• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 1-7 | Guest characters are banned

smurfx

get some go again
Just as expected.

Why are Ryu and Chun fighting? They are supposed to be making love by now. WTF Capcom.
foreplay? haggar being in the game might be hard unless they cut one of the known grapplers. i'm willing to sacrifice honda, t-hawk and abel. hopefully capcom doesn't let the roster leak this time and we can have some fun with character reveals.

notworksafe

I agree, but I think Capcom can leverage this to make it more lucrative for themselves, because they don't appear to see the advantage in lowering the barrier of entry to astronomically increase the number of people playing.

Ono himself has said that more players is a good thing

“If you look at fighting games as a competitive sport, one might say the more players, the better. Going F2P lowers the hurdle of needing money to start, which I believe is one the ideal parts about it,” Ono expresses.
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/2...ing-game-profits-and-hints-a-new-darkstalker/

Dahbomb

Really doubt something bigger than SFV is going to come out for fighting games this weekend. That thread title is as good as done.

Coda

Birdie would be hype, but his popularity is probably really low. Don't really understand why. He's so cool...

sfa1-birdie.gif

Riposte

I almost made a thread called "New Street FighterII V screenshots" with nothing but pictures of the anime in the OP.

I don't want to be a junior though.

BTW, I think the new logo looks great.

smurfx

get some go again
i just thought of something pretty bad. what if microsoft ends up buying exclusivity for marvel vs capcom 4? that would really, really suck.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bish and various tweets in the SFV thread teasing even bigger announcements this weekend.

Game Awards today and Playstation Experience tomorrow. Will GAF's servers hold?

Will Combo/haunts be at NEC?

.la1n

i just thought of something pretty bad. what if microsoft ends up buying exclusivity for marvel vs capcom 4? that would really, really suck.

If it meant that the game would actually exist vs it's current likelihood I don't see how anyone could be angry.

Then again here we are with anger over SF V and previously Bayonetta 2 so I guess people will get angry over anything. Logical or not.

Anth0ny

I'd just be happy Marvel 4 exists and buy whatever is necessary to play it.

Bayonetta 2 syndrome.

smurfx

get some go again
If it meant that the game would actually exist vs it's current likelihood I don't see how anyone could be angry.

Then again here we are with anger over SF V and previously Bayonetta 2 so I guess people will get angry over anything. Logical or not.
with the way ms has been dropping the price of the xb1 then it would probably be like a 100 dollars by the time it launched so it wouldn't hurt that bad to get it just for mvc4.

Azure J

Depending on the roster and how a Marvel 4 would play I'd be in Anthony's situation. I still only have this 360 because of Ultimate, especially now that Bayonetta made the Wii U her stomping grounds.

smurfx

get some go again
Bish and various tweets in the SFV thread teasing even bigger announcements this weekend.

Game Awards today and Playstation Experience tomorrow. Will GAF's servers hold?

Will Combo/haunts be at NEC?
what did bish say? and in what thread?

Venfayth

Given how big the Marvel license is now, you guys really think it will happen? There's no way. Not in the state Capcom is in.

smurfx

get some go again
Given how big the Marvel license is now, you guys really think it will happen? There's no way. Not in the state Capcom is in.
well it would be microsoft paying for everything so capcom wouldn't have to worry about the costs in my scenario.

Azure J

On another note, I dunno if Karst or the regular Smash theory crew is around, but after seeing that "Is Smash 4 competitive" thread and remembering my bullet list of changes I'd like to see to the game's core engine, I was struck with an idea that might be interesting for "fixing" air dodges. Karst's argument for limiting the number of air dodges (it'd immediately buff zoners, Duck Hunt Dog specifically, like crazy) was sound, so what if instead of a limit on the number of them you could pull off, they cut the active time/duration of the dodges altogether?

Another tangentially related idea would be to make each subsequent dodge per time in the air have half as much active time as the previous successful dodge to encourage less "mash it out" from characters recovering.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why wouldn't it happen? Can you name a bigger selling Marvel video game franchise than MvC4? And Capcom and Marvel are on good terms.

Just because it's not happening now doesn't mean it won't happen.

Top Bottom