• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 20-26 | I Can't Believe It's Not A Fighting Game

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
why are you guys complaining about Kokoe puffs or whatever, top player and general good guy with integrity who would never accept payola, QisTopTier told me BBCP was perfect

Kokonoe was added to the mix a year latter ;) It's like making a perfect dish then saying MAN THIS NEEDS SOMETHING ELSE and your meal gets fucked up after

Kalamari

Whenever I see Kokonoe, I can only think of the Tom Cruise movie where he's a bartender with that Australian dude and he goes to the Caribbean with the chick from Adventures in Babysitting.

Silky

Banned
SDS83mS.jpg

For the record I don't agree with the Kokonoe ban because I think it is too early. Let somebody win a major actually using her OP shit rather than just being better and then we'll see.

Everything I've seen looks like pretty bad/basic Kokonoe play that the top players of other characters should be able to beat.

Dahbomb

For the record I don't agree with the Kokonoe ban because I think it is too early. Let somebody win a major actually using her OP shit rather than just being better and then we'll see.

Everything I've seen looks like pretty bad/basic Kokonoe play that the top players of other characters should be able to beat.
Wasn't there a GF Kokonoe mirror at Defend the North?

Kioshen

Also guys Hearthstone went open beta so if you wanna play me add DantheBadass#1280.

I dropped out after they nerfed everyone (HTH, Argent Commander among others) but mages ... have they changed anything since then because I was tired of the freeze stalling bullshit ?

Wasn't there a GF Kokonoe mirror at Defend the North?

There was and I didn't see anything particularly broken about either player. Could be wrong, but if you put that play up against a strong Valk or Tao I don't think Kokonoe would have been enough as an instant win.

Niitris

Yeah KI wasn't a complete enough package. The potential's there, but I'm not sure people want to wait until months after the fact to have all the content. Also, the gameplay's a bit too "messy" to have long term viability (and not the good kind of messy that Marvel is).

I agree with the Kokonoe ban being too early.

Dahbomb

I dropped out after they nerfed everyone (HTH, Argent Commander among others) but mages ... have they changed anything since then because I was tired of the freeze stalling bullshit ?
They nerfed every AOE freeze card for the Mages, nerfed Pyroblast, buffed UTH, nerfed OTK combos, nerfed Blood Imps and nerfed DoA/DID.

Jazz-ism

Banned
Yeah KI wasn't a complete enough package. The potential's there, but I'm not sure people want to wait until months after the fact to have all the content. Also, the gameplay's a bit too "messy" to have long term viability (and not the good kind of messy that Marvel is).

I agree with the Kokonoe ban being too early.

yeah i feel for double helix really badly. they could have made an AWESOME product instead of a "decent" one if they didnt have their hands and current model forced by xbone/microsoft

i blame white people tho

Azure J

Has anyone talked about cool stuff like how Prog signed up for a GAF account?

NOW WE HAVE SMASH ILLUMINATI ON OUR SIDE

WE ARE UNSTOPPABLE

Oh shit, really? Welcome prog, you did a great job at Apex. I saw in that hilarious "No Spooky at Apex" thread on Smashboards that you were there while dealing with bit of a health issue. Get well soon and just know that you have fans everywhere man. :)

The funniest thing about the Kokonoe situation is that this is a character people have been wanting in the game since CT.

And people always argued against it sayung shed be weak or something lol

The funny thing is I actually really like her as a character (enough that I was considering BBCP) and then when I heard she was this toxic/powerful a force in the game I got all sad faced. :lol

vocab

I cant even tell who's trolling or being serious. I guess if players want a broken character they can have it and the shitty ass game that houses it. I like BBCP, but come on son, that character is laughable.

Astarte

Man, I got my ass handed to me by several five year olds who all wanted to play "pink cat girl". It's not a sign that she's broken, it's obviously a sign that I suck. Real though, my friends organized a little get together and out of the sixteen that came I was the only non-Kokonoe. Thanks.

Shouta

Folks really should let Kokonoe rock for a few tournaments to see if it's really the case that she's way too overpowered.

Folks really should let Kokonoe rock for a few tournaments to see if it's really the case that she's way too overpowered.

But if BBCP follows the general trend of US anime fighters post-2008, it'll only get 3-4 tournaments before it's declared #RIP anyways.

We're on a tight clock here.

There are already arguments that they shouldn't ban Kokonoe because people have put in time to practice her. You let her rock for more time and those arguments become louder.

yeah, you have to wait a bit but you have to act to ban quickly, like within 6 months or so before it spirals out of control
so I dunno

definitely don't drag it out like Meta Knight was though

vocab

All it will take is one tournament of someone doing 100% to dead to convince everyone, but the amount of kokonoe mirrors to go through to get there is gonna be disgusting. A good portion of the people who are playing her are only playing her because her bullshit is on another level. Whatever, listening to Japan for the word like they are some pope of anime is hilarious.

Tik-Tok

Candace has bad skin and a man jaw. Therefore she's a bad community manager.

Markman on the other hand has a good moustache so he's a good community manager.

jbug617

Banned

I think the thinking is that they really don't have the time. I'm sure they want a ruling before any type of EVO season start so everyone might be on equal playing field.

kirblar

I think the thinking is that they really don't have the time. I'm sure they want a ruling before any type of EVO season start so everyone might be on equal playing field.
This is the unstated subtext and why the discussion's happening now- banning midseason would suck. Banning up front lets people practice knowing they won't have to play as her.

1 player was ass and got to grand finals then got his ass handed to him, the other picked her up just to win with her to prove how dumb she is. I have no idea why you would even defend this character. CT carl was less dumb.

I look at it this way. If a heap of people rock up to CEO playing Kokonoe how bad is that really? They still took the time to play BBCP and learn Kokonoe and actually showed up.

Then, when a Kokonoe appears on stream? People will probably boo and want them to lose. When somebody playing some other character bodies some half assed Kokonoe players...which will happen... everybody will cheer and get hype.

The alternative is we ban her, people stop playing because they are salty/not getting free wins or whatever and we end up with an 8 man bracket finishing at 8am with two Noels duking it out in GF.

Lets face it, if it wasn't for Kokonoe who would even be caring or talking about BBCP today? Unless you randomly posted something like "BBCP is awesome lol" then I would suggest nobody.

Top Bottom