• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 15-21 | I did the math; it came out to 500,000

Is there a move list for omega yet? I'm sure this has been asked a million times already, but this has been the first time I've been able to sit down with it a little.

Kimosabae

Banned
Frankly the most I knew about red and blue is that Red is often used for hot blooded characters while blue is used for the calm and collected type, which fit Dante and Vergil perfectly.

"Hot-blooded" isn't an adjective that accurately describes either character. Their characterizations are promoted by the company as being the complete opposite of that, in fact. Dante in particular.

Just had the best sleep in months. Feels good.

The balance changes are real good but is being overshadowed by Omega mode.

Omega Mode will be dead in a week. Faster than that without infinite patches. It's for the people that whine about the series being slow and boring and the infinities will just be another lame excuse for them to pick the game up and drop it again.

Busaiku

Most of the bigger games, like Calamity Trigger and Chrono Phantasma, don't need to be million+ sellers to be profitable.
They probably do like 200k worldwide, at best, and combined with arcade revenues, this keeps them afloat, even growing.

Compare that with something like Street Fighter V, which'll probably need to do 2-3 million+ to be profitable, and it's understandable why they keep fleecing their base.

NEO0MJ

"Hot-blooded" isn't an adjective that accurately describes either character. Their characterizations are promoted by the company as being the complete opposite of that, in fact. Dante in particular.

Maybe not shonen level hot blooded, but Dante is pretty cocky and fun loving compared to the serious Vergil, at least in 3. Those two are a perfect fit for the Red Oni, Blue Oni trope.

Edit: Anyways, we're going off topic with this.

kitzkozan

Most of the bigger games, like Calamity Trigger and Chrono Phantasma, don't need to be million+ sellers to be profitable.
They probably do like 200k worldwide, at best, and combined with arcade revenues, this keeps them afloat, even growing.

Compare that with something like Street Fighter V, which'll probably need to do 2-3 million+ to be profitable, and it's understandable why they keep fleecing their base.

It's still a terrible business model and it will eventually backfire on them. That being said, I'm considering BB CP extend as a good entry point in the series. :p Perfect timing to get a current gen version with no need for DLC characters (in theory).

Infinite

It's still a terrible business model and it will eventually backfire on them. That being said, I'm considering BB CP extend as a good entry point in the series. :p Perfect timing to get a current gen version with no need for DLC characters (in theory).
I don't think it's a terrible business mode, it's the definition of sustainability. It just sucks because were the ones who receive the short end of the stick with them prioritizing arcade revenues. It's not much room for growth with such a model but arcsys isn't a big company at all. The only way it'll backfire on them is with a huge cultural shift in Japan.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ken Bogard released another SFV video. Anyone here want to translate what he's saying (especially on more hints/rumors)?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyyIb1tk5jE
It's been an hour on the internet
iYQ0JKya3As1v.png

Why has nobody translated this yet
iYQ0JKya3As1v.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I feel like every 3 months there is a new BlazBlue Aksys wants you to buy. They really do a horrid job of trying to ignite any sort of interest in anything but hardcore players.

I feel like every 3 months there is a new BlazBlue Aksys wants you to buy. They really do a horrid job of trying to ignite any sort of interest in anything but hardcore players.
They know their audience will keep shelling out for the titles.

I am buying if Nine finally gets in. Do the right thing, ASW!

So are you playing I-No in Xrd?
Going for Zato. :-D

I've wanted to use him since my first GG, but I was just a mashy scrub that didn't understand game mechanics. I mostly used Dizzy and Testament since I liked projectile spam. I-No is cool, but she's not quite my style.

I was planning on spending 2 full weeks of Christmas Break practicing Zato in training mode, but now it's all fucked up and I don't even have a way to play the game. -_-

Busaiku

I mean, there's a new ArcSys fighting game announced about every 3 months, but BlazBlue itself is only annual.
Things get wonky when you use the Japanese and US releases though. And then even more when you add in the arcade releases.

Astarte

And now we'll never experience an ASB sequel in 60 fps.

I felt like the combo system was a little boring and slow in the first game, but that doesn't mean it couldn't have been tweaked into something great. So I don't know how to feel about that opportunity lost.

Apparently CC2 isn't developing this so I guess it's understandable as to why the battle system's so different. I'm just a bit saddened over the fact that the battle system isn't going to get tweaked a bit more; maybe after the mass resell blunder that ASB turned out to be Bamco refused to give the Jojo name to CC2 again.

Marz

Going for Zato. :-D

I've wanted to use him since my first GG, but I was just a mashy scrub that didn't understand game mechanics. I mostly used Dizzy and Testament since I liked projectile spam. I-No is cool, but she's not quite my style.

I was planning on spending 2 full weeks of Christmas Break practicing Zato in training mode, but now it's all fucked up and I don't even have a way to play the game. -_-

Haha me and you always like the same types of characters I feel(except wtf @Blanka), been trying to grind out Zato too but holy dicktits he's hard. I got a full week off next week but honestly its going to take me a while especially with the fact that you need to learn the muscle memory for negative edging during combos and even just in neutral, which I've never had to do before.

He's got some really cheap stuff though. Good anti airs, command grab, unblockables, safe specials etc. I can tell how he works its just getting to the point where my fingers are capable of keeping up with my brain lol.

Dizzy, Testament, and Zato were the characters I always dicked around with in +R, if Testament gets into this game I'm maining him.

Rhapsody

Banned
Haha me and you always like the same types of characters I feel(except wtf @Blanka), been trying to grind out Zato too but holy dicktits he's hard. I got a full week off next week but honestly its going to take me a while especially with the fact that you need to learn the muscle memory for negative edging during combos and even just in neutral, which I've never had to do before.

He's got some really cheap stuff though. Good anti airs, command grab, unblockables, safe specials etc. I can tell how he works its just getting to the point where my fingers are capable of keeping up with my brain lol.

Dizzy, Testament, and Zato where the characters I always dicked around with in +R, if Testament gets into this game I'm maining him.

That reminds me, I need to add you on my other account that's usually for fighters.

I can teach you Zato for sure though if you need anything.

Dizzy, Testament, and Zato where the characters I always dicked around with in +R, if Testament gets into this game I'm maining him.
I would like to try and stick with Zato.

I only play Blanka because Oni is super bad and frustrating. Also, I enjoy pianoing. It gives my fingers something to do in Street Fighter. Sometimes I pick new characters up just to learn a new technique. For example, I picked Guile up when I started SFIV because I was playing Painwheel/Parasoul in Skullgirls, and I wanted to learn how to play a charge character. I'm not a huge fan of Blanka, but the entire SFIV cast is pretty underwhelming to me.

Plus, fireballs suck in SFIV, and after months of getting hit by random EX crap that goes through them, it's fun to play one of the best anti-fireball characters in the game. Finally, I picked SFIV up knowing that it would just be a transitional game. I don't think I could ever play it seriously in its current state.

It's too bad Xrd isn't cross-buy if you go digital. Then I could use my PS3 stick for a while until the PS4 ones are available again.

Dahbomb

Karst, have you tried the new Ryu out in Ultra?
I did and Karst will not like that either.

You don't understand his grievances with USF4. It's that it's easy to counter/get in on fireball/zoning characters off of a single read thanks to the various moves that go through projectiles (pretty much every character at least have an EX move that goes through, characters like Shoto have a Tatsu that goes through without using EX).

I don't have a problem with that personally even though I play Guile. I like that I can't just sit back and win with just fireballs all day... would be way too cheesy.

kirblar

Trust me when I say that in a fighting game of this volume catching everything is just an absolute impossibility. I expected this to happen the moment the mode released.
Yeah, given that it's "we're gonna let as much bullshit as possibly slide", it was sort of inevitable, and will just need whack-a-mole patching.

xCobalt

The fireball changes to ryu doesn't sound like much on paper but the changes are pretty substantial imo. His zoning has drastically improved since he can mix up the speeds better. It seems like the fierce fireball travels faster than his EX version.

Marz

The fireball changes to ryu doesn't sound like much on paper but the changes are pretty substantial imo. His zoning has drastically improved since he can mix up the speeds better. It seems like the fierce fireball travels faster than his EX version.

His fireball game is better than Sagats now. His EX was sped up in the initial Ultra release as well which people forget.

Top Bottom