• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 1-7 | Guest characters are banned

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
He took his video down (him talking about the trailer/the breakdown), but I could've swore I saw at least the logo in his thumbnail.

kirblar

He put up the same vid minus the leaked images, which is completely ridiculous to get a takedown on, as it's literally him just talking into a mic for 7 minutes.

edit: Yeah, the logo was in the Thumbnail, actually.

Skimmed through a little bit of the thread.

Well......I've learned that there's a lot of graphic whores on this site. It's the Tekken 7 thread all over again.

CoD rehashes levels of previous titles with a copy/paste job and considering how those games sell, I barely see people complaining about that.

Here we have early footage of a game and people want to go on crusade against the game's graphics based on a few seconds of footage and ruin other people's excitement with their bitter opinions.

I like constructive criticism.

Not "this looks like shit."

I think you are too dismissive of people's opinions and gut reactions to things when they don't align with yours on occasion (maybe I do it too).

Like you said, there is only a few seconds of footage. What do people/capcom expect people to think? Have it both ways? If they love it awesome, if they don't, hey, it's only a few moments, don't judge us.

The whole point of this little teaser is to gauge people to see what their reaction is to this early look. Your first gut thoughts when you see something are most times the most honest. There is nothing else on display to judge but the few snippets of gameplay and graphics.

I am just speaking for me here:

Gameplay is king, but graphics matter more than you are giving credit for. And more in depth to that is feel, physics, the art direction. If i love the mechanics, I am going to be looking at this stuff for a good long time. This all matters to me. I like looking at good art and animation. Maybe these people are simplifying saying it "looks shit", when they don't like the art or how these guys are animating. i admit, it's annoying.

You say SFV looks beautiful, just from that teaser. Just those few moments? Why is your positive quick take more acceptable? I don't think it does personally. It looks rough (like a year or so out), but they put it out there for people to judge, so we shall judge.

Let me preface, I really like SF4. But just from they have shown,I wish they went in a different direction with art direction, and the physics and the inertia of how they are moving looks the the same vein of SF4. And those character models are not blowing me away. I have been playing since 2008. I wanted something different.

I am sure it will be fine with it releases. Models will look great. It will animate smooth. I'll be there day 1 of course. I will probably like the mechanics. But we are judging in the now.

I wanted a 3S like reboot (like what I wanted with Tekken 7, haha). My dream was doing like Xrd engine, models looking like the SF2 anime kinda. Maybe having a run, or just moving around different, dashing different. heavier jumping, but more explosion on take off. Things like these. Maybe it will happen on final product, who knows.

I would not be so dismissive of peoples gut reactions. Maybe they are wrong. maybe you are wrong. Maybe I am wrong. I do see your point when it's hyperbole and it's annoying. But there is nuggets of truth in there maybe.

Also on COD, I don't think alot of players post here, of the huge base at least. Just from people I know who play, they play for the mechanics and gameplay, not the graphics really. I think they all admit it doesn't look that great, but love that framerate. My brother moved to Titanfall and Destiny. I asked him why, he said he was bored of how COD plays, but he said he also wanted to play in a different universe and "it looks basically the same every year".

Skab

I thought Max also rehosted the leaked trailer earlier today?

He did, which got taken down. So he put a new video up that was just him talking about it, with (like he said in his tweet) no screens or footage or anything, literally just him sitting in his streaming room talking into a mic about it all, and they hit him with another strike.

edit: ahh, thumbnail

kirblar

Why? Information leaked prior to intended release. They have every right to attempt to minimize spreading of the leaked information as much as possible, even if it's futile. Only thing this hurts is max's cpm for having one of the earliest sf5 related videos on YouTube.
Marvel handled this the right way with the AoU trailer. Just roll with it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kind of thought he'd be struck out for immediately reuploading every trailer for every FG, but instead it's happening over nothing. Kind of sad that nothing would be done about this for a smaller scale channel.

Standard Youtube content protection; really does suck.
It's also the game you play as a YT content creator, unfortunately. Better be first or you're out of the game.

Malice215

Max should know better tryna get that early CPM on a reaction video to news that Capcom doesn't want you reacting to yet.

Also lol at ZTS getting zipped up by PR Balrog.

Marz

Is Max like slow?

What did he expect? If you value your stupid youtube channel so much don't do stupid shit

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Is Max like slow?

What did he expect? If you value your stupid youtube channel so much don't do stupid shit

Wonderful jump to conclusions with little information. Not to mention I've been working with the company for the past 4 years on video production for 6 different titles. You'd think simply talking about one of their games, among the millions already talking would be fine.

The trailer was on my channel for 15 minutes before I took it down myself after speaking with some friends at CUSA. The issues aren't with a trailer, it's with a video that had zero footage of the game and only a single shot of myself talking. My apologies if you think doing this is 'stupid shit' with your troll-bait comments, but it's what a large audience asks of me. If I simply ignore everything that's going on, it takes away something I find really important, which is being excited about a fighting game and conveying that to those who care in video format.

In other cases, companies like MS with KI and Netherealm with MK usually embrace a leak as PR opportunities. It's fairly difficult to understand how discussions/footage will be taken on the internet unless there's an example being made of and strikes being dealt.

Wonderful jump to conclusions with little information. Not to mention I've been working with the company for the past 4 years on video production for 6 different titles. You'd think simply talking about one of their games, among the millions already talking would be fine.

The trailer was on my channel for 15 minutes before I took it down myself after speaking with some friends at CUSA. The issues aren't with a trailer, it's with a video that had zero footage of the game and only a single shot of myself talking. My apologies if you think doing this is 'stupid shit' with your troll-bait comments, but it's what a large audience asks of me. If I simply ignore everything that's going on, it takes away something I find really important, which is being excited about a fighting game and conveying that to those who care in video format.

In other cases, companies like MS with KI and Netherealm with MK usually embrace a leak as PR opportunities. It's fairly difficult to understand how discussions/footage will be taken on the internet unless there's an example being made of and strikes being dealt.

Could it have been an automated thing? If you talked to some people there must be a miscommunication somewhere if someone went in there and issued the strike manually.

TheChits

Yipes and Spooky
KuGsj.gif

CurlyW

People are actually siding with Capcom on this one? Christ, they show 5 seconds of a new game and people are already back to worshipping their every move.

Clawww

I'm upset about Ryu keeping his big red gloves

it always felt incongruous to me that he had these brand new professional looking gloves on; it's even more curious because Ken's wearing far more understated brown ones

Riposte

I wonder if Capcom is being more protective than they were with Marvel leaks because there's some obligation toward Sony and their show.

Marz

Referring to you re-hosting a leaked trailer when you have a large number of subscribers. Its just asking to get your channel in trouble. You were anxious to get that vid up early so you could get all those early views, don't get mad at Capcom for trying to protect their own interests.

It's fairly difficult to understand how discussions/footage will be taken on the internet unless there's an example being made of and strikes being dealt.

You knew this, yet you went ahead and did what you did.
Look, I'm not gonna say exactly whos right or wrong in this situation but doing this was a huge risk.
This isn't just some leak that happened out of no where. This was supposed to be an insanely huge announcement for a big event (Playstation Experience). They don't want people talking about this yet.
You could have just waited what? Around 24 hours when the announcement is supposed to happen and then you could have discussed it.
I do think its a little bit shitty that they gave you two strikes though considering you've done work with them.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Could it have been an automated thing? If you talked to some people there must be a miscommunication somewhere if someone went in there and issued the strike manually.

Based on the information from my network and available as a Strike comes thru, it's not automated.

Referring to you re-hosting a leaked trailer when you have a large number of subscribers. Its just asking to get your channel in trouble. You were anxious to get that vid up early so you could get all those early views, don't get mad at Capcom for trying to protect their own interests.

You do realize, that the majority trailers are given to me by these companies, right? As someone who has an audience on the internet, we're given media to promote all the time. Of course I don't use everything, and only post those about games I genuinely care about. But have you also considered, that with my video production background, I'm the one making some of the said trailers?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
People are actually siding with Capcom on this one? Christ, they show 5 seconds of a new game and people are already back to worshipping their every move.
Not everyone is taking sides, of course some dude's channel shouldn't be obliterated for what is common knowledge at this point, but:
- I've never seen Capcom rip trailers off the internet that fast
- We all know this was an announcement either for TGA/PSX/CC. Max reads GAF, too.
- After getting one takedown notice for uploading that copyrighted content, why would you even risk putting something back up there with part of that content in the thumbnail? That's asking for another notice for repeating the same mistake.

That's a risk you could avoid, even if you still want to put a video out (which he should have every right to do).

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
A planned special announcement at some special event was compromised. As a company I understand their point of view. I don't think the second strike would happen if Max never got the first. It seems to me like a this guy did this and we got him to stop and he's still doing it in a more subtle way. Certain companies will respond accordingly. Imagine if this were Nintendo. You can be sure they would go on a rampage and bust anyone's asses.

fader

A planned special announcement at some special event was compromised. As a company I understand their point of view. I don't think the second strike would happen if Max never got the first. It seems to me like a this guy did this and we got him to stop and he's still doing it in a more subtle way. Certain companies will respond accordingly. Imagine if this were Nintendo. You can be sure they would go on a rampage and bust anyone's asses.

omg imagine if it was Disney!... Then you will be looking for a new job.

Max my nigga I hate it had to be him
kttcolisadcam

Capcom trynna put this dude 6ft deep in debt

but his head would still be aloft!
opieop.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
At any rate, I don't think Max is in trouble for a second, and Capcom USA would help reconcile whatever discrepancies might arise.

Top Bottom