• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 1-7 | Guest characters are banned

Coda

the majority of the FGC plays on consoles so it doesn't really matter if it's on pc. hopefully pc and ps4 people will be able to play each other.

The PC version may be really solid, but it just always feels right playing fighters on console. That's nostalgia talking for me though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
what did bish say? and in what thread?
b4X6VAx.gif

What a great morning. This weekend is going to kill the servers.
Screen_Shot_2014_12_05_at_11_09_45_AM.png

8ball_SignsPointToYes.jpg

As Bish stated, the weekend is really going to test the NeoGaf servers. I think that speaks volumes too, honestly. :]

SFV is a pretty big deal as evidenced in the reactions in this thread. However, I can understand that not everyone is into fighting games. All the rumblings over the past few days about PSX seem to suggest there will be something for a lot of other people who aren't necessarily into SFV.
ibqIYeFEvIJuaP.GIF

Why wouldn't it happen? Can you name a bigger selling Marvel video game franchise than MvC4? And Capcom and Marvel are on good terms.

Just because it's not happening now doesn't mean it won't happen.
Does Disney care about console games outside Infinity and Battlefront 3?

fader

I think if they want to try to make SF5 more sustainable monetarily; they drop the roster down to 12 or so core characters (and sell the game for $30 or so), and then do a yearly balance patch + 4-6 character patch. Ultra did re-invigorate the scene, and I think the yearly balance changes will keep the game from getting too stale. You can add new characters bit by bit, and then release a full compilation every year on disc.

I'm admittedly not a fan of this, as this is a more expensive route; but Capcom is pretty hosed in terms of money it seems.

I feel like this is a viable solution for Capcom so we don't get Ultra Super Omega Arcade editions. Plus it keeps the game fresh for us and gives Capcom some revenue.

Why wouldn't it happen? Can you name a bigger selling Marvel video game franchise than MvC4? And Capcom and Marvel are on good terms.

Just because it's not happening now doesn't mean it won't happen.

I figured after their last contract Marvel left a sour taste in Capcom'm mouth.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Does Disney care about console games outside Infinity and Battlefront 3?
If it makes sense and cents, absolutely. See: Lego MSH last year. We have to remember most of the comments we've been getting from Disney/Marvel execs have been baloney from people who who aren't involved from those decisions.

Sayah

My fun dream expectations for SFV:

1. Sony has creative control b/c if Capcom introduces another game with a gem like feature......omg

2. Sony has control over DLC because Cashcom.

3. Sony does not try to push its mascots as guest characters in the game.

4. Sony handles anything involving spelling because of certain revelaitons I'm having.

5. Sony hires separate team to work on netcode because capcpom.

This is all assuming this title is made possible due to Sony involvement.

Im a casual SF fan and I'm so excited for this regardless of all the things that could go wrong.

Dahbomb

My fun dream expectations for SFV:

1. Sony has creative control b/c if Capcom introduces another game with a gem like feature......omg

2. Sony has control over DLC because Cashcom.

3. Sony does not try to push its mascots as guest characters in the game.

4. Sony handles anything involving spelling because of certain revelaitons I'm having.

5. Sony hires separate team to work on netcode because capcpom.

This is all assuming this title is made possible due to Sony involvement.

Im a casual SF fan and I'm so excited for this regardless of all the things that could go wrong.
Bro this is the same company that made PS All Stars... let's not give them TOO much credit here...

Sayah

Bro this is the same company that made PS All Stars... let's not give them TOO much credit here...
Oh yeah by creative control I should clarify I mean they overlook game features to ensure they are not absurd money making schemes integrated as a primary gameplay system (I.e
Gems). The technical aspects and gameplay intricacies should be left up to Dimps and Ono as director.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kind of wish that SF trailer didn't leak. It's pretty much perfectly set up for some OMG live reactions. Even if you kind of get those reactions anyways, would've been hype to see on stream.

kirblar

Kind of wish that SF trailer didn't leak. It's pretty much perfectly set up for some OMG live reactions. Even if you kind of get those reactions anyways, would've been hype to see on stream.
Yeah, especially since it seems as if it was the Capcom Cup reveal.

Dahbomb

Agreed. Also is it me or the hype for SFV not as great as one would've expected? Even with the exclusivity announce, it doesn't have that megaton touch on GAF(even though it is most definitely a fucking megaton).

Haven't posted in this thread in a while, hope fighting GAF has been staying strong! So many good fighting games still on the way, really excited for the next GG.

Just saw the SFV teaser, which made me want to post back in here. So hyped! Really surprised it's not going to be on XOne. Seems like newer fighters are making their ways to PC (SFV and Tekken 7), so there's not even that strong of an incentive for me to get a new console. Will most likely get a PS4 anyway in the future and buy on both platforms.

Tik-Tok

I woke up this morning grumpy cause I had a bad dream that my gf was talking to other dudes. Then I checked my phone and saw SF5 leak. Thats better than any other live stream reveal.

Rhapsody

Banned
Agreed. Also is it me or the hype for SFV not as great as one would've expected? Even with the exclusivity announce, it doesn't have that megaton touch on GAF(even though it is most definitely a fucking megaton).

It certainly caught us off guard at a weird time. I was excited, but hype kinda passed.

Really did wish it didn't get leaked.

one_kill

Well USF4 just came out, SFV is exclusive, not much was shown, it was leaked, and the teaser isn't as hype as SF4's was

Dahbomb

Well USF4 just came out, SFV is exclusive, not much was shown, it was leaked, and the teaser isn't as hype as SF4's was
Sounds about right minus the "SFV is exclusive" part. I would imagine if this wasn't exclusive it would have even less traffic.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's a megaton one way or another, but the exclusivity talk is a damper on all the other discussion or speculation, and that hurt the announcement. The announcement thread isn't full of speculation on the content of the trailer, a separate thread had to be made for that. And even that thread isn't that big.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=141768298&postcount=1229

If you don't mention sony to anger people and somehow embed the picture then what's the point?
Panda always coming thru.

WarRock

Yea more brilliant character designs like viper, elf, Abel, and rufus.

Exactly what we need.

Abel and Hakan fit right in with the older characters. El Fuerte too, but for a champion luchador his design is too fucking plain (and has a stupid gimmick).

My biggest wishes for mechanic changes are one frame links having a buffer, no more plinking nonsense, reduce amount of OSs, redo the input system (no more getting random DPs for trying to throw out a cr.MK Fireball) and tone down/rework/remove Focus Attacks and Ultras.

Please this. Stupid shortcuts.

Anyways, I was saying that I'm really excited for SFV and how PS4 is now solidified as THE console for fighting games. MS can't secure any of the other big fighting game IPs. MKX is already multiplat. Versus series' future is right in front of you. Tekken and SoulCalibur always sell more on PlayStation and I can't envision a world where they'll be Microsoft exclusive.

Other fighting game IPs are too small to matter.
I could see SoulCal as an exclusive... but I don't think we are going to see another one so soon.

Salex_

It's pretty big.

After 6 days
tz938MB.png

The situation is a bit different though. Initially, everyone thought it was a lifetime XB1 exclusive. All the PC and PS people were raging and there was a lot of tricky PR to talk about.

Sayah

I could see SoulCal as an exclusive... but I don't think we are going to see another one so soon.

I think we will see SCVI soon enough. I'm pretty sure of it actually. Namco was ready to kill the franchise after SCIV from what I remember and Harada convinced them to make SCV. Even after being a very rushed release that dumped people's favorite character and had lacking SP content, the game managed to sell very well.

Then, Namco took the route of creating F2P Tekken and SC games (to get some extra moneyzzzz) and now I think we are set for a new Tekken (already announced and in production) and SCVI. I wouldn't be surprised if the Soul Project is working on SCVI right now actually..........because what else could they be doing right now?

Yes, it would have been so much more hype if it wasn't leaked.

Top Bottom