• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 16-22 | Everyone has Xrd now, right?

shaowebb

Still working on Tatsunoko vs Capcom lately. Trying to get a nice team going...been playing a lot of Karas/Polimar. Using Polimar lockdown kicks as an assist point blank to allow Karas to use his invincible dash that can go behind folks to setup mixups.

Also working on some combos that utilize his Chain grab cancelled into the Scorpion "get over here". I can go into cr M and some basic launcher stuff after that but I'm not wanting to ALWAYS resort to aerial raves afterwards and Polimar's insane-O damage output to finish his stuff off. They're easy and I do them a lot now as I relearn the cast, but I'd rather get long stuff as Karas. Nice thing is his standing heavy hits twice, has huge range and marches him forward so its easy to extend and his lvl 3 is an OTG thats nearly full screen. Just needs meter or baroque for the damage.

So far the team works well. Polimar has the juggles and damage, and Karas has the pressure and mixups. Also soooooooooo much of MVC3 was directly lifted from this game. Tons of Vergil's shit appears to be from Karas and in more than one case I swear they used the same animations and poses. Pretty certain Vergil has some Tekkaman Blade stuff as well. BTW Polimar lvl 3 is the stuff of the Gods. That damage makes Akuma's Demon look lame.

Here's some inspiring stuff I'm looking at to get a BNB setup.

Karas combos
Polymar showcasing dat damage

Also a really nice loop I plan on stealing for this team...

Karas/Polymar slide setup

Ah, nice. Someone recommended PS4 over PC for it, which surprised me, but I guess I'll be getting that PS4 before the PC upgrades (in time for MKX, of course.) Already bought Xrd for it anyway.

Yeah, I've still got Xrd for PS4, but I only play AE on PC because a good way to use a Hitbox on PS4 hasn't come out yet.

At least my Ken is coming along.

I20have20returned_zpsxa2ankb7.gif

Finally after a month long ban I'm back! Did anyone miss me? Please say you missed me ;_;

Who are you? :eek:

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";152493761]Yeah, I've still got Xrd for PS4, but I only play AE on PC because a good way to use a Hitbox on PS4 hasn't come out yet.

At least my Ken is coming along.[/QUOTE]

What's your team in Marvel beard?

Rhapsody

Banned
Not really because he has to enter the stance in the first place. They are doing enough by improving the hitbox size on it as well. If you really need to bail out of it just YRC it.

Well he would've been ridiculous if he didn't have to for GG lol

I just feel like it would've been cool to add something to help change playstyles by making it a neutral tool.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Well he would've been ridiculous if he didn't have to for GG lol

I just feel like it would've been cool to add something to help change playstyles by making it a neutral tool.

He would be broken, then again they did nerf the shit out of his melee range game so maybe that would have been nice hahaha

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";152499053]
combo2ucu85.gif
[/QUOTE]

lol, that team looks really sick, I always wanted to experiment with vergil and hawkeye cause they seem to have excellent synergy.

Azure J

If Smash 4 Diddy was in Brawl he would get destroyed by like 15-20 characters.

Smash 4 Diddy would probably get rekt by Brawl Diddy. :lol

Going after GAF Grandmothers ain't impressive in a post "bitchslap your entire family tree" FGW-GAF.

Lots of great posts in the previous thread on the topic of tutorials, then general desire to learn--I have some catch-up reading to do.

Glad ppl enjoyed reading!

To answer the PSAS question, both Maj and I worked on it. Before joining SuperBot full time, I originally came on board as a contractor to take care of some asset requests that Maj was doing since he was getting increasingly busy with other stuff. He trained me to use much of the necessary tools we used like Perforce and the Vita dev kits.

For those that don't know Maj, he makes really sick fighting game videos and tutorials. He's ULTRA meticulous in his work, which is ofc good and bad. Bad in that it can take him a long time to finish even small stuff since it has to be perfect, good in that his attention to detail and the need for it to be perfect produces incredible work. I remember one of my first days where we took almost an hour to get a perfect screenshot because he wouldn't settle haha. Dude would ALWAYS be at his desk at work. First to arrive last to leave type of worker. Even days where I would have to come in on the weekend to finish something, he'd be there alone randomly trying to get some item or move to work properly. He helped me a lot at and I was honored to be working with him. Easily one of the most diligent workers I've ever met. Shouts to Maj!

I have never watched a Maj video I wasn't impressed by, and I guess this is part of why!

Dlent

I actually picked up VF during the sale despite the title(already owned Xrd). Spreading myself kind of thin these days, especially with UNiEL coming out.

Wait, Clockw0rk is in(still?) development? Perforce saved me more than I like to admit.

Neo vs Clockw0rk was the reason I used a Doom/Strider shell in MvC.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Sakurai has said time and time again that he made the game as he envisioned it, which was a pretty technical game. He knew wave dashing was a thing, he implemented smooth landing himself and DI was in the game. I honestly don't know if he knew about c-stick DI though, that's some next level stuff.

30 min until capcom cup details

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS! What channel is the stream going to be on?

Wait, Clockw0rk is in(still?) development? Perforce saved me more than I like to admit.

Neo vs Clockw0rk was the reason I used a Doom/Strider shell in MvC.

What the hell are you talking about?

Edit:

Also, Beard, I'd switch out Magneto for Doom, many many more options with Doom on your team. Might drop my on point character in my B team (X-23) for Hawkeye or switch them out depending on the match up. Finally got a better hang of zoning/spacing for the game, just gotta get better at plinking consistently on pad.

What the hell are you talking about?

Perforce is a version control platform. Version control(Git, SVN, etc) is what development teams use to manage code projects that multiple developers/scripters/etc are working on, so every time you complete a change it can be reviewed/tracked/altered/reverted later down the line.

Well, it's a extremely good idea to use version control even if you're working on something solo, but it's a necessity for group projects.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Perforce is a version control platform. Version control(Git, SVN, etc) is what development teams use to manage code projects that multiple developers/scripters/etc are working on, so every time you complete a change it can be reviewed/tracked/altered/reverted later down the line.

Well, it's a extremely good idea to use version control even if you're working on something solo, but it's a necessity for group projects.

Ohhhhhh, I'm using SourceTree for now. Would you recommend this over SourceTree? After the last 2 updates, it stopped lagging so its alright.

Yeah pretty much iterative backup system. Good when you go one art direction or certain pieces you like or when you need older versions if someone accidently cleans up too much need to work on stuff that works on specific platforms or pre-rigged characters.

If you ever get into development for a larger team, writing GOOD notes is really helpful for when I or other artist go through and optimize mesh/textures.

Ohhhhhh, I'm using SourceTree for now. Would you recommend this over SourceTree? After the last 2 updates, it stopped lagging so its alright.

I used Sourcesafe back in the day too. All that is important is GOOD descriptions. Don't write STUFF or FDAHFLAHDSADHASJK. I know what you wrote. Your username is on it! /rant.

vulva

P4 is better on a local network level, git works better for multiple outside connections though. That said, if you can vpn into the central network then p4 is much easier I find.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
P4 is better on a local network level, git works better for multiple outside connections though. That said, if you can vpn into the central network then p4 is much easier I find.

Programming is a hobby for me so git, local, yadda yadda always flies over my head. Its a two man team so we use git, vpn cost money so no thank you.

I used Sourcesafe back in the day too. All that is important is GOOD descriptions. Don't write STUFF or FDAHFLAHDSADHASJK. I know what you wrote. Your username is on it! /rant.

My friend has written some unprofessional stuff from time to time (lol worthy) but all the indies I know are really chill so it can't be too bad.

Edit:

HOLY HELL I should really stop using this username elsewhere lol, time to change it.

I don't have very deep opinions about version control; most of the work I've done for years has been with SVN projects, though I hear people who use more modern stuff really rag on it. I've only started dabbling with Git projects recently, and so far they haven't left any meaningful impression on me versus SVN. If it doesn't give me problems, then I'm good with it.

EDIT: Ahh OK you already get it.

Horseress

I'll be awaiting your thesis defense..

I won't make a full defense on it, but there's like 30 ways to block, 30 techniques to combo into, to start combos, 3 roman cancels, and...I honestly thought I would like it enough to take the time to learn everything....but it didn't happened. Anime is not for me
the avatar stays tho

Top Bottom