• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 2-8 | The Great Cave-In Offensive

Grakl

If anyone here is in Boston my school is hosting a weekly meet up and tournament this Saturday. Lmk if you're interested.

K.Sabot

As a FGC first and a smash player second I'm vehemently on the side of #oneunit isn't working and probably won't work.

Should allow games to "die" for better (vanilla SFxT) or worse (VF5:FS), using other games to drag the other games up doesn't make people happy. The games are too different for me to rally behind all of them but the ones I like.

Tripon

As a FGC first and a smash player second I'm vehemently on the side of #oneunit isn't working and probably won't work.

Should allow games to "die" for better (vanilla SFxT) or worse (VF5:FS), using other games to drag the other games up doesn't make people happy. The games are too different for me to rally behind all of them but the ones I like.
Apex will likely move Brawl and 64 to one day tournament on either Friday or Saturday. It still won't solve the issue that APEX is now the home of two huge game communities now. Both games are going to get 1000+ entries for APEX 2016 and they might host huge crowds for Splatoon and Pokken as well.

Apex will likely move Brawl and 64 to one day tournament on either Friday or Saturday. It still won't solve the issue that APEX is now the home of two huge game communities now. Both games are going to get 1000+ entries for APEX 2016 and they might host huge crowds for Splatoon and Pokken as well.

hey, moving everything Brawl to Saturday means Smash 4 doubles won't get held up by Brawl!

also you know, presumably they'll start on Friday instead

Marz

Smash 4 is incredibly boring to watch and its only going to get worse as people get better at defense.

People that were saying Sm4sh is faster or a lot better than Brawl crack me up.

The games going to be even slower with how hard it is to punish rolls and how little shield stun there is. Attacking is not safe most of the time so you have this metagame where you camp in your shield and wait for your opponent to do something and react to it. Not healthy at all.

ShinMaruku

I have a question for you folks deep in the FGC. What are the different region's specialities what would you rank each region as? Which area has a better average skill spread US,SEA,JP,S.K?

Kumubou

I don't think it's really possible (or wise) to prop other communities up. Even when developers and publishers do it, everything falls down as soon as the music (and money) stops. People want to play their games, and that's really all there is to it. I don't think people have a ton of interest in helping build other communities.

They're really two communities tied together out of convenience (much like how most FG communities are lumped together mainly due to inertia from the old arcade days)... and even then, I don't know how convenient it is anymore given their size.

Rhapsody

Banned
Smash 4 is incredibly boring to watch and its only going to get worse as people get better at defense.

People that were saying Sm4sh is faster or a lot better than Brawl crack me up.

The games going to be even slower with how hard it is to punish rolls and how little shield stun there is. Attacking is not safe most of the time so you have this metagame where you camp in your shield and wait for your opponent to do something and react to it. Not healthy at all.

This was basically what I've been saying too. The neutral game and offense is a little off at times. And going in can be really messy and awkward. The shield stun and rolls is what bothers me and really affects things.

I still like the game more than Brawl, and I enjoy it more too though. But it definitely has its faults compared to Brawl.

I feel like Brawl had a better neutral/footsie game than Smash 4.

ShinMaruku

I'm certain nintendo will keep them tied because they want to sell the new game and as long as that effort is there I say you use Nintendo. :p

K.Sabot

JP rock at Street Fighter related games, and Airdasher games ie Anime games. Japan rules at Kusoge and poverty games too.
SK also rock at Street Fighter, but they also rule Tekken
China are KoF gods, Mexico too.
US rocks at versus games that have Marvel in the name.
France kinda ruled Soul Calibur for the past couple games.

C5B9EF438F4379409FE964E51A77B13BE71BD8F4

Banshee waifu

10/10

Would main

1JVoPwR.png

It's pretty much still trash.

I think it's good that they are trying to experiment in a different direction compared to the gundam versus arcade games in japan. Clearly they want RoI to have a bigger focus on team play than EXVS does at the moment and they are working towards it. I do agree that the core mechanics are still not there unfortunately.

4r5

Far S having less blockstun is going to be a "need to see it in motion thing" but it doesn't sound like a dramatic reduction.

f.S>Pineberry is no longer safe.
f.S>BridalExpress is reversible on normal block.
f.S-2H is jumpable or jab-able, depending on char.

Azure J

...woah.

Edit: I take it these are confirmed now? I knew that f.S>2HS was going to get chopped to pieces but I didn't think f.S>Pineberry would be that bad.

Nyoro SF

From Stunedge

That's fine. It fits in general with the rest of the "I have okizeme time for three attempts" nerfs.

God help us. Uh... guess I'll use f.S as a poke. Make people guess. I never buffered a raw f.S into Bridal Express anyway. And I should be far away enough from the opponent to not get hit after I pull out a grenade.

The only thing sad about this is that despite the dominance at Arc Revo Faust is still pretty much the same character. :/

Rhapsody

Banned
Slayer secret buffs

- P>2S link added
- HS, longer shaking status on hit
- 2HS, bigger hitbox, longer untechable time
- 2D, bigger vertical hitbox
- 6K, landing recovery 7F->5F
- Helter, jumps up lower
- Under-tow, longer untechable time
- forward step, increased distance when canceled with jump

4r5

Slayer Dead on Time super now being able to cause dizzy is prob the most exciting change.

I thought I read some where that that pdf was not a comprehensive list of changes.

Marz

This was basically what I've been saying too. The neutral game and offense is a little off at times. And going in can be really messy and awkward. The shield stun and rolls is what bothers me and really affects things.

I still like the game more than Brawl, and I enjoy it more too though. But it definitely has its faults compared to Brawl.

Yea, I mean obviously I don't know how the metagame will turn out in the next couple of years but being a veteran I don't see how the game won't devolve into a mundane camp-fest for viewers.

I think the game is kind of fun and I love the graphics and cast but the gameplay is bad imo from a competitive perspective.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

My whole issue is is how you can air dodge so many times. Picking up the game and learning it was easy since I played since N64 days but man, its just frustrating at times. From a competitive standpoint, it will eventually go down imo. As a party game, it will live on as one of the greats cause it is a lot of fun with more people.

Top Bottom