• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 10-16 | We got new fighting games! And a new Smash Bros!

I always type Skrullgirls on accident. :-/ If that game existed, it would be a Super Skrull dating sim.
I'll have your finest Spider Woman and Ms.Marvel models.

Please and thanks
I'd play Super-Skrullgirls.
Even Skrulls would have a hard time mimicking Double's powers.
I really hope BBCP gets a PS4 re-release because of this- so many things about to get left in the dust.
PS3 games will still have free online. They'll live just fine and SFV is probably not gonna be a thing until 2015 at the earliest.
Would sell more than Skullgirls

"Hey baby would yoMETEORSMASH!u like to have dinner wiMETEORSMASH!th me?"
"Sure, can you pickMETEORSMASH! me at 7?"
This could be a thing if Lab Zero really makes the story editor a reality. This has some serious potential for amazing dialogue branches.
Skullgirls PC doing well, esp in Japan might mean more PC ports down the road.
There are no PCs to do well on over there. Skullgirls PC selling more than on both consoles combined would do the trick just fine.

It's arcade showing is where everyone should be looking.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I know I'm late on updating OP, but I promise I will soon, hopefully before the evening.

Yeezus just leaked so I'm just dancing everywhere right now. One last announcement...

...no sports bra, let's keep it bouncin'!

tumblr_moba7xFsK51qcuv78o1_500.gif

kirblar

people who make all-female fighting games sometimes live in glass houses and perhaps those people mightn't throw stones
I thought that originally too, but Mike was brought on after the concepting/art was basically done- he doesn't really have much to do with it.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Any upcoming majors between this and EVO? Is CEO still a thing?

Kioshen

KI only has one female character. They aren't going to reveal her first.

KI2 doesn't ...

Can someone timestamp when Mike Z talks about Killer Instinct?

=============

So from what I read ITT, a fighting game designer can't tell his honest and balanced opinion on a sequel of one of his favorite fighting game. OK. If you actually listen to what he says about it he has valid points about the game but they've just started working on it which he understands too.

Malice215

Any upcoming majors between this and EVO? Is CEO still a thing?

Spooky will be streaming GUTS 2 starting sometime today.

I don't know how much AE will be shown, but Dreamhack is also this weekend, and the week after is South East Asia Major in Singapore.

There's also Bar Battles 5 and Curleh Mustache West the week after CEO, so there should be plenty of entertainment leading up to EVO.

Grecco

Ok I booked my flight for evo, Thursday till Monday during evo weekened. I need a hotel for Thursday till sunday night. Is the quad the cheapest place?

Dahbomb

Ass Creed gonna Ass Creed. There were parts in the demo earlier on where the AI wasn't kicking in or the contact sensitive stuff wasn't registering leading into "wtf was that" moment. All the other PS4 demos ran fine and were impressive.

This is what happens when you make annual "AAA"" titles. The game is essentially a current gen game running with slightly better specs.. even then watch it not be able to run 60FPS.

LordJim

Ass Creed gonna Ass Creed. There were parts in the demo earlier on where the AI wasn't kicking in or the contact sensitive stuff wasn't registering leading into "wtf was that" moment. All the other PS4 demos ran fine and were impressive.

This is what happens when you make annual "AAA"" titles. The game is essentially a current gen game running with slightly better specs.. even then watch it not be able to run 60FPS.

And they are working already on like 3 more.
Ridiculous

vocab

KI talk at 2:26:40

Basically says it's broken and has a ton of bad mechanics, which leads to stuff like 50% unbreakable combos and block string infinites, plus it plays nothing like old KI and none of the development team (except FilthyRich now I guess) has experience working on fighting games. Also it's on the xbone.

All of his complaints are valid. Hell being on the Xbone is enough to make me not give a shit about it. I'm not gonna fall for the SFXT hype shit again by top players.

Top Bottom