• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 16-22 | Everyone has Xrd now, right?

kirblar

it's amazing how people want every game that's not a Capcom game to "die out" fast. I was just thinking about yesterday where a stream monster said how "Guilty Gear is going to die just as fast as KOF did". Then Spooky had to correct them by saying "You obviously wasn't around during the time where Guilty Gear was hot."
I swear, it's like a high school club mentality sometimes...
Guilty Gear's been "dead" a long time - it was last a big thing during the dark ages, hence why many people don't understand its relevance.

Clawww

https://twitter.com/josefaxner/status/541358079426977795/photo/1

B4NKIvYCQAAcMcz.jpg
B4NKMNcCIAAtztX.jpg

B4NIxvnCAAA8_d5.png

B4NIyh6CMAApgf8.jpg

definitely feeling this!

Swarna

DOA requires more skill than Street Fighter. You have to be a god to be focusing with that much lewdness on the screen.

Kumubou

WTF at those Danger Zone combos??? Turning DoA into a full-on anime fighter with that silliness.

it's amazing how people want every game that's not a Capcom game to "die out" fast. I was just thinking about yesterday where a stream monster said how "Guilty Gear is going to die just as fast as KOF did". Then Spooky had to correct them by saying "You obviously wasn't around during the time where Guilty Gear was hot."
I swear, it's like a high school club mentality sometimes...
I don't think people want other games to die (ok some stream monsters might, but they're shitheads). It's that people expect the games to die, instead... because historically, that's what generally happens. Although anyone who wasn't around the bad old days would underestimate how big GG was back then.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Wait... that's not the purpose of the DoA games??? D:

Watching this stream after playing a bunch online, the game looks like it's in fast-forward.

Im getting so much life out of those matches.

WTF at those Danger Zone combos??? Turning DoA into a full-on anime fighter with that silliness.

DOA 1 stage and its the only stage that does that. The others dont bounce you as much.

Shouta

Ground bounce, launcher, grapples matter, *goes to download DOA5:LR core version*

Even that danger zone damage was basically just a good VF damage combo. =O

fader

Guilty Gear's been "dead" a long time - it was last a big thing during the dark ages, hence why many people don't understand its relevance.

that's true. most people who spectate fighting games today more likely came in during the SF4/MVC3 era. But overall it's like whenever a new version of a fighting game series come out, people always judge it's lifecycle if its not a Capcom game. I'm just like "why would you want a game to die?" just doesn't register in my head.

EDIT: wow DOA want's to fix it's image? good on them, their theme is one of the things that put me off to them even though I love VF.

K.Sabot

The fucking throw into combo was pretty sick. Unfortunate that playing Core Fighters online requires PS+, I'm on standby or PC online now.

this commentator basically asking people to not use some of the doa costumes because its distracting lol.

O man, I can only imagine if he had to fight blanka in SF4 with that costume.

Shouta

Gotta admit, I do sorta agree with it. The T&A/Costumes are what folks talk about so they overshadow gameplay stuff. I heard they got a lot VF guys to work on LR from one of the guys at my monthly yesterday, apparently he's worked with Team Ninja pretty closely and has friends at the company and has spoken with Itagaki at length.

Kikujiro

Best Pai is Virtua Fighter 2. VF characters may look a little dull and generic, but at least they don't have the same face like every DOA female character.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Best Pai is Virtua Fighter 2. VF characters may look a little dull and generic, but at least they don't have the same face like every DOA female character.

In DOA5 they changed faces for the characters. Honoka is the only character that literally rips off a face of another character without being a clone like Phase 4. That argument worked on DOA1-4 tho.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Why the fuck does anyone need coaching for more than a minute. It's not a debate club it's to drop advice and dip. If you can't sum up the shit someone needs to improve on in that match in less than a minute you are a shitty coach anyways or the player is fucked to begin with.

Top Bottom