that bad. I need consistency so I think arcade sticks might be the next step for me since I don't want to reconfigure my inputs.

Zissou

Didn't we already vote GB in?

I watched GF of the international- it was OK, but it was kinda sterile, I guess? Viewership during GF was hovering around 300k- kinda crazy that it's not that far above evo even with all the valve cash.

Dahbomb

I watched GF of the international- it was OK, but it was kinda sterile, I guess? Viewership during GF was hovering around 300k- kinda crazy that it's not that far above evo even with all the valve cash.
There are like 2 other streams like the Russian and Chinese one. The Russian one gets a lot of viewers as well. I think it was closer to 500K both streams combined.

Even with that cash, view bots don't come cheap.

Tripon

God Beard can do the thread, and if he becomes corrupt with power, we will depose him as fitting as we depose false idols.

Zissou

There are like 2 other streams like the Russian and Chinese one. The Russian one gets a lot of viewers as well. I think it was closer to 500K both streams combined.

Do you know evo's peak numbers across all streams on finals day offhand?

smurfx

get some go again
new thread should just have any relevant stream info and should add new streams as they pop up. no need for player spotlight or any other feature that requires too much time. i vote for panda to take over seeing as how he is always trying to make major threads.

Tripon

new thread should just have any relevant stream info and should add new streams as they pop up. no need for player spotlight or any other feature that requires too much time. i vote for panda to take over seeing as how he is always trying to make major threads.
Panda hasn't even been around lately. And I don't think he's even nominated himself since Enzo stepped down.
Edit; I'm fine with the player spotlight being a monthly thing or something. No need to for Enzo, GB or anyone else have to hustle for a new person each week.

Also it should have five different love heart symbols in the title. One for each of the current EVO fighting games.

Kumubou

Do you know evo's peak numbers across all streams on finals day offhand?

I'll be honest -- I don't trust those Chinese stream numbers one bit. Hell, in the past it was pretty common for Twitch's viewer numbers to be doctored (more by viewbots and shenanigans like what Riot was doing with the LoL client years back). However, I think saying "yeah a lot of people in China would watch a big Dota 2 tournament" isn't a huge stretch. :p

Top Bottom