• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 16-22 | Everyone has Xrd now, right?

SmokeMaxX

Wow coaching for more than a minute? If you need help on the matchup that bad, you're probably not going to win anyway. This isn't nationals.

Tripon

Is smash 4 dragging again?

A match between a Sheik (Vinnie) and Bowser Jr. (Tweek) player went 2-0 towards Vinnie, with Tweek quickly making it 2-2. Then Vinnie had a bunch of his crew mates gave him coaching advice which took more than 5 minutes.

The pace is fine now since they decided to clamp down coaching.... somewhat.

Noel Brown being an asshat is just Noel being Noel though.

Why the fuck does anyone need coaching for more than a minute. It's not a debate club it's to drop advice and dip. If you can't sum up the shit someone needs to improve on in that match in less than a minute you are a shitty coach anyways or the player is fucked to begin with.

Wow coaching for more than a minute? If you need help on the matchup that bad, you're probably not going to win anyway. This isn't nationals.

It wasn't one person, it was about 5-6 people. Which is just as ridiculous.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Personally I rather like Lau Chan's design.

he's actually got one of the more detailed stories in the series
as a character i think he's pretty cool his movelist is pretty wonky looking though. i'd probably still main him if VF6 happens and he doesn't die.

alstein

Why the fuck does anyone need coaching for more than a minute. It's not a debate club it's to drop advice and dip. If you can't sum up the shit someone needs to improve on in that match in less than a minute you are a shitty coach anyways or the player is fucked to begin with.

Wish coaching was banned period. Would allow folks to gimmick people out more.

kirblar

Gotta admit, I do sorta agree with it. The T&A/Costumes are what folks talk about so they overshadow gameplay stuff. I heard they got a lot VF guys to work on LR from one of the guys at my monthly yesterday, apparently he's worked with Team Ninja pretty closely and has friends at the company and has spoken with Itagaki at length.
I was just about to ask if they had picked up a bunch of ex-VF people given your earlier comments (and after watching a few matches on stream earlier.)

Kumubou

More tournaments need to enforce a time limit between games. There's no reason to allow coaching by a whole crew for 5+ minutes. I don't mind coaching in and of itself, but it really should be within the confines of however much time you have at character and stage select.

fader

More tournaments need to enforce a time limit between games. There's no reason to allow coaching by a whole crew for 5+ minutes. I don't mind coaching in and of itself, but it really should be within the confines of however much time you have at character and stage select.

coaching should be timed like a Chess turn. e.g. everyone has 30 seconds they can use for a timeout/coaching and if they use it up no more coaching or something. Just limit it. It was really annoying during Evo where Bonchan and louffy would play one game then talk to their coaches after every single frinking game.

hitsugi

Coaching should not even really be a thing outside of during character select. If that's not enough time, maybe it's beyond the player.

kirblar

Coaching is based off Boxing/Wrestling, which actually makes sense. But in those sports, you enforce a time limit between rounds, and it definitely needs to come into play here. Also, no multi-coaching.

WarRock

she looks like a cat
You thinking Uriko dude.

latest

it's amazing how people want every game that's not a Capcom game to "die out" fast. I was just thinking about yesterday where a stream monster said how "Guilty Gear is going to die just as fast as KOF did". Then Spooky had to correct them by saying "You obviously wasn't around during the time where Guilty Gear was hot."
I swear, it's like a high school club mentality sometimes...

Anyone who actively wants a game to die is a jerk.

I don't like MK, I don't like DoA, and I don't like KI, but I want those communities to flourish and grow and be active because that helps the FGC as a whole

Malice215

They really need to enforce a time limit in Smash because I can't think of any other games which have the problem of coaching and hand warmers taking so much time.

kirblar

There's just so many good games right now. No one has time for all of them and respecting that tournaments need to keep moving in order to showcase them is important.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
For real, dude earned an ignore from me a long time ago.

I mean if you don't like or care about certain games just don't talk about the games. It doesn't do anything to the game and makes people seem like jerks and in some cases bitter depending how they word their things.

Am I a jerk if I wouldn't be sad if ASW stopped making games?
Beef, I love you, but we both know you are a jerk, and relish in it. :)

Anyone who actively wants a game to die is a jerk.

I don't like MK, I don't like DoA, and I don't like KI, but I want those communities to flourish and grow and be active because that helps the FGC as a whole
Props to this perspective. May games of all kinds flourish like a pantheon of gods to choose for worship.

Kikujiro

VF4 Pai is objectively better

I also think VF3 Pai is better than VF2 Pai but that game is not everyone's cup of tea

VF4 Pai is better thanks to the customizations :p

But you're actually right, I think VF4 has the best version of all the characters, even the new additions (Lei-Fei, Vanessa, Brad, Goh) were really cool.

fader

I mean if you don't like or care about certain games just don't talk about the games. It doesn't do anything to the game and makes people seem like jerks and in some cases bitter depending how they word their things.

but this is the age of the internet. Everyone wants an audience.

Kimosabae

Banned
Marlin Pie is on point with Zato right now. So glad to see the OGs back.

Flash especially, who wouldn't stop bitching about the game at first.

Tripon

Random musings:

Wizard have been saying that only 5 games gets Sunday at EVO.

I'm guessing Guilty Gear, Smash4/Melee, Tekken 7, Marvel, and Ultra SF4.

I don't know which Smash game they pick. My head says Smash 4, my heart says Melee. Wish it could be both, but it won't happen.

Top Bottom