• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 10-16 | We got new fighting games! And a new Smash Bros!

KI is the truth. I'm mad impressed.
Yeah man, Double Helix got that pedigree:

2tiidCb.png

GpPJnQ3.gif

Enordash

Edit: Read something incorrectly.

It's REALLY hard to get hype for that KI when looking at the Wiki list above. XBone would be a nightmare for TOs anyway so maybe it's better that it will suck.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Makes all the BS regarding the console exclusivity, the console it's exclusive to, and this supposed questionable f2p model more upsetting.

I really don't want a good fighting game to come out, die due to factors outside its gameplay, and kill the franchise for good/discourage additional western fighting games or first time fighting game devs.

Don't worry GGXrd wont do it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I don't think anybody mentioned it but there was a Divekick moment during the Sony conference. It was sort of a magical feeling. You have this game from an obscure genre and it appears briefly for millions to see. I was sort of down on gaming in general at the halfway point of this generation but Sony at the very least, gave encouragement that things will be alright with the next generation.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't think anybody mentioned it but there was a Divekick moment during the Sony conference. It was sort of a magical feeling. You have this game from an obscure genre and it appears briefly for millions to see. I was sort of down on gaming in general at the halfway point of this generation but Sony at the very least, gave encouragement that things will be alright with the next generation.

Canceling those xb1 orders? :lol

Horseress

I don't care at all that we will have to pay for online on PS4. PS+ is amazing! $50 a year for various discounts, free games and other stuff. Sony, take my money, stop being shy, it's yours already!

Doomshine

I don't care at all that we will have to pay for online on PS4. PS+ is amazing! $50 a year for various discounts, free games and other stuff. Sony, take my money, stop being shy, it's yours already!

I already have PS+, but it still sucks.

But... still miles fucking better than buying the Xbone, especially if they keep up the quality of the discounts and free games.

alstein

I do. This pretty much means that unless FGs end up on PC, or the WiiU suddenly gets VF6 somehow, this is probably it for me when it comes for fighters.

Decided that TFC is my last tournament I'm going to, and then that's only if they carry VF. I kinda lost interest in that right now, it may take a few weeks for me to get my drive back for a game I know I'll quit soon.

I might as well try to learn Skullgirls again, at least that has a future.

Everybody get on Furby's channel. GAF is not gonna hold. :()
Anyone who can predict Mirror's Edge 2 deserve a lifetime pardon.

And regarding ps+ - sucks there is a paywall but they have been trying to get in on the money MS is getting and for me, I have already have plus and was gonna keep it anyway.
CBOAT should be unbannable like Drinky Crow.

digging the PS4, not digging X1 at all and even less digging the new F2P model for fighters.

problem is, if the new Tekken and KI are sucessful, you know everyone will jump on the bandwagon.

SF5 will probably start with Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li.

Doomshine

digging the PS4, not digging X1 at all and even less digging the new F2P model for fighters.

problem is, if the new Tekken and KI are sucessful, you know everyone will jump on the bandwagon.

SF5 will probably start with Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li.

Seems like you can at least buy new characters in TR with in-game currency, not sure how much grinding is required though.

Nyoro SF

Seems like you can at least buy new characters in TR with in-game currency, not sure how much grinding is required though.

That's just it; I don't want to grind in my fighting games. I got sick of it in RPGs, I'm going to get very sick of it here.

People keep talking like it's OK if I play for 50 hours that I get an unlocked character, thus avoiding paying for it. This is STILL UNACCEPTABLE. Everything should be ready from the start.

"Free to play", the most hypocritical title ever given to games, will be a horrifying knell for fighting games.

Then 95% of the audience would never need to buy another character, lol.

They'd probably make less popular characters or newcomers free for business reasons.

lol, you're right.

SF5 starts with Dee Jay, Adon and Abel.

nah, i'm with this fella here:

That's just it; I don't want to grind in my fighting games. I got sick of it in RPGs, I'm going to get very sick of it here.

People keep talking like it's OK if I play for 50 hours that I get an unlocked character, thus avoiding paying for it. This is STILL UNACCEPTABLE. Everything should be ready from the start.

"Free to play", the most hypocritical title ever given to games, will be a horrifying knell for fighting games.

Treating FGs like MOBAs is just insane. The economics aren't going to work.

500GB for the PS4.
The MOBA model's a good starting point for a completely untested business model as far as FGs are concerned. We'll see things adjust over the next couple of years as publishers figure out what works.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nintendo's was pretty damn disappointing outside of Smash and 3D Mario. Somehow they managed worse than MS, despite their highlight (Smash) being brighter.

Retro working on DK? ahahahahhaa what a waste.

kirblar

Nintendo's was pretty damn disappointing outside of Smash and 3D Mario. Somehow they managed worse than MS, despite their highlight (Smash) being brighter.

Nintendo basically confirmed by omission that they can't get 3rd parties to work on the console.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Real talk Smash on 3DS looks great. Zero temptations left to buy a Wii U unless it is somehow worse behind the scenes, which I doubt. Seems like they are going for parity with the combat at least.

Sort of sad that Megaman was the only non-nintendo character announced. Felt like they were building it up for more reveals.
Brawl's trailer definitely had more impact too. I think it's okay if there aren't too many non-Ninty characters. They have a pretty rich catalog to pull from. Sonic is pretty much a shoe in at this point.

Whats all the hate for on retro studios? Did they shit on same game they did?

Dahbomb

I just saw the Max hands on impressions of KI and he makes it sound ridiculously hype. And it's not like the old KI games, its way more fun and exciting. God damn it now I want to try it myself. He said the game in person looks and feels way better than in the trailer.

So what's new FGC GAF? What I miss?

Oh and FChamp should be banned on GAF if he states lies as truth. But he's not on GAF and he has not been disproven yet.

Beckx

The PS4 hard drive can be upgraded. And it's region free. Sold.

Hell yeah. Yosp never stopped firing shots last nights.

It was already amazing to watch twitter light up when Jack came back on stage after Destiny - no DRM, no online checks, $399. Preordered as soon as the Amazon page went up.

Sad that Bayonetta wasn't shown for Smash but not really surprising. I have no idea what the general reaction to her new look is, but I love it.

I just saw the Max hands on impressions of KI and he makes it sound ridiculously hype. And it's not like the old KI games, its way more fun and exciting. God damn it now I want to try it myself. He said the game in person looks and feels way better than in the trailer.

So what's new FGC GAF? What I miss?

have fun playing Jago.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Basically disappointment that they're not doing a hardcore flagship title ala Metroid Prime that people were hyping themselves over. Missed expectations.

Basically.

They've got a dope western dev stuck doing super Japanesey platformers. Not that there's anything wrong with Japanesey, but it'd be nice if they weren't working on something that looks like it could be done by someone in the Japanese arm. Variety is good.

Top Bottom