• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 24 - Mar 2 | Play Seriously

Anne

My suggestion- wait for a sale on Steam, or even better Green Man Gaming (you can often find extra 20% off coupons there)

It's been as low as $12.50/$10. Getting it on console is a ripoff.

http://www.cheapshark.com/

This site might help

I went ahead and grabbed the download on PSN since I had 10 bucks on my account and plus. I would wait for a steam sale but I need it on console since I'm always the person with a spare set up to bring -_-;

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Did Flux kill your dog or something?

Nah, he loves anime and is a pretty chill guy to be around with. My statement was a bit too strong so I'll take it back. I just see Flux as a fraud in marvel, and I'm happy when I see frauds lose. Picks a top tier and hopes he can win based just off of that.

When I walk in.

Wish the best of luck man. I can't say you got Street Fighter in the bag but you got a chance in Marvel!!! SHOW HIM WHY YOU GOT A FREAKING A ON YOUR HEAD!

Marz

Nah, he loves anime and is a pretty chill guy to be around with. My statement was a bit too strong so I'll take it back. I just see Flux as a fraud in marvel, and I'm happy when I see frauds lose. Picks a top tier and hopes he can win based just off of that.

Wish the best of luck man. I can't say you got Street Fighter in the bag but you got a chance in Marvel!!! SHOW HIM WHY YOU GOT A FREAKING A ON YOUR HEAD!

Well he does play Dante anchor.

IMO if you're a Marvel player and you don't have 2 top tier characters on your team you're just asking for it.

Beckx

When I walk in.

Bhkp3NHIQAANpPD.jpg

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Well he does play Dante anchor.

IMO if you're a Marvel player and you don't have 2 top tier characters on your team you're just asking for it.

Dante anchor is viable to an extent since he has damage but uses up too much x-factor time, Flux just doesn't have a Dante anchor. I've been telling him for the past year to put Dante on point so his neutral game could improve drastically and to watch more Cloud matches cause Cloud has a Zero that has that "killer instinct". He's been improving a lot with Dante though, just not up there with Bee and Cloud sadly.

I don't know, this is pretty badass.

Kalamari

never because they bring in the $$$ from LoL

Wait, so you're telling me that any shlub on the internet can get a couple twitch viewbot programs, start a Twitch account, start streaming Skullgirls KI story mode, run ads every 2 minutes, and make as much as someone with 4000+ legit viewers? And Twitch won't do anything about it? That sounds like free money, I hope nobody exploits this issue, because it could make them a lot of money. :p

Marz

i don't think you can really say a zero may cry player isn't playing top tier

Well yea what I meant is he has a well Constructed team, he didn't just throw 3 top tier characters on a team and call it a day.

A lot of people in Marvel have the most ridiculous teams that are horrible.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SaltyBet got unfun pretty quickly. It became less about competing with others and just seeing how you're wild guesses played out, as the majority of people were on there 24/7 (or bots, I guess) and pretty much making their own vast spreadsheets to guarantee advantages. Dunno how people tolerate it today since that novelty factor is long gone.

Did Flux kill your dog or something?
Seems like Flux is in the business of putting dogs down around here.

Silky

Banned
No matter how hard I try, I can almost never beat someone with Rose. uggghhhhh I can't even read what she's gonna do. :/

phaonaut

watched some of The Runback from last night and Unknown's movement with wesker is really sick, especially in the cloud805 match

watched some of The Runback from last night and Unknown's movement with wesker is really sick, especially in the cloud805 match

Its always really cool to see what people do with characters and their assists. I know you get a lot of teleport mixups with wesker but he was throwing in projectile counters and command grabs and using the drones to make his Max Wesker safe. Unknown's movement and how he changes his pace/playstyle in the middle of the match was the most eye opening.

Rotanibor

Cross posting this from the SCR thread
-------------------
I am gonna run or help run two tournaments at SoCal Regionals 2014!

First is the Vampire Savior side-tournament, you can find detailed info here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/291270161025272/
It will be on March 1st at 3pm PST. Entry fee is $5.

Numakie will be attempting to help me stream this on my channel at http://www.twitch.tv/rotanibor, we'll be working with campus WiFi though so we'll see how that goes. Hopefully smoothly!

The second tournament is a Tatsunoko vs Capcom side tournament co-ran by Royal Flush and Kbeast. Detailed info here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1426830194225128/
It will be on March 1st at 6pm PST. Entry fee is also $5

I'm not sure of having a stream for this one yet. All I can say is just keep an eye on my channel. If it ends up there or somewhere else I'll try to let everybody know.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
No matter how hard I try, I can almost never beat someone with Rose. uggghhhhh I can't even read what she's gonna do. :/

She mostly works with pokes and her projectiles, her soul spiral is punishable in some instances. If you are using Dee-jay than just do what rose is doing and zone her out and punish her when she rushes in, gotta play the waiting game.

Sigmaah

Did flux admit to playing zero just for top tier or nah?

Just cause niggas use Zero doesn't mean they're playing him just for top tier. My case for example, I play Zero because I love MMX till death, ain't my fault Zero's top tier!

But yeah maybe flux is playing Zero for top tier, should ask him first tho!

One thing I will admit to is playing Vergil for that anchor status, ain't no shame in admitting that! fuck getting Vergil'd, ima do that shit to other ppl too and plus he works well with Zero soooo yay!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Did flux admit to playing zero just for top tier or nah?

Just cause niggas use Zero doesn't mean they're playing him just for top tier. My case for example, I play Zero because I love MMX till death, ain't my fault Zero's top tier!

But yeah maybe flux is playing Zero for top tier, should ask him first tho!

One thing I will admit to is playing Vergil for that anchor status, ain't no shame in admitting that! fuck getting Vergil'd, ima do that shit to other ppl too and plus he works well with Zero soooo yay!

I respect that. I only player wolverine cause of i played him in marvel 2 with akuma, not my fault wolverine is really good. But I feel flux doesn't play the game cause he likes zero, its cause he wants an easy top tier team. Its not too much work to call dante assist in the corner and just teleport.

Dahbomb

Its not much work to call Tatsu and do Berserker Slash either.

I don't know if Flux is a Zero fan or not. Flocker definitely is but he won't be caught dead playing Tron in UMVC3 (he used to in Vanilla). MMSteve is also a MM fan, he played MM in MVC2!

Justin plays his team because Wolverine was his character in MVC1, Storm was his character in MVC2 and Akuma went well with Wolverine. Then he got known for his Akuma comebacks in MVC3 so he stuck with the team. That team is quitessential Justin Marvelous Wong, in every form. That's why he gives it 120% with that team, playing far past its limit.

At the end though you can't fault someone for picking top tier. That's just scrub mentality.

Sigmaah

I respect that. I only player wolverine cause of i played him in marvel 2 with akuma, not my fault wolverine is really good. But I feel flux doesn't play the game cause he likes zero, its cause he wants an easy top tier team. Its not too much work to call dante assist in the corner and just teleport.

LMFAO My nigga is BAKED!!!

Ya maybe you're right, he hasn't been playing since vanilla has he?

I can't bring myself to play Dante, I tried ZMC and I hate Dante online and hate dropping bold cancel shit so I said nah I'll pass on him. If I need Jam for a certain matchup I might pick him but I usually stick to sent or Akuma second for most my matches, gotta have at least 1 fair character on the team! (No I don't play them for fairness, just play them cause I like the characters and the assists they offer too. Drones and Tatsu for Zero is amazing imo.)

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Its not much work to call Tatsu and do Berserker Slash either.

I don't know if Flux is a Zero fan or not. Flocker definitely is but he won't be caught dead playing Tron in UMVC3 (he used to in Vanilla). MMSteve is also a MM fan, he played MM in MVC2!

Justin plays his team because Wolverine was his character in MVC1, Storm was his character in MVC2 and Akuma went well with Wolverine. Then he got known for his Akuma comebacks in MVC3 so he stuck with the team. That team is quitessential Justin Marvelous Wong, in every form. That's why he gives it 120% with that team, playing far past its limit.

At the end though you can't fault someone for picking top tier. That's just scrub mentality.

I knew someone was gonna call me on the tatsu assist but be honest dahbomb, which is dirtier, zero assist call mixup or a wolverine assist call mixup?

LMFAO My nigga is BAKED!!!

Ya maybe you're right, he hasn't been playing since vanilla has he?

I can't bring myself to play Dante, I tried ZMC and I hate Dante online and hate dropping bold cancel shit so I said nah I'll pass on him. If I need Jam for a certain matchup I might pick him but I usually stick to sent or Akuma second for most my matches, gotta have at least 1 fair character on the team! (No I don't play them for fairness, just play them cause I like the characters and the assists they offer too. Drones and Tatsu for Zero is amazing imo.)

Drones is ridiculous, makes it really unfair when trying to guess a bunch of mix ups while shut down on those damn drones!

Dahbomb

That After Show was GODLIKE! The last moment was hilarious.... limbs into fireball finish!

Zero + Jam Session is about 20x dirtier because the layer of mix ups are deeper and more involved. Wolverine has 3 main mix ups with Tatsu... B Slash with Tatsu after which he gets one additional mix up which finishes his pressure or he gets a high low mix up during Tatsu (which is very strong admittedly) with another left/right mix up after that which has to be converted using resources (B Charge or X factor).

Zero in corner gets like 6 mix ups with Jam Session. His B Slash equivalent mix up is completely safe and he doesn't need resources to convert. He has a fuzzy guard set up and a super duper cheap unblockable set up along with 4-5 different kinds of left/rights. Overall Zero + Jam Session is the best mix up duo in the game by a considerable margin.

Also Jam Session is a superior neutral assist.

Top Bottom