• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 16-22 | Everyone has Xrd now, right?

Rainy

Banned
Premier Events

North America
Final Round
NCR
SCR
CEO

Asia
TGS
CPT Asia
SE Asia Majors
TBD Event in Japan

Europe
Hypespotting 4
Stunfest
Milan Games Week
Dreamhack Winter

World Qualification Events
Evo
Canada Cup
Brazil Game Show
KO Fighting Game Festival

For new page. I'm updating info as it comes out.

FourMyle

It's one, it's not listed under USA because of the depth of competition.

EVO Prize Bonus: 50K
Qualifier Prize Bonus 15K
Capcom Cup Prize Pool: 250K for Top 8. 2nd= 60K, 3rd = 25K, 4 = 15K, 5/6 = 10K, 7/8 = 5K

Ah got it! makes a lot of sense actually!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Both East Coast events being in the deep south when the biggest FGC community's in NY is very weird.

Only tournament in NY was Defend The North, not really much they can do there unless they did their own premier event in NY which I would doubt cause it would probably be a little too expensive.

Kumubou

This tour is going to bring out lots of hunger, lots of salt. Can't wait.

RIP East Coast.
I would say the one quibble I have here is that one of the EC majors (TFC? NEC?) being ditched over both SCR and NCR... that and it seems a little weird that all of the NA events are frontloaded early in the year (even though Canada Cup may as well be a US qualifier).

Good selection of events, otherwise.

LegatoB

Both East Coast events being in the deep south when the biggest FGC community's in NY is very weird.
I'm blanking on large-scale events in the NE which would be suitable. Especially depending on how late in the year the Cup's finals will be.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
10963810_1598576133693730_67994568_n.jpg

7 minutes

Was Scar on stream at all

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
You ain't know? It's in October.

tinyurl.com/fgccalendar

It happened in February last year so I'm surprised its happening later on in the year. I heard Big E was trying to hold it closer to Manhattan, like at Hunter College, so all the monsters can come out.

pixelish

i'm surprised they didn't say anything about which system they're gonna use for the premier events this year. so i guess they're fine with TOs using 360 as the system of choice?

kirblar

i'm surprised they didn't say anything about which system they're gonna use for the premier events this year. so i guess they're fine with TOs using 360 as the system of choice?
They wouldn't really want to ask people to switch over to PS4 for tournaments until SF5 drops.

Shouta

So for the US, there are 6 Premiere and 6 ranking events folks can feasibly attend. With 15 folks qualifying from points, Ranking events are gonna be pretty important in the big picture in addition to the Premieres. Looking like it's gonna be fun. =)

Also, Northwest Majors 7 is a Ranking event. Super hyped. Kreygasm.

hitsugi

They spread things out better than I anticipated, and the top 3 at Capcom Cup is insane.

A fitting way for SF4 to go out.

EU CPT events:

Cannes Winter Clash. Hypespotting. Stunfest. FFM-Rumble. Dreamhack Summer. Versus Fighting. EGX. Red Fight District. Milan Games Week. Dreamhack Winter.

VSF and RFD were not formally announced before now. Both are amazing events.

kirblar

15 at-large spots is a lot. Who would have qualified had we had them this year?
A fitting way for SF4 to go out.
It'll be supported in 2016 as well for sure, given that SFV won't be out immediately.

Top Bottom