• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 10-16 | We got new fighting games! And a new Smash Bros!

kick51

Banned
and look at NRS' good to bad ratio on fighting games. Seems like they're all good now, or at least a lot more respectable, but there was a pretty big dark period of crap game after crap game before MK9.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Impulse buying is too strong, especially when you're sad. Can't fight it. Waiting for PS4 preorders to go up.

Isn't there supposed to be a MadCatz stream?

onionfrog

So you guys think they'll be any fighting games announced during Sony's E3 conference?
Maybe they'll announce a new exclusive Clayfighter to compete with the new KI. kappa

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So you guys think they'll be any fighting games announced during Sony's E3 conference?
Maybe they'll announce a new exclusive Clayfighter to compete with the new KI. kappa
I don't believe the Bloody Roar rumours TBH.

I think we might see Capcom's new game, but that's unlikely too considering they're doing their own thing and their 30th anniversary countdown ends at midnight.

I think there's a possibility. Sony has Seth Killian now, and he has to have been working on something since he was helping out with PSAS.

Doomshine

-=cries=- I am part of the problem. Preordered not one but two of them.

inUaCYxosSZvg.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
congrats to Markmang on the contract, that's a doozy!
MarkMan said on twitter it may've been the first time they've used a 3rd party accessory on the stage, which is huge too (that might be referring to MS E3 stages specifically though).

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yeah I don't have much of a problem with any of the PAR articles that have come out about the FGC. For the most part they've been pretty fair and accurate. I think some people just aren't comfortable with an "outsider" telling it how it is in regards to some of the more negative parts of the FGC, so instead of being like "yeah that's right and it's something that should be improved," their natural instinct is to just deny deny deny.

I do wish these people would do better in acknowledging that this isn't a problem exclusive to the FGC, though. I think the big difference between the FGC and LoL/etc is just that the FGC doesn't have the money and structure for good PR and damage control.

Glad people have already mirrored my thoughts on Killer Instinct here so I don't have to go deep. I'm kinda interested in the new KI but I think it's one of those things that people think they want until they get it. There's a reason why there aren't a lot of American devs who do fighting games. Even devs with 10+ years of experience doing fighting games can't release a first version of a fighting game that's not broken as fuck. Well, it's Xbone exclusive so I won't be playing it anyway I guess.

kirblar

I do wish these people would do better in acknowledging that this isn't a problem exclusive to the FGC, though. I think the big difference between the FGC and LoL/etc is just that the FGC doesn't have the money and structure for good PR and damage control.
That's generally the issue I have- this stuff exists everywhere, but because the FGC is visible (and involves mandatory face to face competition) it just gets highlighted here.

Doomshine

We are starting to see some details for Tekken Revolution:

1 v 1 (no tag functions yet)
No local vs mode so far
Netcode feels like TTT2
Movement feels like TTT2
Bound is gone
New animations for characters including back walk animations.
Added invincible moves
Some launchers have new cool animations that make it more obvious they are punishable.
"Coins" can be gathered by playing matches, they can be used to buy characters and costumes.

From Tekken Zaibatsu.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
An incomplete list of E3 fighting game related stuff thus far:

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate: Core Fighters Announced [ Thread ] [ PSN ] [ NA: Sept 5 | JP: Sept 5 | EU: Sept 9 ]
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle Trailer [ Thread ] [ PS3 ]
  • Namco has released a long trailer showing the customize mode as well highlighting a bunch of new characters to the game.
Killer Instinct Announced [ Thread ] [ X1 ] [ TBD 2013 ]
Mad Catz announces Tournament Edition 2 Fight Stick Announced [ X1 ] [ TBD ]
  • First shown on stage at the MS Press conference, MadCatz promises they will share more about the stick over the course of the rest of E3.
Tekken Revolution Announced [ Thread ] [ PSN ] [ June 11 ]
  • Namco takes the Tekken franchise into new territory with a F2P model, characters that can level up and super-esque moves, exclusive to the PS3.

- - -

Let me know what's missing. Will be updated when MCZ announces their stick for PS4/Smash Bros. etc. happens. Will update OP with this in a bit, should GAF be stable for long enough.

-=cries=- I am part of the problem. Preordered not one but two of them.
Arresteddevelopmentsnoopy-1.gif

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";62400086]Man, there are only a few devs in the world that can make a good fighting game.[/QUOTE]
Even that is pretty subjective depending on who you talk to.

08ce1f4f-fa5c-4523-97b2-75a094899ec0-610x260.jpg

Hmm, I might get PS4 version of this in preparation for next gen fighters. But I would feel better doing that if I knew next gen fighters that I want to play are coming out soon.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
From the X1 pre-order stuff:

Day One Xbox Live Gold 12 month membership:

Available in limited quantities at select retailers while supplies last. Includes Shadow Jago character for Killer Instinct, for use only with Xbox One; both expected to be released in November 2013. Additional Killer Instinct characters sold separately; requires 4 GB storage, for download only on Xbox One. Shadow Jago available exclusively with Day One Xbox Live Gold until February 1, 2014; may be available elsewhere later.

oh god

Top Bottom