• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 10-16 | We got new fighting games! And a new Smash Bros!

kirblar

People are hyped because FFXV, when it was called Versus, was going to have a world map and air ship. It felt like it could be a return to form. Watching that combat video really let me down, though. It looks like more flashy crap without substance, just like FFXIII. True story: I mashed "Auto" throughout the entire game in FFXIII and through the entire post game (until I got bored). So bad.
Versus has looked like FF does Kingdom Hearts, which could be very good.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
The battle system either looks like an evolution of FF13's battle system, which is awesome, or it could be like KH, which sucks.

The character designs look like typical Nomura bubblegum anime wankery. Bleh.

kick51

Banned
Square Enix has completely forgotten how to make good games. People are hype for that? lol

I'm not counting their outsourced/international stuff. That's actually good.

i was gonna say, don't knock Nier. Too bad S-E barely supported it with advertising and now Cavia is dead after making their best game.

Dahbomb

It might be fun, but it's not good RPG gameplay. I want innovative RPG experiences that take me to new levels of strategy, not dumbed down combat.
FF and KH are AAA blockbuster "JRPGs" now. They are designed around the lowest common denominator meaning you can forget about depth or skill requirement as its all about the presentation. No way SE will risk spending millions for the game to be too hard/obtuse for some.

kick51

Banned
FF and KH are AAA blockbuster "JRPGs" now. They are designed around the lowest common denominator meaning you can forget about depth or skill requirement as its all about the presentation. No way SE will risk spending millions for the game to be too hard/obtuse for some.

people found XIII to be too hard.

sethkillianmindblown.gif

then thought XIII-2 had the difficulty just right. XIII-2 may as well have not even had a battle system or battles, it was so damn easy. I think it also had an easy mode

The KH games have a bunch of difficulty levels though. Not sure how balanced they are, but I'll take that over S-E's "normal" modes.

Indeed.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 17-23 | Your Favorite Final Fantasy Is Ass
FFVIII and XII are the two worst!

I've never played a Final Fantasy.
Figures.

kick51

Banned
The best way to troll Twitch chat is to ask people what their favorite Final Fantasy is. Or just say something random like "FF[#] is the [best or worst]" completely unprompted. Then sit back and watch society crumble.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";63495046]
Ok, stat-based interactions and a player-driven story.[/QUOTE]
Tekken Revolution Story Mode?

Also, Hsien-ko carrying LLND's team. MADNESS.

vulva

The whole thing? Nah son you know I want a piece of that action.

We'll wait for things to be more finalized but right now I like him. That said, I hate betting on entire tournament winners beforehand. I realize that's the best format for how things are here and it's hard to get bets in for each match, but that's what I always prefer. Thank god I can degen at evo

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Watching KBR work is such a joy. Dude is always on top of his game and just plays simple and smart, and it rewards him pretty well.

WorstGiefEVER

Neo Member
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to highlight that Dreamhack Summer begins tomorrow! Tomorrow is also the SSF4 tournament. Expect to see Infiltration & laugh, Ryan Hart (flying over from E3), WW|F-Word, RZR|CG.Problem X and a bunch of other carving each other up!

I'm at the airport now waiting to fly out there and set up. I'll be streaming it as usual up to the final 4, the finals will culminate on Dreamhack.TV in Dreamarena Extreme.

Dignitas Zak Bennett will be in town to commentate as well.

The event will once again be streamed on twitch.tv/armshouse, with grand finals in dreamarena extreme.

Schedule:

Tournament begins 3PM local / 2PM London / 9am west coast / 6am east coast

Grand finals: 11PM local / 10AM London / 6PM west coast / 3PM East Coast

Edit: forgot to add there is just under $8,000 in prize money!

Edgeward

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to highlight that Dreamhack Summer begins tomorrow! Tomorrow is also the SSF4 tournament. Expect to see Infiltration & laugh, Ryan Hart (flying over from E3), WW|F-Word, RZR|CG.Problem X and a bunch of other carving each other up!

I'm at the airport now waiting to fly out there and set up. I'll be streaming it as usual up to the final 4, the finals will culminate on Dreamhack.TV in Dreamarena Extreme.

The event will once again be streamed on twitch.tv/armshouse, with grand finals in dreamarena extreme.

Schedule:

Thanks for adding the US times. Hope to make it back home in time for the scheduled GFs

vulva

Hi everyone,

Schedule:

I think you might have your east and west coast times mixed up. i'm too lazy to look in to it, but unless I'm an idiot, east coast is always later than west coast

pixelish

Kim ‏@Kim1234_ALL_DAY 40s

Hmmm Kazunoko going to S.E.A.M. .. I dunno bout you but I wanna see @JWonggg destroy that guy again. I'm not talking shit, but I am

wow, south east asia major shaping up to be a great international tournament.

Top Bottom