• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 1-7 | Guest characters are banned

Laconic

Banned
The good thing for all of us "late adopters"/day one buyers, is we shall have had all of the gritty details discovered, in case the unthinkable happens, and one version is worse in play.

Pretty much everything I thought about the game "looking weird" went away now that I'm watching it on Twitch in 60fps instead of Youtube in 30fps

Kumubou

I feel like the only anime player who isn't that interested in Xrd. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that even now, I'm not at all sure who I would play, as while I played a fair amount of XX and #R way back when, I never really had a main. Tried playing about half the cast to roughly zero success. That and given the time I can spend on fighting games nowadays, I feel like I would only get up to speed around the time Xrd+whatever gets released. :\

https://twitter.com/fubarduck/status/540311971808022528

In Xrd, seems that the default is on 30 fps since the options are set to quality priority instead of processing.

I put this at the start just in case, so I haven't compared to the two myself yet. But this is important.
I can't wait for an important match at a tournament to be completely screwed up by the fact that the game was running at 30fps. D:

Lemstar

I feel like the only anime player who isn't that interested in Xrd. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that even now, I'm not at all sure who I would play, as while I played a fair amount of XX and #R way back when, I never really had a main. Tried playing about half the cast to roughly zero success. That and given the time I can spend on fighting games nowadays, I feel like I would only get up to speed around the time Xrd+whatever gets released.
old man

My thirst for Xrd is too real

I thought I'd be able to resist, but nope, here I am setting up a gameshare with other local players...

https://twitter.com/fubarduck/status/540311971808022528

In Xrd, seems that the default is on 30 fps since the options are set to quality priority instead of processing.

I put this at the start just in case, so I haven't compared to the two myself yet. But this is important.

I can understand why but it's kinda shitty :/

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
have you been playing Destiny? Haven't seen you mention it at all

ib1krIcZo4n1O9.gif

petghost

Banned
I feel like the only anime player who isn't that interested in Xrd. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that even now, I'm not at all sure who I would play, as while I played a fair amount of XX and #R way back when, I never really had a main. Tried playing about half the cast to roughly zero success. That and given the time I can spend on fighting games nowadays, I feel like I would only get up to speed around the time Xrd+whatever gets released. :

My hype is pretty minimal as well mainly cuz I'm slightly annoyed at the new mechanics and the fact that everyone got reverted to some alternate history #r sequel type state. still gonna buy it though and happy that people are excited about gg.

Rahn

Neo Member
Im confused, I dont see a 3000 PSN card for HK accts. Do the japanese psn cards work with HK accts?

Could you elaborate?

It's less talking heads like previous Arc games, has much more actual moving cutscenes and camera shots.

Basically it's as well produced as the previous high mark of story modes in MK9/Injustice, but with a lot more humor and appealing aesthetics.

Also none of that pesky gameplay getting in the way of the movie.

Anne

I'd have posted it, but I figured that you didn't because you didn't want a repeat of what happened with the Damosu kusoge video.

I actually almost posted it, because the Millia Evernote is just this video, but I wanted to see how long it would take you guys to find it.

fader

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";141543229]Anybody else going to Capcom Cup this weekend? I know the spots.[/QUOTE]

its the 13th

Astarte

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";141543229]Anybody else going to Capcom Cup this weekend? I know the spots.[/QUOTE]

Isn't capcom cup next week? o3o

It's less talking heads like previous Arc games, has much more actual moving cutscenes and camera shots.

Basically it's as well produced as the previous high mark of story modes in MK9/Injustice, but with a lot more humor and appealing aesthetics.

Also none of that pesky gameplay getting in the way of the movie.

Oh that, I agree it makes it feel much better. The move to 3d really helped the story mode.

According to this the VIP and premium seats are gone. I'm sure there are plenty of the Balcony seats but if you planned on going and wanted better seats then you missed out on it. I'm glad to see that the first two are gone already. Shows that people are excited about attending/supporting this event. Hopefully the last Balcony seats sell out as well before the day of the event.

fader

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";141544801]This week, next week, what's the difference? It's all balls on the edge of a cliff anyway.

Even if I did go on the wrong day it's a ten minute walk from my apartment lol[/QUOTE]

are you serious? lol

Azure J

My launch PS4 has gone unused for about 9 months.

mines get used to play movies off of netflix

I feel so bad for admitting to this but pretty much the same situation here. Part of it is my fault though since I've been extraordinarily broke between school and finding a new job. I've pretty much tightened the wallet up in ways I never expected.

I've missed a ton on the PSN indie side of things this year. Xrd is probably going to wind up my first retail purchase on the system.

This image is already doing some amazing rounds on FGC-Twitter & Anime Twitter.

I feel so bad for admitting to this but pretty much the same situation here. Part of it is my fault though since I've been extraordinarily broke between school and finding a new job. I've pretty much tightened the wallet up in ways I never expected.

I've missed a ton on the PSN indie side of things this year. Xrd is probably going to wind up my first retail purchase on the system.
It is no big deal for me. I bought my Wii U at launch for Smash, my PS3 6 months before the release of Marvel, and I bought my PS4 on release for GGXrd. I know good games will always come. I just need one future purchase to justify it.

Kimosabae

Banned
I'm kinda confused are people playing Xrd or not? And on which system and from which country?

I have a PS4, but I may just get it on PS3. How is it?

Azure J

It is no big deal for me. I bought my Wii U at launch for Smash, my PS3 6 months before the release of Marvel, and I bought my PS4 on release for GGXrd. I know good games will always come. I just need one future purchase to justify it.

In the case of PS4, I was caught up in that "yo this is going to be PS2 2.0 isn't it" hype and jumped on immediately once I had the disposable income. I learned the hard way what happens when you miss a train ride like that (went the entire PS2/Xbox/GCN gen with just the GCN despite pining for a ton of releases on the PS2) and I guess once the opportunity presented itself, I just went all in expecting crazy from the jump at retail. I don't feel any ways about letting consoles sit until games come out to play, but the large majority of the year I've been feeling bad that it's essentially a Netflix station. :lol

Rime, Abzu & No Man's Sky/Journey PS4 should have been out sooner at the least.

Funny though that as soon as I do that, the Wii U decides to blindside everyone with games.

Well someone on dustloop said this.

I guess it just slows down during certain stages or attacks? Online is set to speed mode automatically so I guess it isn't too much of an issue. PS3 users just need to check options before they start playing.

I'm kinda confused are people playing Xrd or not? And on which system and from which country?

I have a PS4, but I may just get it on PS3. How is it?

The japanese version is out on PSN right now PS3 and PS4. It has been patched with the english localization in its entirity.

sikvod00

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";141544801]This week, next week, what's the difference? It's all balls on the edge of a cliff anyway.

Even if I did go on the wrong day it's a ten minute walk from my apartment lol[/QUOTE]

I'll be coming from FL.
I heard the area around Warfield theater is shady. How true is this? Do I need an adult? :eek:

I feel like the only anime player who isn't that interested in Xrd. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that even now, I'm not at all sure who I would play, as while I played a fair amount of XX and #R way back when, I never really had a main. Tried playing about half the cast to roughly zero success. That and given the time I can spend on fighting games nowadays, I feel like I would only get up to speed around the time Xrd+whatever gets released. :\
You aren't

I'm sure I could find a main if I were to pick up a PS4 for the game, but I'm not going to spend $450+ for a single game where I don't have someone I'll DEFINITELY use. As for the PS3 version... I lost all interest in buying retail games when they won't be playable on successor consoles.

Top Bottom