• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 2-8 | The Great Cave-In Offensive

i meant cool fantasy

004-concept-art-yan-shu.jpg
tumblr_nb0lkeFR3F1thxsmlo1_500.jpg

elric___the_balance_lost_cover_by_francesco_biagini-d3l270n.jpg
aurora___lotc_by_damascus5-d5uwuta.jpg

4cafe6859ca7.jpg
skeleton_warrior_by_aaronflorento-d7srl4o.jpg

we have the extreme 90's "lets cram asian stuff, fantasy stuff, robots and military stuff all together at once" (which I appreciate and enjoy mind you) aesthetic (Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat), the claymation aesthetic (clayfighters, primal rage), and the anime aesthetic (every other fighting game ever made ever in the history of earth), but the above style and tone is itching for a fighting game from it

i meant cool fantasy

we have the extreme 90's "lets cram asian stuff, fantasy stuff, robots and military stuff all together at once" (which I appreciate and enjoy mind you) aesthetic (Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat), the claymation aesthetic (clayfighters, primal rage), and the anime aesthetic (every other fighting game ever made ever in the history of earth), but the above style and tone is itching for a fighting game from it

so like the dnd fighting games? The fate stay night games could also count I guess

Clawww

I'd enjoy that as a style in a fighter. We've seen crazy movesets through so many RPG games that I'm sure you could have some cool shit going on with Paladins and Dank Elves etc. in the context of a fighter.

4r5

i meant cool fantasy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ars06kU8MY
http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Chaos_Breaker_(Dark_Awake)

Azure J

That's fine. It fits in general with the rest of the "I have okizeme time for three attempts" nerfs.

God help us. Uh... guess I'll use f.S as a poke. Make people guess. I never buffered a raw f.S into Bridal Express anyway. And I should be far away enough from the opponent to not get hit after I pull out a grenade.

The only thing sad about this is that despite the dominance at Arc Revo Faust is still pretty much the same character. :/

I'm already unlearning my old blockstrings and adding a lot more 2S into the mix. I was doing a lot of 5K>cS>Pine Berry (low toss) and 5K>cS>2S into Pine Berry (load)/Shotgun stance, but man will it suck to lose 5S>2HS slide into sweep/dust/close range shotgun stuff. Ah well, eager to play the new stuff and make the best of it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Besides the loading times, I thought the Golden Axe the duel was good. Even if you didn't like the game play the music was really good.

Rainy

Banned
@levelupseries : It's Official! SoCal Regionals 2015 is on May 1 - 3 in Orange County! More details on the way soon! #SCR2015

Yea, I mean obviously I don't know how the metagame will turn out in the next couple of years but being a veteran I don't see how the game won't devolve into a mundane camp-fest for viewers.

I think the game is kind of fun and I love the graphics and cast but the gameplay is bad imo from a competitive perspective.
Yah the multiple air dodges is pretty disheartening.. With how defensive the game is should have kept it to one...

Kumubou

http://www.teamstickbug.com/ksb2015/ksb-event-info/

Not that the average person can go to Japan easily, but it's a shame they're on the same weekend.
It's something that you can't really consider in terms of planning (and I think you have to be kind of nuts to travel to Japan during Golden Week), but it still sucks. I know that Brett's plans have already been bodied due to this (since he's running Gundam EXVS at SCR). I think it's more wack that all of the WC events are in the span of a month, if anything. Anyone going to NCR, NWM and SCR is going to go out of their damn minds.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm pretty curious on where the venue for SCR's going to be. The last two times were at UCI. Irvine is in Orange County, but who knows if it's still going to be there. I can't remember how quickly they confirmed the venue for the last two times.

Anyways, I'm going to try and make it. I've been to the last 3 SCRs or so, and it's close by.

Shouta

NCR is the weekend of April 3-5, NWM is April 24-26th. SCR is the following week, 5/1-5/3

Texas Showdown is the week after SCR, I believe.

NCR is the weekend of April 3-5, NWM is April 24-26th. SCR is the following week, 5/1-5/3

Texas Showdown is the week after SCR, I believe.

Damn, that's a lot.

Hoping I can make it out to SCR, even if I only enter one or two games.

Would like to see how the Smash 4 SoCal competition stacks up too

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Did the long, boring process of ripping my Melee disc onto my PC.

We dolphin now. Might get that 20XX mod.

I need to do this. Wouldn't it be possible to just download an ISO since I own a copy of the game? Or is that somehow illegal even though I own a copy of the game?

Top Bottom