• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 16-22 | Everyone has Xrd now, right?

Tripon

Kappa had this up
ZUTl0TC.png

I really don't understand why Singles is on Sat. and Doubles is on Sunday. It should be the opposite since Smash players tend to treat Singles more seriously.

Uraizen

Banned
98FE is consistently playable under 300ish ping depending on your input delay setting, and under 150 can feel lagless.

If 02UM has that same setting then there's no reason to believe this netcode will not be as good.

Code Mystics has done quality work with 98FE going as far as adding input display into training mode.

You'll be happy.

98FE is consistently playable under 300ish ping depending on your input delay setting, and under 150 can feel lagless.

If 02UM has that same setting then there's no reason to believe this netcode will not be as good.

Code Mystics has done quality work with 98FE going as far as adding input display into training mode.

Didn't bought 98UM and I had a bag of mixed opinion about it.

I'll be happy when I have more than 20-30 people to play with.

Probably not gonna be much more than 98um where there's a hundred players on the game.

4r5

Oh wow. That lockdown and those confirms.

Dizzy had no escape out of Ky's fireball trap. Solution? Don't get put in to the fireball trap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGH9Y2Rbr9Q&feature=youtu.be&t=1h06m00s

I kinda think you gotta make female characters a little bit weaker / have their skill-floor set a little bit higher than you normally would. 'Cause there always seems to be a set of guys out there that will take a character for their waifu and totally commit to the relationship.

If you make a girl too easy, then she'll be whored out. Kind of like the Elphelt situation we have now. I know a lot of players that picked her up 'cause she's an easy win, but will dump her after the nerf.

Marz

Dizzy had no escape out of Ky's fireball trap. Solution? Don't get put in to the fireball trap.

I kinda think you gotta make female characters a little bit weaker / have their skill-floor set a little bit higher than you normally would. 'Cause there always seems to be a set of guys out there that will take a character for their waifu and totally commit to the relationship.

If you make a girl too easy, then she'll be whored out. Kind of like the Elphelt situation we have now. I know a lot of players that picked her up 'cause she's an easy win, but will dump her after the nerf.

Wtf is this post?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

We have reached the apocalypse; when creepy virtual female fetishes consume game design and character balancing.

hahahahaha, what?

Azure J

Thanks to this Game Grumps playthrough of Star Tropics, I kinda wanna play it now.

#azurejwasright?

Whoa hold up

StarTropics is getting that Hollywood™ exposure? :D

It's fun. First game is really consistent in both theme and gameplay. Second game gets a bit more hodgepodge as a result of the period piece design around each era Mike time travels to, and there are some weird inconsistencies in the game's design (you are going to miss invul frames so much playing through 2) but it's a bit more lenient with movement and allows for some cool traversal on the same grid/overhead dungeon design.

Mike > Ness. Better psychic and yo-yo user free.

On a slightly further tangent, I wish if there were more good Mike Jones art out there to use for GAF avatars. Would main him and use Marth/Takamaru as veteran secondaries. Elphelt, Makoto 3S, the Inklings as newcomers.

irGIk0pRbqBKX.gif

I love you guys, but please stay away from any official avenues for giving game design advice.

I'm barely mostly playing.

i want to subscribe to your newsletter

Rhapsody

Banned

This is the Mori logic. Where Noel pretty much stays bad (outside of CS2) and less people use her.

Although Socal has 3 Noels for who knows why. lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
New Killer Instinct character Aganos trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZUMC_awP5Q&feature=youtu.be&a

Tease for the next character at the end, pretty interesting.
Man, even rock paper scissors mechanics aside, KI is really making me want to get an X1. A year ago I didn't think of it as a personal killer app but it's really become one. So wonderful how they're supporting and updating the game, and MS not giving up on it.

Skab

Man, even rock paper scissors mechanics aside, KI is really making me want to get an X1. A year ago I didn't think of it as a personal killer app but it's really become one. So wonderful how they're supporting and updating the game, and MS not giving up on it.

I've never really understood this train of thought. KI system isn't really RPS.

Top Bottom