• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 16-22 | Everyone has Xrd now, right?

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
They essentially have the same basic gameplay setup, 3 Buttons (P, K, and G) and gameplay triangle that makes up the core experience. Where it differs is that VF's triangle is made up of Strike, Block, Throw, where DOA is Strike, Throw, Counter/Block.Movement is generally easier in DOA with a system more akin to 8-way run where VF requires stepping techniques to get around the field more nimbly. Then there are a lot of other things in the gameplay that were added with later DOAs and the stage interaction stuff.

I could explain better but I'm hella tired right now, I'll try again in the morning, lol.
DoA's movement was a huge turn off for me. Aren't I supposed to play this game with an erection?

Maybe not the best place to ask but do you guys think the new Hori stick will be decent?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SULMRI4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'm lookin to spend about $150 but never used an Hori product. I've had a mad catz TE and an Eight Arc stick before.

Also, are there any plans for more sticks to come out? I want an Eight Arc one.

Hori's are great but less heavy and long-term solid than Madcatz sticks in my experience.

https://twitter.com/josefaxner/status/541358079426977795/photo/1

B4NKIvYCQAAcMcz.jpg
B4NKMNcCIAAtztX.jpg

B4NIxvnCAAA8_d5.png

B4NIyh6CMAApgf8.jpg

sikvod00

Banned
Valmaster eliminated Luffy. Chat full of Rose\Luffy haters complaining how OP she is while the defenders complaining that she's worse than sim because of no good wakeup. Just another Sunday finals tournament. :)

Mr. X

No one read the tweet.

It's a mockup from a random person, he just wants to see it with more color instead of AAA shooter palette.

NEO0MJ

I don't think 16GB is total overkill, especially with the move to W10 and more and more games and apps going to 64-bit. However, RAM is so cheap it doesn't make much sense to skimp on it.

I guess you're right. Maybe I'm just too much of a penny pincher :p

Thank you guys for all the hardware tips! I'll probably buy an Intel i5-3570k, a GTX 960 and 16GB RAM

Great choices. Don't forget to check out Desktop Gaf for more help and advice.

How much did that cost? I haven't built a desktop since Half-Life 2 came out :/.

The CPU+Motherboard+Memory was around 350€. The graphic card cost was around 200€ and we added a SSD as the boot drive. Total was around 630€. Since she already had a good computer case/alim/hard drives she just bought the parts and that was it. She's ok for 3 years now. :)

Shouta

DoA's movement was a huge turn off for me. Aren't I supposed to play this game with an erection?

DOA movement is strange because I was in VF mode but it looks like it's 8WR with a sidestep so it seems OK if you get used to it, lol.

Kumubou

『Inaba Resident』;153172301 said:
Sounds like he plays Akatsuki
Nah, the game just creates that much salt. I swear more Ps happen in UNIEL on a per-capita basis than any other FG. I think part of it is the other mechanics in the game. You expect someone to get bodied from the start in a game like UMvC3 or HnK, but UNIEL looks rather reasonable... until someone gets stuck in the corner. Then the game could be called Under Night In-Holding That Shit.

Winter Brawl 9 - Finals Day LIVE

Nice to see competitive gameplay and not Ryona videos on youtube.
Wait... that's not the purpose of the DoA games??? D:

Watching this stream after playing a bunch online, the game looks like it's in fast-forward.

fader

it's amazing how people want every game that's not a Capcom game to "die out" fast. I was just thinking about yesterday where a stream monster said how "Guilty Gear is going to die just as fast as KOF did". Then Spooky had to correct them by saying "You obviously wasn't around during the time where Guilty Gear was hot."
I swear, it's like a high school club mentality sometimes...

Top Bottom